Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,179 members, 7,780,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

Why We Must Live A Moral Life: A Nairalander Personal Opinion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why We Must Live A Moral Life: A Nairalander Personal Opinion (3602 Views)

10 Things To Know About Area Boys If You Must Live In Lagos / Monthly Most Active Member On Nairaland-Personal Opinion/Suggestion / Last Three Wishes Of Alexander The Great; A Moral Lesson For Us All. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Must Live A Moral Life: A Nairalander Personal Opinion by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
Disclaimer::This is my personal opinion and not copied from any source.. I took my time to type this with my phone...I just about sharing this thought as they say 'Information makes the World go Round". I may be wrong with my view because nobody is perfect....God bless Nigeria.

We must live a moral life because God has commanded us to do so; We must live a moral life because we are social beings and members of society; We must live a moral life because we are rational beings; We must live a moral life because it is path to happiness; We must life a moral life because of the fear of nemesis; We must live a moral life because it is the way of nature.
On ethical reflection, we all came into this world with nothing, and we shall leave with nothing, no matter how rich we are; It is better to be poor and morally clean than to be rich and morally filthy. For, moral integrity is a higher value than money and material wealth; If the devil offers you money and you follow him, you are short-sighted, shallow minded, and foolish, because you are doing yourself a great harm; if immorality offers you money and you follow it by plunging yourself into fraudulence, stealin, embezzlement, bribery, etc, you are also short-sighted, shallow-minded, and foolish, because you are doing yourself a great harm, for sooner or later you will pay for it and reap what you have sown, according to the 'Law of Natural Justice'.
Those who throw morality to the wind as soon as they see money and sell their moral integrity in exchange for money, are also short-sighted and foolish. The Moral Law is the law of nature. Nobody can cheat nature and get away with it. Nature will always have the last word. After the violation and the enjoyment resulting from it the punishment will surely follow in a manner and at a time one may not expect. It is therefore foolish to enjoy today only to suffer for it tomorrow. Money is not everything. It can only buy pleasure, but it cannot buy happiness. You could be very rich and still be unhappy, especially if you got your wealth through immoral means.
Happiness comes from moral integrity, clear conscience, peace of mind, selfless service, and contentment. Nigerians are very "religious" people (I am not sure). But as the same time, Nigeria is one of the most corrupt and immoral in the world. Those who corruptly enriched themselves through immoral means are generally Christians and Muslims who throw their religion and morality to the wind as soon as they see money. The practice of any religion without commitment to moral way of life is an abomination before God. God says, "These people honour me with their lips but their hearts are far from me." The worship they offer is worthless. God bless

Abdullahi Suleiman Saidu
Department of Economics
Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
Suleimanrays@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Project Completed For A Nairalander Pics!!! / Nairaland Dundis,mugus And Mumus / The Meaning Of "YIM" On Every Nairalander's Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.