Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega (26843 Views)

I’m Being Prosecuted For Old Grievances – Dasuki / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by LogicPower(m): 2:37am On Mar 26, 2015
Why I’m being attacked over card readers — Jega

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA—Chairman of the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Attahiru Jega, Wednesday, said he has no regrets for insisting on deploying Smart Card Reader machines for the conduct of the general election, saying he knew that the decision would attract unwarranted attacks on his integrity as a person.

Would-be riggers the ones crying foul, says INEC boss
Jega, who stated this while unveiling the Nigeria Civil Society Situation Room in Abuja yesterday,, maintained that it is only those that hitherto nurtured plans to fraudulently manipulate the outcome of the elections, that have been crying foul over the introduction of the technology which he said would only add credibility to the electoral process in the country.

He said that INEC had perfected all its strategies and put every apparatus in place with a view to ensuring a hitch free poll that will reflect the summative choice of Nigerians.

“Let me use this opportunity to reassure Nigerians that we believe that we have done everything possible to ensure that the 2015 general election is successful. We are adequately prepared in terms of both logistics and manpower. Likewise, all the security agencies, especially the police which have a lead role to play in terms of providing security during elections, have assured us that they are ready.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-im-being-attacked-over-card-readers-jega/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by TI1919(m): 2:44am On Mar 26, 2015
God is watching sha, he sees beyond our imagination, I want my vote to count, no more ringing and whoever win should be swon in and we will respect him as our President of which by God grace GEJ will win.

grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by efilefun(m): 3:00am On Mar 26, 2015
I thought they wanted to fight corruption with technology now why are they scared of going into election using technology

Say NO to the Clueless Corrupt Drunkard

Sai Buhari
God bless the people's general
God bless Nigeria

238 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Burger01(m): 3:18am On Mar 26, 2015
We all know the would-be riggers are the P.D.Pigs, they are the foul criers, criers of fouls. Rigging is in their blood. Yet they want to fight corruption with technology. We just can't be thralled by the pigs. Right things must be done. Enough is ENOUGH! We say 'No' to corruption.

God bless Nigeria
God bless Buhari
Sai Buhari

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by judiciarypalava: 3:45am On Mar 26, 2015
efilefun:
I thought they wanted to fight corruption with technology now why are they scared of going into election using technology

Say NO to the Clueless Corrupt Drunkard

Sai Buhari
God bless the people's general
God bless Nigeria

Because it seems JEGA is no more clean. With the card readers pointed to INEC central server in Abuja or state INEC offices, you are suppose to vote anywhere irrespective of where you registered.
Why are they not working like POS machines?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Sibrah: 3:54am On Mar 26, 2015
True but sad.

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by politricks: 4:51am On Mar 26, 2015
JEGA is indirectly talking to PDP because we all know they have been in the forefront of championing the cause against the use of card readers.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by josnig1980(f): 5:22am On Mar 26, 2015
Sai Buhari grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by efilefun(m): 6:27am On Mar 26, 2015
This is being used for the first time and it needs to be tested properly... Moreover if it works like that probability of maneuvering the machine is very high
judiciarypalava:

Because it seems JEGA is no more clean. With the card readers pointed to INEC central server in Abuja or state INEC offices, you are suppose to vote anywhere irrespective of where you registered.

4 Likes

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by tyson99(m): 7:00am On Mar 26, 2015
Ihavedecided

SAI BABA
SAI BUHaRI

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 26, 2015
He was referring to PDP grin

19 Likes

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by arewatech(m): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
APC 2 - 0 PDP

grin

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:42am On Mar 26, 2015
REASONS Y I CHANGE MY DECISION ON BUHARI.

1.THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA START WITH NORTHERNERS...ALL THOSE USELESS HEAD OF STATE

2.NORTH GREEDINESS TO ALWAYS RULE.LOOKING AT ALL NIGERIA LEADERS,MAJORITY OF THEM ARE NORTHERNERS

3.THE THIEVES SURROUNDING GMB... PEOPLE LIKE ABS,TINUBU WHICH ARE CONFIRMED POLITICAL THIEVES ARE HIS LOYALISTS

4. WE NEED AGILE LEADER NOT AGE DISADVANTAGE LEADER ...

#Y ALWAYS D NORTH

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by rusher14: 7:47am On Mar 26, 2015
judiciarypalava:

Because that would be electronic voting.

Electronic voting goes against our constitution at present but maybe someday we'll amend it.

Jega is on point.

16 Likes

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:52am On Mar 26, 2015
Jega Ride on Baba... Make the palliatives for kicking off the error we made in 2011 out...in place..

