Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far (1376 Views)

APC Conducted An Online Assessment Polls Of Their Performance (see Results) / Buhari Leads In All Opinion Polls Conducted Except One / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by megawax8: 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
According to various opinion polls conducted online so far, Gen Mohammadu Buhari of the
All Progressives Congress (APC) is leading
President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) with a wide margin.

According to PM News, a recent poll conducted by popular blogger, Omojuwa, showed that Buhari is likely to defeat Jonathan in this week’s poll as the former general polled 88 percent as against 12 percent polled by Jonathan.

Also, a poll conducted by renowned Center for Public Policy Alternatives, showed that Buhari will win the poll as he polled 58 percent as against 32 percent polled by Jonathan. Another poll by an online news portal, Nigeria Eye also tilted this week’s election in favour of Buhari. Out of the total 7,043 respondents to the poll, Buhari got 72 percent to defeat Jonathan, who scored 25 percent while the remaining three percent was shared by other parties’ presidential candidates. However, in the poll conducted by Kevin, Charlyn and Kimberly Associates, a United Kingdom (UK)- based research and political risk consultancy firm, Jonathan is predicted to win the poll with a probable margin of 13 per cent. But Buhari leads Jonathan by a wide margin in the opinion poll conducted by renowned online
newspaper, Premium Times. Out of the total
9,206 respondents to the poll, 8,176 Nigerians said they will vote for Buhari. The online newspaper simply asks: Who do you
think will win the Nigeria 2015 presidential
election? Thousands of people voted for Buhari who polled 88.81 percent in the poll, while Jonathan, who got a paltry 877 votes, about 9.53 percent came a distant second. All other parties’ presidential candidates shared
the remaining 1.66 votes in the poll.

Another online newspaper, the Daily Post’s
opinion poll gave it to Buhari also. Out of a total of 9,204 votes in the poll, Buhari emerged winner by polling 6,129 votes (66.59 percent) and Jonathan, with 2,516 votes (27.34 percent) came second, while other parties shared the remaining 6.07 percent votes. Buhari also emerged winner in the poll conducted by the globally-renowned political risk research and consulting firm, Eurasia Group.

The Africa Independent Television (AIT) conducted a poll to gauge the popularity of Jonathan after the station had run
a damaging documentary on Buhari. After two days of the poll, Buhari was leading Jonathan by 7,158 (76.23 percent) as against 1,953 (20.8 percent) polled by Jonathan before the station shut down its website, alleging massive rigging of its own opinion poll.

Source: www.naij.com/407550-buhari-defeats-jonathan-in-10-polls-conducted-so-far.html?pk_campaign=ush
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by Basildvalour(m): 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
There is still one poll left- the decider and it isn't far fetched any longer.
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
OP unfortunately, online poll has diasporans, foreigners, multiple voters, underaged, people without PVC, those with PVCs but relunctant to vote as participants. It is also restricted to those with access to the said polls. There are also those that are aware of the poll but are relunctant to vote. Meanwhile, the voting bloc are the traders, market people, artisans and people in rural areas. These people don't do e-vote. There is also the silent group that watches as things unfolds. Trust online poll @ your own risk. In the run up to USA presidential election 2004, online poll predicted victory for Jonhn Kerry but Bush was elected. In 2012 many poll gave it to Mitt Romney but Obama defeated him. In Greece election, no online poll gave it to the eventual winner. Of recent, Benjamin Natayahu of Israel lost every online poll but his party came victorious at the real poll.
In 2007 Presidential election run-off in Nigeria, a USA agency sponsored poll gave it to Buhari. In 2011 Nairaland poll gave it to Buhari (it was landslide). I took my time to tell you this so that yount shout "rigging". Truth is less than 0.001% of eligible voting population in Nigeria do these online polls. The main voters that determines where the pendulum swing are the grassroot andthese are the people that Jonathan and PDP are more concerned with. These are the people that votes and are the people whose majority endorsed Goodluck Jonathan...

