Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive (6798 Views)

I Need To Convert This Mercedes Benz C200 To A Left Hand Drive / Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting / Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by MusaDanladi1: 6:39am On Dec 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

one of my first inspections... Happy to hear it's still running fine
Oga GAZZUZZ is there any upcoming project like the 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid? I really enjoyed following that thread bumper to bumper and also your expertise and finesse towards the job grin
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Dec 11, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Oga GAZZUZZ is there any upcoming project like the 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid? I really enjoyed following that thread bumper to bumper and also your expertise and finesse towards the job grin

I really don't plan these things, but let's see how it goes, if I find a vehicle worthy restoration we go there

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by BamBamK: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
infinity m35 nko??

eddee
edee

GAZZUZZ:

I really don't plan these things, but let's see how it goes, if I find a vehicle worthy restoration we go there
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
BamBamK:
infinity m35 nko??

eddee
edee

Thanks chief, however - Infiniti M35 is very close to been sold. In short, installment payment recieved and fully processed.

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by BamBamK: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
choi.... em G35 day quite appealing sha....

Eddee:

Thanks chief, however - Infiniti M35 is very close to been sold. In short, installment payment recieved and fully processed.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
BamBamK:
choi.... em G35 day quite appealing sha....

Baba, I'm phasing out problems in the form of infiniti and Mercedes from my life this year.

M35 has been sold at a loss (understandably why) although my cousin dey hold my balance based on say OBD2 port no gree connect - dem wan test fuses/relays and other kazeem extensions before him wire balance.

Couldn't sell the E Class at a good enough rate so my younger brother has taken full ownership (if he has small sense, he'll find a way to sell it after Christmas and buy a Civic or City).

Thanks to oluwaseunla and diportivo I'm currently roaming around with a corolla that gives zero worries and runs for 2 weeks on a full tank.

2 Likes

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by BamBamK: 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
hehehehehheheehheheehe.............. na luxurious rides na.... not for d faint hearted....

d class n opulence they exude is one reason so many chase after em.

or no be wetin attract u to em b da??

Eddee:

Baba, I'm phasing out problems in the form of infiniti and Mercedes from my life this year.

M35 has been sold at a loss (understandably why) although my cousin dey hold my balance based on say OBD2 port no gree connect - dem wan test fuses/relays and other kazeem extensions before him wire balance.

Couldn't sell the E Class at a good enough rate so my younger brother has taken full ownership (if he has small sense, he'll find a way to sell it after Christmas and buy a Civic or City).

Thanks to oluwaseunla and diportivo I'm currently roaming around with a corolla that gives zero worries and runs for 2 weeks on a full tank.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by diportivo: 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

this corolla looks very familiar o grin wink
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
diportivo:

this corolla looks very familiar o grin wink

Man wer sabi

BamBamK:
hehehehehheheehheheehe.............. na luxurious rides na.... not for d faint hearted....

d class n opulence they exude is one reason so many chase after em.

or no be wetin attract u to em b da??

I was misguided and very young. Not anymore for Local man has paid the ultimate price in kazeem currency.

2 Likes

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by BamBamK: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

Man wer sabi

I was misguided and very young. Not anymore for Local man has paid the ultimate price in kazeem currency.

heheeheheheehhehe....... ds one weak me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by 9icetoo(m): 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

Welcome to the Japanese shitboxes club. Peace of mind reigns supreme here. grin
Now for your next car, get an is350 or gs350. You can't go wrong with any of these and you'd kick arse all day long with those.

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by dannybrasky(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

You don port oh!!!!
Team Benz right now after losing Eddee to Japanese shitbox grin

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

Jesu! What did I just read shocked shocked apostle must hear of this.....

Heavenlybang come o!!

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
[b][/b]

Heavenlybang come o!!

I'm as shocked as you are. shocked shocked
Eddee in a Corolla, you love to see it. grin

We dey wait our 5.7L Hemi tho, so all good.

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

You don port oh!!!!
Team Benz right now after losing Eddee to Japanese shitbox grin

My brother I don suffer abeg no be small. E get time wer i dey change Autokaf/Tibao fuel pumps and filters every 2 months until i close eye order OEM VDO one time.

Make I no even mention 4matic Wheel sensors - that nonsense can shut down ABS, ESP, Cruise Control and even your power steering sef, unless you be person wer no dey do long distance travel. You will need to get OEM Bosch/Hella.
The genuine ones from Mercedes will send you back to the village.

HeavenlyBang:

HeavenlyBang:

My brother find a way and get you a corolla/Sunny/Civic as a daily driver - you'll testify of the goodness of fuel economy. For a car that basically makes me no money, it sure takes a lot in the form of fueling. It takes between 11,300-11,700 to fill that 80 ltrs of the Merc. Never filled the M35, but it easily takes 10k fuel and deep down i know it will take some more. My brother I bought 7k fuel for that corolla last week Monday, i still have close to a quarter tank. City hustling movements never change. (I'll require almost twice that for the Merc or M35).

