Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

When Should One Actually Launch A Start Up - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Should One Actually Launch A Start Up (519 Views)

800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here? / How To Launch A Career In HR / A Start Up Company In Lagos Looking For For Team Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Should One Actually Launch A Start Up by sunnico(m): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2015
How does any entrepreneur know the time is right to start a company? The answer is different for every individual. But when I asked a Software Company CEO that lived in my neighbourhood some weeks ago -- He said one should invest 3-5 years of experience before starting a company. It may be possible to get that experience by the time you're 25 thats if you have actually been planning on your carrier early enough, definately thats what we see with the likes of Bill gates, Mark Zuckerberg..and who knows U.
if you've spent the previous 5 years developing a specific product -- sandals that you've designed -- or a key skill -- programming applications on a smartphone, or a strategy--marketing for instance.
Otherwise, a young graduate or undergraduate should first identify a field that interests him or her, then work or take intern in its leading company before launching a new venture.

The reasons for his suggested strategy as he said were simple.
First, experience will help young would-be entrepreneurs develop their skills and find out what they are really good at, compared to rivals.

Second, it will help them develop a network of potential suppliers, employees, investors and customers.

Finally, it will let them see market opportunities that their employer is not tapping into, opportunities on which they might eventually base a new venture.

I know Entrepreneur has a lot to do with risk taking, but if u must take a risk it should be a planned one where there's a higher probability of scaling through, and You know what that involves Planning Big Time..
Now the Question is when do you think is the right time to launch your start up??

(1) (Reply)

Improve your career with IT / New Career Opportunity At Novo Nordisk / Opinion: What Is The Fate Of Other Immigration Candidates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.