Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court (20567 Views)

Woman Slaps Husband At LUTH Car Park Over Unclad Photo On His Phone (snapshots) / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / ‘my Wife Is So Smelly, Dirty I Can’t Sleep With Her’ - Husband Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by dre11(m): 3:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
I am sorry for all I did to him —Wife

A 58-year-old mechanic, Sabitu Jimoh, has pleaded with an Alagbado Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve his 26-year-old marriage with his wife, Afusat, over threats to his life.

Sabitu, who lives at 39, Babsalam Street, Alagbado, Lagos, told the court that his wife wanted him dead.

Jimoh described his wife as a witch, alleging that she accused him of ‘spoiling’ her charm when he entered her room.

“She does not care for me, she stopped cooking for me 20 years ago. I have tried to manage her but I have realised that she cannot change.

“She comes home late every night and does not listen to me. At every slight opportunity, she abused me. She is adulterous. At times, she won’t come home for a week and her phone number was never available. I heard she is having an affair with a tout in the garage where she sells her wares.

“When I tried to correct her, she slapped me thrice. She said I wasn’t going to witness last December. I thank God I am alive,” he said.

Jimoh told the court that if he accepted his wife back, his life would be in danger.

“I am tired of the marriage, please dissolve our union,” he said.

But 53-year-old Afusat denied the allegations, saying: “I am neither a witch nor fetish. I am also far from adultery.”

She said all she wanted was a settlement, adding that she was sorry for everything she did.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/crime/item/32506-i-tried-to-correct-her-what-i-got-were-three-slaps-husband-tells-court

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by dre11(m): 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
I am sorry for all I did to him —Wife

This phrase looks like the wife is guilty of all the charges that the husband must have counted on her.........
Because why would you say am sorry if not guilty

9 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Ahmed0336(m): 4:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
this man eye don see shege.

9 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
Wifey is a cool witch.

1 Like

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
undecided

#team foreign girls cool

7 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Solomon009(m): 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
Mr jimoh is obviously the wife ,vice versa

5 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
If anyone goes with the trend of current marriages...we shall not be inspired to get married in this life again. A man will be happy and full of life, piam, like a hawk, a woman will enter his life and spoils it. That's how they parade around in talons and clevages looking for whom to devour. MUST WE GET MARRIED for goodness' sake?

27 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Islie: 4:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
“She does not care for me, she stopped cooking for me 20 years ago. I have tried to manage her but I have realised that she cannot change.

Is this possible for a man to live for that long with a woman/wife and she decides not cook for him without divorce her that long......

Even in bf and gf relationship....... When the gf did refuse to cook we have heard countless of them separating just because of that

1 Like

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
When a man marries a man.

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Misogynist2014(m): 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
Pls divorce her, no mercy.

1 Like

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Woged2005(f): 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
How people start out as best friends and marriage turns them into worst enemies baffles me. What is the cause? - fake love, love for money and materialism and desperation to be married to just anything blinds most people to the reality of living together under the same roof with the same person with his/her personal weakness yet vowing to make love only to him/her despite how his/her body turns out after 10 years.

When you take what does not belong to you by hook and crook, it's difficult to enjoy it.

Please say No to LOVE = MONEY. it's leading to divorces, kids growing up in broken homes, and homicides (men killing their wives).

Love is not equal to money and gifts. It's a genuine felling for someone without material gains. Re-orientate your children today to be less vain and start believing in love

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Sweetguy25: 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
Very good that Nigerians embracing divorce better these days.
Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by EagleScribes: 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
As in hat trick of hot slaps!

Some slaps can make some people's destiny reset sha

Love is indeed blind

Smh

5 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
Holy molly!
Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by VickyRotex(f): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
Juju at work...

No doubt undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by jbl007(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
Just three slaps

6 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by bastien: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hmmmmm divorce every where,u sure say I go marry? Me no want divorce o,I wan sign full life tike contact with one team

1 Like

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by gbagaunfreak(m): 4:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
sad
Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by coded01: 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
shocked shocked grin grin

Fredoooooo you should be very careful with mukina2... grin

2 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by millionboi(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
Wife palava
Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by delishpot: 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
One sided story. Why una no carry the womans own side? Is it because its a man complaining?
Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Truckpusher(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
kennygee:
When a man marries a man.

grin
grin grin grin grin

And peeps would be asking the man. Your husband dey house? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by chingydaboss(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
I jst wish God can settle ur marriage..
Divorce is never a gud option..

If it's too much. Dey cud separate 4 a while nd sort out their differences..

Bt no party is allowed to marry again
Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by GentleToks(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
Islie:

Is this possible for a man to live for that long with a woman/wife and she decides not cook for him without divorce her that long......

Even in bf and gf relationship....... When the gf did refuse to cook we have heard countless of them separating just because of that

There are load of guys like that around here in UK as well as US....
Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by gbagaunfreak(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Very good that Nigerians embracing divorce better these days.
You should rather embrace sensible comments better undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ghen ghen!!! See gobe...

1 Like

Re: I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court by allanphash7(m): 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
And u dnt even bother throwing back 3 punch and a kick?

Aye e ti baje

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Set Of Triplets Delivered In Bayelsa On New Year's Day (photos) / Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? / My First Year Wedding Anniversary, To God Bethe Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.