GAZZUZZ:
[b][/b]

Heavenly.bang come o!!

Baba, abeg I don tire to dey call una every month for troubleshooting. The true position is I drove my Benz, the way it was designed not as a city bird but what in real sense it is supposed to be. Averaged 900-1000km weekly highway and 150-200 within the city sometimes in that same week. So it actually opened me up to recurring repairs on wear and tear items like alternators, BCMs, coolant hoses and a lot other nonsense - my kazeem could actually predict what will break next. I made up my mind to dispose of it, the day I called you for tyre size alternatives i could use, after not finding the exact match. Lost two tyres due to Buhari's Federal roads, in one day - was so frustrated at the car and the fact that I couldn't find 18" tyres where I was stranded.

2 Likes

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

My brother I don suffer abeg no be small. E get time wer i dey change Autokaf/Tibao fuel pumps and filters every 2 months until i close eye order OEM VDO one time.

Make I no even mention 4matic Wheel sensors - that nonsense can shut down ABS, ESP, Cruise Control and even your power steering sef, unless you be person wer no dey do long distance travel. You will need to get OEM Bosch/Hella.
The genuine ones from Mercedes will send you back to the village.

My brother find a way and get you a corolla/Sunny/Civic as a daily driver - you'll testify of the goodness of fuel economy. For a car that basically makes me no money, it sure takes a lot in the form of fueling. It takes between 11,300-11,700 to fill that 80 ltrs of the Merc. Never filled the M35, but it easily takes 10k fuel and deep down i know it will take some more. My brother I bought 7k fuel for that corolla last week Monday, i still have close to a quarter tank. City hustling movements never change. (I'll require almost twice that for the Merc or M35).

Baba, abeg I don tire to dey call una every month for troubleshooting. The true position is I drove my Benz, the way it was designed not as a city bird but what in real sense it is supposed to be. Averaged 900-1000km weekly highway and 150-200 within the city sometimes in that same week. So it actually opened me up to recurring repairs on wear and tear items like alternators, BCMs, coolant hoses and a lot other nonsense - my kazeem could actually predict what will break next. I made up my mind to dispose of it, the day I called you for tyre size alternatives i could use, after not finding the exact match. Lost two tyres due to Buhari's Federal roads, in one day - was so frustrated at the car and the fact that I couldn't find 18" tyres where I was stranded.

This is the part of luxury German ownership most of the crowd won't admit tho. Though I guess the fact that the car was getting on in age was a factor too.

Get one guy for Instagram wey dey always argue say all cars dey equally reliable. Lmao.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

This is the part of luxury German ownership most of the crowd won't admit tho. Though I guess the fact that the car was getting on in age was a factor too.

Get one guy for Instagram wey dey always argue say all cars dey equally reliable. Lmao.

Which oyinbo G go sell luxury car wer him never rock well unless na repo?

I've seen so much false reliability ratings being dished out by so many guys on NL who own Mercs that have very little electronics in them. Do you know that an alternator issue on a Benz is not very easy to detect in its early stage? It has to fail before STAR will be sure its an alternator, Battery control module or the Battery itself, if you're unlucky as I was - there's an auxiliary battery too. (although I kazeem that one with motorcycle battery, story for another day).

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by dannybrasky(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

Which oyinbo G go sell luxury car wer him never rock well unless na repo?

I've seen so much false reliability ratings being dished out by so many guys on NL who own Mercs that have very little electronics in them. Do you know that an alternator issue on a Benz is not very easy to detect in its early stage? It has to fail before STAR will be sure its an alternator, Battery control module or the Battery itself, if you're unlucky as I was - there's an auxiliary battery too. (although I kazeem that one with motorcycle battery, story for another day).
Sad but true,among all the cars i have brought in for sale,Benz has been the one i have to put in more money in fixing one or 2 issues.
Change brake pads,you have to change the brake pad sensors,you if don't buy am OEM linkage it will snap when you hit a Port hole or on a rough road. With many many miscellaneous speading i can't account for. Yes i sell them,its a smooth car to drive,just make sure you won't mind coughing out money when the need arises.

2 Likes

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

Sad but true,among all the cars i have brought in for sale,Benz has been the one i have to put in more money in fixing one or 2 issues.
Change brake pads,you have to change the brake pad sensors,you if don't buy am OEM linkage it will snap when you hit a Port hole or on a rough road. With many many miscellaneous speading i can't account for. Yes i sell them,its a smooth car to drive,just make sure you won't mind coughing out money when the need arises.

Most persons don't know that if you don't change the brake pad with the brake pad sensors - the annoying "brake wear and tear" and "service brakes" message will never leave your dash. In short na matter of time before e disable ESP and ABS.

