Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:59 PM

Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est (3033 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
discussion thread for https://www.nairaland.com/2207758/ubi-caritas-et-amor-deus

I've realised that a lot of people would like to discuss some issues I raise on it and don't have a platform to do so, so this will just be a medium to freely do so without derailing other threads searching for me so that they can raise their opinions.

I humbly ask to leave me here, its a foreigner's affair.

cc Brymo.
Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Brymo: you don't look lk a mum. The first intimate book I read was 'FLORA' it was an xperience, I wasn't really addicted so I easily dropped it.
Heya, its been a while.

I read quite a few to get me hooked and once I was hooked it was hard for me to let go. It was an addiction which as I said only took God's Grace to completely get rid of.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 27, 2015
Wow, I'm dazed shocked
Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by TheSonOfMark(m): 4:31am On Mar 27, 2015
I'm keeping tabs on this thread. For minutes on end I was cocooned by the directness of the words I read in your diary.
Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by Brymo: 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
amen. Love seeks one thing only: the good of
the one loved. It leaves all the other
secondary effects to take care of
themselves. Love, therefore, is its own
reward. Love ya, plenty.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by Brymo: 8:02am On Mar 28, 2015
I shuld have written a poem for you, but I'm a bit rusty. Anyways HBD.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2015
Brymo:
I shuld have written a poem for you, but I'm a bit rusty. Anyways HBD.
Its the thought that counts ma'am, thanks.
Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 28, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Its the thought that counts ma'am, thanks.

A very happy birthday kiss
Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Dimples192:

A very happy birthday kiss

a humble thank you form yours truly....smiley
Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by goldmine(f): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
Very interesting diary, HumbledbYGrace. Amazing transformation. Hope you continue to update the diary. It's been so long you did. What does ubi-caritas-et-amor-deus mean?

1 Like

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
goldmine:
Very interesting diary, HumbledbYGrace. Amazing transformation. Hope you continue to update the diary. It's been so long you did. What does ubi-caritas-et-amor-deus mean?
Thanks ma'am, your moniker indeed means who you really are, see the precious gems you produced?

Congratulations once again on your double addition to the family, hope your laughing and coughing in style? Speedy recovery. I showed everyone at home your bundle of blessings and they can't wait here too.

I'll upadate when I travl back home soon, been suffering from writers block and always too lazy to type. But soon I will try.

Ubi Caritas et Amor Deus ibi est in full, Nairaland cut it and almost erased tthe meaning. It means 'where there is love/kindness and charity God is there.'

2 Likes

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by goldmine(f): 12:44am On Nov 28, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Thanks ma'am, your moniker indeed means who you really are, see the precious gems you produced?

Congratulations once again on your double addition to the family, hope your laughing and coughing in style? Speedy recovery. I showed everyone at home your bundle of blessings and they can't wait here too.

I'll upadate when I travl back home soon, been suffering from writers block and always too lazy to type. But soon I will try.

Ubi Caritas et Amor Deus ibi est in full, Nairaland cut it and almost erased tthe meaning. It means 'where there is love/kindness and charity God is there.'

Oh. Thanks dear. Really laughing and coughing with style. Love the meaning. Is it Spanish or Italian? I look forward to reading more from you. I'll be patient though. Been meaning to ask, how did you grow in your christian faith? Been too stagnant for long. I really admire your progress.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2015
goldmine:

Oh. Thanks dear. Really laughing and coughing with style. Love the meaning. Is it Spanish or Italian? I look forward to reading more from you. I'll be patient though. Been meaning to ask, how did you grow in your christian faith? Been too stagnant for long. I really admire your progress.
Its Latin.

Please be patient, these people are toying with my emotions I can't tell right from wrong sometimes. HORMONES!!!!

I was born in a christian home as if that would make a difference but one thing I've realized since 2012 is that growing up in a christian and knowing Christ and the bible are two different things. I would ask myself why were we living in conditions other christians weren't, why we lacked financially and in certain spiritual areas as well. The truth hit me as I started studying the bible, my family represented the israelites, God's chosen nation and all but once we let, especially mom because we all looked up to her, let the circumstances of this life weigh her down things really fell apart. So I can say I've been stagnant since then, even knowing the truth I was still on ground zero, a babe spiritually. I was invited to Christ Embassy by a close friend, truth be told its after listening to Pastor Chris teachings that I just decided it was time I woke up from my slumber.

