Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT (5744 Views)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test / Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Nairalanda(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hi guys,
The last Nigeria Immigration Recruitment was paper based and the story of what happened after the recruitment exercise we all know. It is no longer news that the another test will soon come up. The difference is just that it will be a Computer Based Test (CBT). CBT is not something new among Nigerian students nowadays because of its use for different kinds of exams such as JAMB and Post-UME. The format for those who don't know what CBT exams are is that you will be provided a computer to do the test instead of the regular paper and pencil type. You will follow a series of questions on the computer from which you select the correct options from. The worry for any student is often to not get into the examination hall to see the nature of an examination for the first time. To pass the CBT examination, you can follow the following steps.

[1] Get used to computers.
If you don't have your own computer, you will be advised to visit a cafe and get used to the mouse, keyboard and the monitors. If you are the type that browse the internet using phone only, this will be strongly advised. Doing this will give you the confidence to doing exam with a computer.

[2] Check the Immigration website
The immigration website will serve as a reference for you to know the history and news about them. They will have different information that will not only help you for the examination but will also get you to know if it is a place you would actually like to make a career.

[3] Get used to Current News
Most of the CBT examinations will test your current affairs. If you have watched the Who Wants To be a Millionaire TV shows, you will see that you can't read for a current affair exam. However, paying a little more attention to what is going on around you, you would stand a better chance.
[4] Practise few Math Questions
It is very common to have some aptitude tests in recruitment examinations. If you can do aptitude tests and pass within a short time, it shows you are a smart person that can take decisions within a short time, and that perhaps why they include them. You may not be a genius but practising lots of Aptitude test questions, regardless of the examination you are preparing for, you stand a good chance to do better when you see a new set of questions.

[5] Practise timing yourself with CBT questions
You may read every part of the Immigration site but if you don't get test, you never can tell what you have retained. [url]Pass1Time.com[/url] is a platform developed by some Nigerian Lecturers and available for anyone preparing for CBT exams. It will be recommended that you try all the immigration tests as well as other exams there. It will give you your scores and the correct answers at the end. Don't deceive yourself though by checking answers first.

If you think this post was useful, please share and or like smiley
Actually, I’m an overnight success. But it took twenty years. — Monty Hall.

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by busuyem: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
Kudos!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
This is good. It deserve fp.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by emmy4lov(m): 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Thanks alote
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by prelinctus: 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nice one, Op. The topic should be 'how to prepare...' not 'how to pass...' though. All you listed won't guarantee success in CBT.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by babareketaiwo(f): 12:00am On Mar 26, 2015
They have their own set of obj questions. Get them and practice them. I think I have only their English Quesn and answers. If you needed it just make ur request via taiwo@doctor.com
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Yeahreen(m): 7:42am On Mar 26, 2015
Patiently Waiting For The Exam grin
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by uchebest2006(m): 8:03am On Mar 26, 2015
Some pipo will not even bother to write the CBT,yet they are sure of the Job.Your contacts nd connection matters alot!!!
God help Nigerians!!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2015
The real question or i no believe this am sure you saw the last question.it was a jargon no maths or current affairs
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Ikemary(f): 10:15am On Mar 26, 2015
Pls i need d NIS past questions on CBT test,this is my email address:ikemary680@gmail.com
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by babareketaiwo(f): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2015
NIGERIA IMMIGRATION APTITUDE TEST / EXAM PAST QUESTION PAPERS AND ANSWERS – ENGLISH LANGUAGE

ENGLISH LANGUAGE (50 Questions)

Choose the word nearest to the word in bold
Qtn 1: After many years of struggle as a trader, he struck gold
Options:
(a) Became quite rich
(b) Won a big contract
(c) he became a gold miner
(d) became a goldsmith

Answer: A

Qtn 2: One significant character of the jet age is that it encourages people to cut corners
Options:
(a) Not to face all problems
(b) to want to become rich quickly
(c) to want to avoid unnecessary hardships
(d) forfeit the opportunity of further education.
Answer: B

Qtn3: The lady who won the beauty contest had a good gait
Options:
(a) Stature
(b) figure
(c) elegance
(d) carriage

Qtn 4: It would need a high flyer to make a first class degree in the university
Options:
(a) A smart performer
(b) an outright genius
(c) an outstanding scholar
(d) an unmitigated swat
Answer: D

Qtn 5: What you will find in the book is a bird’s eye view of the subject
Options:
(a) A detailed account
(b) a balanced account
(c) a biased treatment
(d) a general survey

Qtn 6: Hers was a chequered career
Options:
(a) An interesting and successful career
(b) a career full of sorrow and tears
(c) a bright and memorable career
(d) a career full of ups and downs

Qtn 7: If experience is anything to go by, this action will prove a political mine field
Options:
(a) A source of political benefits
(a) a way out of political trouble
(c) a cause for political joy
(d) an invitation to political problems.