Very useless engineering, i no wan mention TPMS sef, small things like this should not stop us Nigerians from enjoying our car, some of us can live comfortably with the SRS light on.

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by mammanbawa: 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
We've lost Eddee
So long bro

3 Likes

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
mammanbawa:
We've lost Eddee
So long bro

Big man, even you sef go advise me to leave. I remember the day I called you when I had that shifter cable or na Transmission Range wahala some 8-9 months ago? Can you remind me what the issue was exactly? I've paid my dues, time to rest. Airtime to call people no go dey next year

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by dannybrasky(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

Most persons don't know that if you don't change the brake pad with the brake pad sensors - the annoying "brake wear and tear" and "service brakes" message will never leave your dash. In short na matter of time before e disable ESP and ABS.

Very useless engineering, i no wan mention TPMS sef, small things like this should not stop us Nigerians from enjoying our car, some of us can live comfortably with the SRS light on.

Chai!! Very very annoying something!! All the Benz I have bought have that SRS MALFUNCTION nonsense!! Funny enough the first Benz I bought the yeye kazeem that wanted to clear the brake pad wear rubbish made me buy 4 different brake pads in 4 days. we change brake pads so tee the stupid writing kept popping on the instrument cluster!!
Not until i checked Google for solution ( brakepad sensor) na me go buy sensor still show kazeem how to change am grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by thebigkendo(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Speed777 grin grin

That kind talk make me unfollow am

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by NobleEngineer(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Corolla is good!
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by thebigkendo(m): 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

Chai!! Very very annoying something!! All the Benz I have bought have that SRS MALFUNCTION nonsense!! Funny enough the first Benz I bought the yeye kazeem that wanted to clear the brake pad wear rubbish made me buy 4 different brake pads in 4 days. we change brake pads so tee the stupid writing kept popping on the instrument cluster!!
Not until i checked Google for solution ( brakepad sensor) na me go buy sensor still show kazeem how to change am grin grin grin grin

Bolded is very common with Benz and ovloV - SRS Airbag service urgent

I guess it's the over engineering.. expecially in the safety

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by dannybrasky(m): 8:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

Bolded is very common with Benz and ovloV - SRS Airbag service urgent

I guess it's the over engineering.. expecially in the safety

One client bought a Benz from me,he complained about the SRS light,I told him no biggie, I'll clear it with a scanner,but baba i was wrong!!

We used the most sophisticated scanner you can think of,YouTube,Benz forum,check airbag wiring,seat belt buckle!! Nothing could fix this nonsense. Car owner was just irritated seeing the SRS nonsense,he left car in my custody for 3 days,still i couldn't get it off. Both kazeems and qualified mechanics couldn't help. Had to return the car like that,Owner no dey talk to me anymore because of the SRS matter grin
And i no won use black masking tape cover am as one kazeem did for someone here grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

Speed777 grin grin

That kind talk make me unfollow am

You sabi am. Me and am dey always quarrel. grin
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by thebigkendo(m): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

One client bought a Benz from me,he complained about the SRS light,I told him no biggie, I'll clear it with a scanner,but baba i was wrong!!

We used the most sophisticated scanner you can think of,YouTube,Benz forum,check airbag wiring,seat belt buckle!! Nothing could fix this nonsense. Car owner was just irritated seeing the SRS nonsense,he left car in my custody for 3 days,still i couldn't get it off. Both kazeems and qualified mechanics couldn't help. Had to return the car like that,Owner no dey talk to me anymore because of the SRS matter grin
And i no won use black masking tape cover am as one kazeem did for someone here thebigkendo grin grin grin

Fixed tongue tongue
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by dannybrasky(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

Fixed tongue tongue
Danm!! Na you? grin crazy kazeem!!

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by mammanbawa: 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
Eddee:

Big man, even you sef go advise me to leave. I remember the day I called you when I had that shifter cable or na Transmission Range wahala some 8-9 months ago? Can you remind me what the issue was exactly? I've paid my dues, time to rest. Airtime to call people no go dey next year
It was a shifter issue
Oh boy that car show you pepper o

1 Like

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by thebigkendo(m): 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

Danm!! Na you? grin crazy kazeem!!

SRS and check engine light Naim dem do me.. Base on novice that year grin grin

Now I have a Bluetooth scanner permanently plugged in.. Anytime I notice change in performance.. Scanning straight grin
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by diportivo: 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

SRS and check engine light Naim dem do me.. Base on novice that year grin grin

Now I have a Bluetooth scanner permanently plugged in.. Anytime I notice change in performance.. Scanning straight grin

no wonder black tape don finish for .market undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Change Your Car’s Spark Plugs / Vehicle Reistration & Papers Renewal Made Easy / What's The Difference Between Camry 03,04, And 05

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.