Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,264 members, 7,780,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:09 PM

So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. (779 Views)

Sick Man Goes To Doctors And He's Told That ‘He's A Woman’ / Pictures From Barack Obama 2013 Presidential Inauguration / President Barack Obama's Daughters at the Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. by SHENANIGAN(m): 12:02am On Jan 21, 2009
Just wondering if anyone in the DC area skipped work for the inauguration, and if you did was it worth the trouble. Tell us your stories if possible show us some of your pictures.
Re: So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. by RichyBlacK(m): 12:09am On Jan 21, 2009
Now in Foreign Affairs section.
Re: So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. by SeanT21(f): 12:57am On Jan 21, 2009
Most offices where closed anyway!!

My school was closed and many did not go to work!!
Re: So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2009
SHENANIGAN:

Just wondering if anyone in the DC area skipped work for the inauguration, and if you did was it worth the trouble. Tell us your stories if possible show us some of your pictures.

At my firm, there was no need to skip work, or call in sick, because all and sundry including the boss, were huddled around computers in the office, watching the inauguration live from 9.00am London time, when work was supposed to start, right up until after the inaguration speech, by which time it was already closing time. So, really we didn't do any work at all, except on the odd, but very annoying occasions, when the phone rang and somebody had to answer it, or attend to a walk-in client. My boss was over-excited. He even ordered and paid for lunch for everyone; and had it delivered to the office. There was much rejoicing and excitement and even clients were invited to join in.
Re: So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. by blackspade(m): 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2009
I didn't have class on Inauguration day, nor did I have work, so I got to watch the WHOLE entire duration of it.
Re: So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. by RichyBlacK(m): 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2009
anengiyefa:

At my firm, there was no need to skip work, or call in sick, because all and sundry including the boss, were huddled around computers in the office, watching the inauguration live from 9.00am London time, when work was supposed to start, right up until after the inaguration speech, by which time it was already closing time. So, really we didn't do any work at all, except on the odd, but very annoying occasions, when the phone rang and somebody had to answer it, or attend to a walk-in client. My boss was over-excited. He even ordered and paid for lunch for everyone; and had it delivered to the office. There was much rejoicing and excitement and even clients were invited to join in.

Nice!

Always good to have people not blinded by foolish religious zealotry elected as president, ain't it?
Re: So How Many Of You Skipped Work Or Called In Sick For The Inauguration. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 22, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Nice!

Always good to have people not blinded by foolish religious zealotry elected as president, ain't it?

I agree totally. President Obama is most definitely not a supporter of those "foolish" religious zealots in Gaza!  grin

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Oil (us Apologises Over Gaddafi Comments) / It's Not Great Narrative For Monsieur Strauss Kahn / Nigel Farage On Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.