March4Buhari...
Sai Baba...
#NigeriansHaveDecided..

22 Likes

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by channelz: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2015
[b]INEC Champions League Final
Date:28 march 2015
Ticket: PVC
Kickoff: 9am
Venue: Estadio de polling boot
Capacity: 68million
Referee: prof. Attahiru Jega
Club: PDP fc vs APC fc
Defending champion: pdp

PDP fc formation 5:3:2
Line up
Patience Jonathan Gk
Ngozi okonjo iweala
David mark
Edwin Clark
Ayo fayose (yellow card)
Goodswill Akpabio
Adamu Muazu
Nnamadi sambo
Gabriel suswan
Olusegun mimiko
Goodluck jonathan (captain)
Substitution
Fani kayode
Musiliu obanikoro
Reuben Abati
John okupe
Federick fasheun
Olisa metuh
Coach: Asari Dokubo

APC fc formation 4:3:3
Lineup
Rotimi Amaechi
Bola Tinubu
Babatunde Fashola
Rochas Okorocha
John oyegun
Muhammadu Buhari(captain)
Abubakar Atiku on loan from pdp fc
Aminu Tambuwal
Bisi Akande
Adams oshiomole
Yemi osibanjo ( on loan from redeemed camp fc)
Substitution
Kayode fayemi
Rauf Aregbesola
Bukola Saraki
Lai Muhammed
Nasir El-rufai
Abike Dabiri
Coach Sir Olusegun Obasanjo (former PDP fc coach dat help dem to win treble).

Predict d score line correctly and win a trip to
wonderland in Borno state.[/b]

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by KINGpharoah: 8:09am On Mar 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Blackchampion(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2015
GEJ we know

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 26, 2015
he'll transform ya

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by yommyphresh(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
wink
Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Vstuffs(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Only those planning to rig the election are scare of the card-reader.

Back to biz

GET VIDEO TUTORIALS on
Web Development(HTML, CSS,Javascript,PHP,MySql,Ajax,Json) etc,
Photoshop CS4,
Java,
Dreamweaver,
Wordpress,
Cinema 4D R16 Video tutorial
Andriod App Development
Python Programming Language
PHP and MySql Video Tutorials
ETC
www.nairaland.com/1932259
All for #2,000 only(lagos residents)

Whatsapp/Call 0 8 1 7 0 4 4 9 5 6 7
Or email vic tor al agw u (at) gmai l .com

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by gistmelove(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
A signboard outside a restaurant read "eat as much as you can, your grand children will pay the Bill"... A man entered the restaurant and ate as and all he could, got a toothpick and was relaxing when the waiter gave him the bill, he laughed and pointed to the signboard outside, don't you see, "only my grandchildren will pay" The waiter replied, "This is not your bill, it's your grandfather's Bill"... ... ........... ..Good pm. as you step out to vote, think of how you will affect the unborn generation positively. Be wise with your vote, save Nigeria. God bless

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Only the corrupt are afraid of the card reader.

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Pearlvictory(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Until Buhari and GEJ's kids wear APC and PDP's vests or carry brooms and umbrellas respectively, I can never campaign for any politician. It's sheer foolishness! Prof Jega, dont worry, I understand ur motive, I only pray the execution will come out perfect.
Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by yuzjet(m): 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Election fever everywhere!
Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by ichidodo: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2015
Doesn't this old donkey get it? Doesn't he know how delicately edged and fragile this country is?? Doesn't he knows the ramifications edging his bet on the very existence of Nigeria on a device so fragile and somewhat complex on a third world nation with a predominantly illiterate,ignorant and violent citizenry especially in the north...well we pity the adhoc officials and youth corpers who will bear the brunt of the backlash...

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by martincbarton: 8:27am On Mar 26, 2015
The reasons are obvious.

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Asuokaa: 8:27am On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by holyokoto(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2015
kkkkk
Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by misterh(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2015
The card reader is for accreditation. It's either those campaigning against its use are ignorant or have ulterior motives. And we all know the party that have been antagonizing its use. PDP said APC cloned the PVCs yet it's APC that's supporting a device that will separate a cloned card from the original. smh.

11 Likes

Re: Why I’m Being Attacked Over Card Readers — Jega by Zico5(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2015
I have been saying it and will still continue to say. Only the enemies of this great nation will be against Jega for introducing the programs that will curb fraud in election. This election must be free and fair, this will put Jega's name in the book of those that make this country better. We re moving closer.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Advises Ihedioha: Don't Waste Imo Money, Ignore Chartered Jets / Michael Olawale-Cole Joins APC / Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.