Qtn 8: In my view, the play didn’t come off

Options:
(a) Succeed
(b) fail
(c) attract applause
(d) take place

Qtn 9: When the chips are down, we will know those who have the courage to stand
Options:
(a) when we get to a crisis point
(b) in the final analysis
(c) when the blocks are lowered
(d) when we get to the end of the road

Qtn 10: She said boxing is, in fact her pet aversion
Options:
(a) something she likes very much
(b) something she dislikes very much
(c) a hobby she loves to pursue (d) one thing she can’t miss

Qtn 11: The gate man does his work perfunctory
Options:
(a) without commitment
(b) with speed
(c) mother’s pet
(d) father’s pet

Qtn 12: Members of the panel were working at cross-purposes
Options:
(a) harmony
(b) in disunity
(c) for selfish purposes
(d) stretch

Qtn 13: The young man who distributed political pamphlets on campus was promptly repudiated
Options:
(a) disowned
(b) arrested
(c) warned
(d) killed

Qtn 14: Adayi is a die-hard criminal
Options:
(a) hard to kill
(b) hard to arrest
(c) remorseless
(d) resentless

Fill each gap with most appropriate option from the list following the gap
Qtn 15: In moments of serious economic hardship, many people are ______ to turn to God.
Options:
(a) Concerned
(b) inclined
(c) disposed
(d) propensed
Answer: C

Qtn 16: We cannot all wear expensive shoe in situation of __________
Options:
(a) Diverent demand and supply
(b) uneven wear and tear
(c) different purchasing power
(d) unpredictable national income

Qtn 17: The centre – forward was _____________ consequently the goal was not allowed

Options:
(a) In an offside position
(b) very well positioned
(c) brilliant player
(d) the captain of the team

Qtn 18: AIDS is ____ disease that kills slowly but surely
Options:
(a) Too much a deadly
(b) Very deadly a
(c) so deadly
(d) such deadly a

Qtn19: We had a dull evening because __________
Options:
(a) Hardly the talk had begun when the lights went off
(b) hardly had the talk begun when the light went off
(c) the talk had hardly begun when the light had gone out
(d) the lights had hardly gone out when the talk began

Qtn 20: Soyinka’s masterful ___________ of the atmosphere of his childhood helped to make his book, Ake, an outright success
Options:
(a) Evocation
(b) invocation
(c) convocation
(d) revocation

Qtn 21: Students will always blame their teachers when examination results are unfavourable
Options:
(a) Won’t they
(b) wouldn’t they
(c) isn’t it
(d) cant they

Qtn 22: Okonkwo is a stubborn man; he will never ________ his words
Options:
(a) Chew
(b) spit
(c) eat
(d) bite

Qtn 23: Kindly _____ me your book because my friend has ____ mine
Options:
(a) Borrow / borrowed
(b) borrow /rent
(c) lend / lent
(d) lend/borrowed

Qtn 24: Three quarters of the church ________ painted by members the previous day
Options:
(a) Were
(b) was
(c) is
(d) are

Qtn 25: The young boys have been caught with parts of the stolen machine but _______admitted stealing it
Options:
(a) Neither of them has
(b) neither of them have
(c) none of them has
(d) none of them have.

Qtn 26: Watching carefully, I could see the fish______ along the bottom
Options:
(a) Dotting
(b) crawling
(c) diving
(d) darting

Qtn 27: Emeka is now a _____ student but it took him years to ______
Options:
(a) Matured/mature
(b) mature/mature
(c)mature/matured
(d) matured/matured

Qtn 28: The rebels will soon fight back. We have been informed ______ their _________

Options:
(a) Of/predicament
(b) about/ indulgence
(c) on/rearmament
(d) as for/advancement

Qtn 29: Ali was honest and quite as a school boy but too much drinking has now changed his
______ and _____ his tongue

Options:
(a) Temperature/injured
(b)character/tightened
(c) temperament/loosened
(d) innocence/worsened

Qtn 30: The hospital was closed _________ because there were no beds to put patients ________
Options:
(a) Again/upon
(b) off/on
(c) down/at
(d) up/in

Qtn 31: The judge with his son _________ travelling to Lagos now
Options:
(a) Were
(b) shall
(c) is
(d) are

Qtn 32: A university teacher is an _____

Options:
(a) Academic
(b) academics
(c) academician
(d) academia

Qtn 33: The adventurers ran into many ________ in the forest
Options:
(a) Dear
(b) dears
(c) deers
(d) deer

Qtn 34: The argument between the tow neighbous degenerated into __
Options:
(a) A free-for all
(b) a free for all fight
(c) a flee for all
(d) a free fight

