Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Formatting A Flash Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Formatting A Flash Drive (529 Views)

A Flash Drive With 2 Terabyte Data Capacity / How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. / How Do I Recover Lost Files After Formatting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Formatting A Flash Drive by noahglad(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2015
I want to know how to format a flash drive using command prompt
Re: Formatting A Flash Drive by FRInteractives: 10:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Good day, to format a flash using command Prompt follow these simple steps:
1. Plug in the flash drive into your computer
2.On a windows machine, click on start and search for cmd right click and select run as administrator to run with administrative rights
3. Access the Diskpart utilities by typing DISKPART in the command line
4. Once its loaded type "list disk" without the quotes to view all the disks in the computer and take note of your disk/drive number
5. Now execute the following commands: (each one per line and hit enter after each line):
select disk 1(replace with your correct disk number)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format fs=NTFS QUICK
assign
exit
6. You have successfully formatted your flash drive to give a drive label, open notepad and type the following in it;
[autorun]
Label = "your label"
Icon = your preffered icon

-------------save in the flash drive as autorun.inf

Hope this helps

Regards,
FR Interactives
noahglad:
I want to know how to format a flash drive using command prompt

(1) (Reply)

Help Please,how Do I Formatt My Laptop. / Fresh Spamming Tools Ready. / Pls Advice On Dis Lappi Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.