Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence (865 Views)

Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group / Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal / REVEALED:COAS Kenneth Minimah To Declare Interim Military Govt If Buhari Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by enzony(m): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
The head of Nigeria’s army on Wednesday vowed a violent crackdown on election-related unrest, as security tightened before this weekend’s presidential and parliamentary vote.
Lieutenant General Kenneth Minimah said the armed forces, police and other organisations had made “adequate arrangements” for security at this Saturday’s poll.

Bloody election-related violence has been a major concern at previous votes in Nigeria, especially between supporters of rival political parties.

In 2011, around 1,000 people were killed in clashes after Goodluck Jonathan’s victory over Muhammadu Buhari for the presidency.
Minimah said heightened security would be in place both for the presidential and parliamentary vote on Saturday as well as on April 11, when gubernatorial and state assembly elections are held.

“I do not envisage any issue because this is just an election and it will come and go,” he told a news conference.

“Though we know there are also elements within the political class that would not want a normal election process to come and be put behind us.
“I will appeal to politicians and their followers and supporters to keep the peace, maintain the peace and ensure a violence-free elections… and whoever wants to invoke or provoke violence will meet organised violence waiting for him.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/army-chief-vows-crackdown-on-election-unrest/
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by enzony(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
Mark this

"Though we know there are also elements within the political class that would not want a normal election process to come and be put behind us.
“I will appeal to politicians and their followers and supporters to keep the peace, maintain the peace and ensure a violence-free elections… and whoever wants to invoke or provoke violence will meet organised violence waiting for him.”

This election will come and go. GEJ will continue till 2019. Nigerians, abeg don't join those that go to the streets for any kind of unlawful action.

After the 'celebration of democracy' coming up on 28 March and GEJ is returned elected everyone should think of what productive activity to engage so as to keep our economy going forward.

1 Like

Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by Collynzo419: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
lol
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by FitnessNigeria: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
and whoever wants to invoke or provoke violence will meet organised violence waiting for him.

Violent APC and PDP supporters, be-warned ooo. Buhari and Jonathan no dey there when your mama born you oo and dem no help your mama born you, neither did they help your papa do the thing. If you like go because of 1 vote kill yourself. The hell fire u go enter na A Class

1 Like

Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by dunkem21(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
The dogs and baboon should please take note cheesy

..Ignorance of the law will never be an excuse

#Neveragain will innocent lives of Nigerians and corp members be snuffed out in cold blood.
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by oremusanctus: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Apc thugs una dhe hear am?
Sai jonathan
Sai military
Sai transformation
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by Glowstone(m): 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
Tell that to Buhari and his boys

GEJ till 2019
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

1 Like

Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by dunkem21(m): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
Lalasticlala, please alert their online supporters accordingly.
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by enzony(m): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
Let's preach peace to everyone.

GEJ till 2019!

2 Likes

Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by oluwafemi113(m): 10:43pm On Mar 25, 2015

Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
organised violence......i like that statement.
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by kasiem(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
For all this almajiri that may be thinking they will intimidate igbo voters from casting their votes in the north, this a clear warning.
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by ORACLE1975(m): 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
Change
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by Rose2014: 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
post=31990337:
Initially i supported APC but carefully looked at their way of life i discover that they are old thieves trying to wear new clothes i decamped to PDP at least i know what they have done afterall Northerners have ruled for more than 30 yrs including Buhari but nothing drastically changed
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by raumdeuter: 11:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Game over for the PDP thugs.

Change is here
Re: General Kenneth Minimah Vows Crackdown On Election Violence by Vision4God: 11:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gej is working

God bless Gej

(1) (Reply)

Why President Jonathan Will Not Win South West / Which Are You? / General Buhari's Facebook Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.