Qtn 35: The class _____ more girls than boys this session
(a) Comprise of (b) comprises of (c) comprise (d) comprises

Qtn 36: The tourist bought __________
Options:
(a) A brown, small, Nigerian earthen pot
(b) a small, brown Nigerian earthen pot
(c) an earthen, brown, small Nigerian pot
(d) a Nigerian small brown earthen

Qtn 37: I have already ____ the picture on the sitting-room wall
Options:
(a) Hanged
(b) hunged
(c) hang
(d) hung

Qtn 38: Most of us will attend the conference ____ at Ibadan later this year
Options:
(a) Holding
(b) held
(c) being held
(d) to hold

Qtn 39: I shall work hard so that I can ________ a distinction in English
Options:
(a) Secure
(b) make
(c) receive
(d) grab

Qtn 40: The baby was rather _______ than I could bear
Options:
(a) Much more troublesome
(b) much too troublesome
(c) so much troublesome
(d) very much troublesome

Qtn 41: Students were forbidden ______ secret society
Options:
(a) From joining
(b) in joining
(c) to join
(d) on joining

Qtn 42: Of course, we all saw the culprit _______ and hit the man on the head
Options:
(a) Approached
(b) Approaching
(c) Approach
(d) Approaches

Qtn 43: A child that shows mature characteristics at any early age may be described as

Options:
(a) Preconceived
(b) premature
(c) ingenuous
(d) precocious

Qtn 44: The company Director showed the contractor a _____ of the proposed office complex
Options:
(a) Prototype
(b) photograph
(c) microfilm
(d) photocopy

Qtn 45: _______ you come early to the new house, clean up my flat
Options:
(a) While
(b) by chance
(c) should
(d) should in case

Qtn 46: This imposing edifice _______ a fortune to build

Options:
(a) Had costed
(b) have cost
(c) costed
(d) cost

Qtn 47: They let him go in ________ to his age
Options:
(a) Respect
(b) regard
(c) disregard
(d) consideration

Qtn 48: Some scientists are trying to _____ human beings in their laboratories
Options:
(a) Imitate
(b) replicate
(c) implicate
(d) fabricate

Qtn 49: He does not seem to know how to solve the problem _______

Options:
(a) Does not he
(b) does he not
(c) does he
(d) doesn’t he?

Qtn 50: These villagers _______ to grow rice
Options:
(a) Used
(b) are used
(c) were used
(d) use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by ladyJ22(f): 11:20am On Mar 26, 2015
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Uchwilliam(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
merciemac:

Sorry to say but most of the answers u gave above are not correct.
All d answers are correct.it shows u r nt good in english
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by cirry: 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
babareketaiwo:
They have their own set of obj questions. Get them and practice them. I think I have only their English Quesn and answers. If you needed it just make ur request via taiwo@doctor.com
pls help ur brother my mail is benjasoji_30@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by merciemac(f): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Uchwilliam:

OK. No. 26 is one of the many wrong answers.
Fishes don't DIVE along......
Fishes DART along.......

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by babareketaiwo(f): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
Please correct those that are not correct
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by chybyke4ly(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
plz sir,truth b said,dia r a handful of ur ansas dat r incorect.i sugest u review dm,sir.fnx 4ur undstndn.13,14,etc
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Bola4mi(f): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2015
Thanks for this
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by krasican(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
Uchwilliam:

check very well even ur last sentence "good in"
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by roughdiamond(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
CBT wont be a big deal to me.Been writting CBT exams in school
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by peddy231(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
I'm in agreement with the posters that said some of the answers are incorrect.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by heatmeup(f): 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
deejayz:

Please, I hope you're not trying to sell past questions you saw for free on the internet. You should share the link and let others enjoy what you stumbled upon.

Here, http://www.ngscholars.com/2014/03/nigeria-immigration-aptitude-test-past-questions-answers-format/ all the questions are available here but the answers are not all correct but we can know what to expect.
GOD bless you. Nigerians always looking for ways to milk peeps dry
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by emmysoftyou: 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Am inside the train...

About to board a bus..

Hmm,una plenty ooo..

Chai,see them,wow...

Anyway the world na competition..

But no retreat,no surrender..

Op...

Ayam follllllllowwwing.....cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Philadelphia: 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
But wait o, how much does NIS pay graduate level 08 ie CONPASS 08 ? Also, are all employees supposed to be in uniforms?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Recruitment: How To Pass The CBT by Philadelphia: 4:34am On Apr 03, 2015
And the long awaited list is out. I just thank God. God is good.

(1) (Reply)

Npower Just Paid Me 11/01/2017 / Daewoo Nigeria Oil & Gas Job Vacancies (19 Positions) / Vacancy For Young Nurses-abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.