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by megawax8: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:
OP unfortunately, online poll has diasporans, foreigners, multiple voters, underaged, people without PVC, those with PVCs but relunctant to vote as participants. It is also restricted to those with access to the said polls. There are also those that are aware of the poll but are relunctant to vote. Meanwhile, the voting bloc are the traders, market people, artisans and people in rural areas. These people don't do e-vote. There is also the silent group that watches as things unfolds. Trust online poll @ your own risk. In the run up to USA presidential election 2004, online poll predicted victory for Jonhn Kerry but Bush was elected. In 2012 many poll gave it to Mitt Romney but Obama defeated him. In Greece election, no online poll gave it to the eventual winner. Of recent, Benjamin Natayahu of Israel lost every online poll but his party came victorious at the real poll.
In 2007 Presidential election run-off in Nigeria, a USA agency sponsored poll gave it to Buhari. In 2011 Nairaland poll gave it to Buhari (it was landslide). I took my time to tell you this so that yount shout "rigging". Truth is less than 0.001% of eligible voting population in Nigeria do these online polls. The main voters that determines where the pendulum swing are the grassroot andthese are the people that Jonathan and PDP are more concerned with. These are the people that votes and are the people whose majority endorsed Goodluck Jonathan...

well said!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by Reddit: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:

You couldn't have said it better, just like what Bibi said in the caption "The people's vote prevailed over media's bias"

Same will be said of PGEJ "The people's vote prevailed over online polls bias"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by cooljude(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:
You said my mind about the online polls

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Reddit:

You couldn't have said it better, just like what Bibi said in the caption "The people's vote prevailed over media's bias"

that's it! APC has been known to play to the gallery. They should continue in their own deceit

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by Forwetinnah: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
Reddit:

It also prevailed against The US bias...
Shame on those manipulators and how they run World politics...same shame awaits them in Nigeria's elections

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by anulaxad(m): 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:

Your ignorance will be your downfall, sixteen years of pain and darkness, and you expect Nigerians not to leave their country. It is indeed a shame, I don't know who you are, but I will tell you this if all Nigerians thought like you they certainly wouldn't be any progress.

Change is coming

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by megawax8: 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
anulaxad:

Your ignorance will be your downfall, sixteen years of pain and darkness, and you expect Nigerians not to leave their country. It is indeed a shame, I don't know who you are, but I will tell you this if all Nigerians thought like you they certainly wouldn't be any progress.

Change is coming

i'm lost........i don't understand
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by anulaxad(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
megawax8:

i'm lost........i don't understand

He is complaining that people from the diaspora are voting on online polls, why wouldn't they, most of them don't want to be stuck in a country that is not theirs, they want to see change. All the rants wont do anybody any good. He's ignorant statement should have been given thought it is indeed contradicting, as if he was too look at the main reasons of immigration from our country, I can guarantee you it won't be positive.

So let me sum it up if the government was working:
They're wont be such a large migration pattern.
Leading to the people in diaspora voting for change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by abduljabbar4(m): 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:
Have you studied biology? Please explain the sampling method used in carrying out population census.
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by megawax8: 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Have you studied biology? Please explain the sampling method used in carrying out population census.
oboy see question......barcanista come and answer o
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by debo07(m): 12:31am On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:
I just still can't believe that someone like Barcanista will someday support Jonathan.You that defended Buhari with passion.I just don't know what made you change your mind.Its a pity you gave up the fight when it is almost time for victory.Look @ you now defending cluelessness and corruption.What a pity.... Indeed there was Barcanista.....SAI BUHARI
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by megawax8: 8:07am On Mar 24, 2015
debo07:
I just still can't believe that someone like Barcanista will someday support Jonathan.You that defended Buhari with passion.I just don't know what made you change your mind.Its a pity you gave up the fight when it is almost time for victory.Look @ you now defending cluelessness and corruption.What a pity.... Indeed there was Barcanista.....SAI BUHARI
The only constant thing in life is change!
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by dexterinc2003: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2015
barcanista:

After reading your very long post,i discovered you appear to be majoring in minors.there is nowhere in the world dat online polls are simply ignored.even jona himself knows this.there is only 1 factor that makes the online polls more predictive of the eventual outcomes,the pc cardreaders.your post is synonymous to saying because bill gates and a few others dropped out of school and became billionaires,hence schooling is not a determinant of success. Jona has been his own undoing,wake up, dis is not 2011.if you have not been feeling the wind of change,at least you have been hearing it. SAI BUHARI #change gang#
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by utytill(m): 8:21am On Mar 24, 2015
And was sworn in,abi?Nonsense,abeg face front.
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by jmaine: 8:23am On Mar 24, 2015
abduljabbar4:

What has biology got to do with population census sampling methodology ?

@Thread, Please swear the murrafvcker in already . . . .He has won the 2015 election . . . . . . .Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari Defeats Jonathan In 10 Polls Conducted So Far by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 24, 2015
Wad re ya waiting for, he shld be declared d winner now undecided, banking on people wif no pvc

(1) (Reply)

How Will You Spend Election Day ? / Buhari To Visit Akwa Ibom On Apirl 7, 2015 To Receive PDP Decampees Into APC / Abdulsalami: I’m Not Trying To Stop Alison-madueke, Others’ Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.