His teachings are instilled with the truth that most people aren't looking for, and let me not forget the daily devotional; Rhapsody of Realities. There I found out that most situations we face everyday, they have already been dealt with by Christ on the cross. John 3:16, He came so we can have life and have it in abundance, triumphantly, in fulfillment and just to enjoy it. That life is to bring us joy not grief because in 2 Chronicles 7: 14 God said; “If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes shall be open, and my ears attentive, to the prayer that is made in this place.”

Which place if its not your sacred place at home that you've dedicated to prayers, one thing is you can't be stagnant if you have a tight relationship with God. And prayer/studying of the word brings us closer to him day by day.

Ps, get war room in december 22nd onwards if you haven't seen it already because I know you can't go to the cinema now or if possible download it. Trust me your faith will be renewed.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by goldmine(f): 3:08am On Nov 29, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Its Latin.

Please be patient, these people are toying with my emotions I can't tell right from wrong sometimes. HORMONES!!!!

I was born in a christian home as if that would make a difference but one thing I've realized since 2012 is that growing up in a christian and knowing Christ and the bible are two different things. I would ask myself why were we living in conditions other christians weren't, why we lacked financially and in certain spiritual areas as well. The truth hit me as I started studying the bible, my family represented the israelites, God's chosen nation and all but once we let, especially mom because we all looked up to her, let the circumstances of this life weigh her down things really fell apart. So I can say I've been stagnant since then, even knowing the truth I was still on ground zero, a babe spiritually. I was invited to Christ Embassy by a close friend, truth be told its after listening to Pastor Chris teachings that I just decided it was time I woke up from my slumber.

His teachings are instilled with the truth that most people aren't looking for, and let me not forget the daily devotional; Rhapsody of Realities. There I found out that most situations we face everyday, they have already been dealt with by Christ on the cross. John 3:16, He came so we can have life and have it in abundance, triumphantly, in fulfillment and just to enjoy it. That life is to bring us joy not grief because in 2 Chronicles 7: 14 God said; “If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes shall be open, and my ears attentive, to the prayer that is made in this place.”

Which place if its not your sacred place at home that you've dedicated to prayers, one thing is you can't be stagnant if you have a tight relationship with God. And prayer/studying of the word brings us closer to him day by day.

Ps, get war room in december 22nd onwards if you haven't seen it already because I know you can't go to the cinema now or if possible download it. Trust me your faith will be renewed.

Thanks for your prompt response and sharing your experience. There's a better understanding now. Would tow the prayer/studying line. I remember seeing advert for war room sometime last week. I'll get it. ((((hugs))))

2 Likes

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:48am On Nov 29, 2015
goldmine:

Thanks for your prompt response and sharing your experience. There's a better understanding now. Would tow the prayer/studying line. I remember seeing advert for war room sometime last week. I'll get it. ((((hugs))))
your welcome dear.
Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
youve grown girl thanks for sharing your diary.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by DonOms(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hey...
I just read your diary again (can't remember where I'd stopped last year) and I'm happy for you. Particularly the recent update about your marriage and family.

Thank God you didn't give up on Him and on life. Despite having reasons to tread paths of careless drift, you abandoned your life to God and trusted Him. God will continue to uplift you and make you an instrument of praise and testimony in Jesus' name; Amen. Remain Blessed.

1 Like

Re: Ubi Caritas Et Amor, Deus Ibi Est by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
DonOms:
Hey...
I just read your diary again (can't remember where I'd stopped last year) and I'm happy for you. Particularly the recent update about your marriage and family.

Thank God you didn't give up on Him and on life. Despite having reasons to tread paths of careless drift, you abandoned your life to God and trusted Him. God will continue to uplift you and make you an instrument of praise and testimony in Jesus's name; Amen. Remain Blessed.
So shall it be, Amen.

Thank you Sir

(1) (Reply)

Farrakhan Confirms West's Involvement In Abacha's assassination / Who Has The Weakest Military In Africa? / Soldiers From Other Countries Fighting Russia In Ukraine (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.