Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive (6776 Views)

I Need To Convert This Mercedes Benz C200 To A Left Hand Drive / Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting / Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by dicksonadams(m): 2:56am On Dec 12, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by dannybrasky(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2019
thebigkendo:

SRS and check engine light Naim dem do me.. Base on novice that year grin grin

Now I have a Bluetooth scanner permanently plugged in.. Anytime I notice change in performance.. Scanning straight grin
Too much sense.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 12, 2019
thebigkendo:

SRS and check engine light Naim dem do me.. Base on novice that year grin grin

Now I have a Bluetooth scanner permanently plugged in.. Anytime I notice change in performance.. Scanning straight grin

What kind of troublesome car do you own?
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Eddee(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
Smartchoiice:

What kind of troublesome car do you own?

Add the Honda/Acura and you'll feel for my guy cheesy
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
Eddee:

Add the Honda/Acura and you'll feel for my guy cheesy
See suffer
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Majesty08: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
I wanted to buy one but peole are advising me against buying converted peugeot 206, am happy i read this bro
simplex2:
Hey incase you are wondering, this is almost 5yrs down the line and I am still driving the converted Peugeot 206.

The conversion was done, not by a pro but it has been serving me. No issues that could be traced directly to the conversion. Car has really, really served me. Got it when mileage was around 80,000 miles; I have done 119,000 with it already, still counting.

May upload pix later.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Ekakamba: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2020
Majesty08:
I wanted to buy one but peole are advising me against buying converted peugeot 206, am happy i read this bro
Be careful with the autos.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 05, 2020
Eddee:

My brother I don suffer abeg no be small. E get time wer i dey change Autokaf/Tibao fuel pumps and filters every 2 months until i close eye order OEM VDO one time.

Make I no even mention 4matic Wheel sensors - that nonsense can shut down ABS, ESP, Cruise Control and even your power steering sef, unless you be person wer no dey do long distance travel. You will need to get OEM Bosch/Hella.
The genuine ones from Mercedes will send you back to the village.

My brother find a way and get you a corolla/Sunny/Civic as a daily driver - you'll testify of the goodness of fuel economy. For a car that basically makes me no money, it sure takes a lot in the form of fueling. It takes between 11,300-11,700 to fill that 80 ltrs of the Merc. Never filled the M35, but it easily takes 10k fuel and deep down i know it will take some more. My brother I bought 7k fuel for that corolla last week Monday, i still have close to a quarter tank. City hustling movements never change. (I'll require almost twice that for the Merc or M35).

Baba, abeg I don tire to dey call una every month for troubleshooting. The true position is I drove my Benz, the way it was designed not as a city bird but what in real sense it is supposed to be. Averaged 900-1000km weekly highway and 150-200 within the city sometimes in that same week. So it actually opened me up to recurring repairs on wear and tear items like alternators, BCMs, coolant hoses and a lot other nonsense - my kazeem could actually predict what will break next. I made up my mind to dispose of it, the day I called you for tyre size alternatives i could use, after not finding the exact match. Lost two tyres due to Buhari's Federal roads, in one day - was so frustrated at the car and the fact that I couldn't find 18" tyres where I was stranded.
Funny.... Throughout 2019 I can't remember spending up to 20,000 naira on repairs. There's a reason I refused to upgrade to the w211 even at giveaway prices... Chrysler. Your issues are even still minimal.... At least you didn't encounter the dreaded SBC brakes issue... Sir abuse or no abuse I'll take the w210 over the 211 anytime anyday especially the 01/02 models.
Enjoy the Corolla... I use my full tank for 2 weeks daily driving too... That's on the m112 engine as silent as air. I don't need to preach the gospel of power to you.... cheesy
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Majesty08: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2020
Ekakamba:

Be careful with the autos.

Ok, if i got you well you mean i can go ahead and buy but i should be better off with manual tyranny!
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by simplex2: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Majesty08:

Ok, if i got you well you mean i can go ahead and buy but i should be better off with manual tyranny!

I think so. Mine is manual so the technician did not touch the gear system at all.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by pug4eva: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hi,
Just wondering what was involved in the conversion? Did you source a new dashboard/airbag? What other parts were needed? Please provide as much info as possible

Thanks

simplex2:
Hey incase you are wondering, this is almost 5yrs down the line and I am still driving the converted Peugeot 206.

The conversion was done, not by a pro but it has been serving me. No issues that could be traced directly to the conversion. Car has really, really served me. Got it when mileage was around 80,000 miles; I have done 119,000 with it already, still counting.

May upload pix later.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Iamemblem(m): 7:09am On Jan 18, 2021
Am serious searching for a clean 206 (2003-2006). Any assistance in getting a non faulty would highly be appreciated.

simplex2:

I think so. Mine is manual so the technician did not touch the gear system at all.
Re: Advise On Peageot 206 Right Hand Drive by Elsueno: 6:38am On Jan 19, 2021
People fear converted cars because it's done by shitty guys who cut corners. but that also has to do with the owners sometimes, They want it cheap grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This The Ugliest G-wagon G550 / What's The Difference Between Camry 03,04, And 05 / 10 Tips To Keep Your Car Safe From Break-ins And Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.