Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Is APC Truly The Change We Seek - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is APC Truly The Change We Seek (1080 Views)

I Think This Is The Change We Seek (photo) / Sen. Saraki's Saga: Is APC Truly Wolf In Sheep's Clothing? / APC Truly Hack Inec Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by chucky234(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
Since the election campaigns started I have remained silent due to the simple fact that there is no credible candidate out of the two major contestants , Buhari and GEJ.
GEJ failed us in 6 years and I was expecting a neutral party built on integrity to kick GEJ out of Aso Rock, APC to me is certainly not that party as there is no different between PDP & APC except the difference in acronym.
If we are in one accord that PDP failed us in 16 years then I don't see why APC should represent the CHANGE we all urgently seek, see take a look at the core members of APC who were part of PDP's 16 years of failure.
APC has been consistent in saying that PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But at a very close look at the composition of the front runners APC, I see:
1. Rotimi Amaechi – 8 years as speaker; 7 years as Governor under PDP.
2. Atiku Abubakar – 8 years as Vice President under PDP.
3. George Akume – 8 years as Governor under PDP.
4. Bukola Saraki – 8 years as Governor; 2 years as Senator under PDP.
5. Timipre Sylva – 4 years as Governor under PDP.
6. Audu Ogbe – 2 years as National Chairman of the PDP.
7. Aminu Masari – 4 years as the Speaker, House of Reps under PDP.
8. Chris Ngige – 3 years as Governor under PDP.
9. Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years as Governor; 3 years as Defense minister under PDP.
10. El Rufai – 4 years as FCT Minister; 2 years as BPE chairman under PDP.
11. And to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the APC, a man who spent 8 of the disastrous 16 years as the maximum ruler of Nigeria and several years as BOT of PDP.
I don't even want to start with the Lord of Lagos, BAT.
Our biggest problem as a nation is never the leaders we have but ignorance and gullibility of the masses, we celebrate thieves out of political and ethnic sentiments.
Buhari is just as corrupt as GEJ, OBJ and Tinubu, we need new faces who can be bold enough to take this once great country to the dream land we all seek not recycled generals and politicians.
In 1984 as a 7 year old boy I was referred to by my teacher then in primary school as one of Nigeria's tomorrow leaders with Buhari as Nigeria's 7th Military head of state, 31 years after the same Buhari is seen as the man to take Nigeria to the promise land.
What happen to the many others like me who were seen as the leaders of tomorrow in 1984 ?
When will the tomorrow come, probably in the next 50 years.
Note: I don't belong to any party and not in support of GEJ or Buhari, this is not to discredit any political party.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by LFJ: 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is not the right time to hide where we belong whether right or wrong. If you love the transformation agenda of PDP and appreciate the incompetent of Jonathan goodluck to you. What I want is clear to me, definitely not PDP again. I am done with 16 years of transformation agenda that has refuse to transform anything.
I gave them the privilege based on their promise of transformation, I have seen what their transformation means. That is not the kind of transformation I want. I have decided on the basis of fairness to give a CHANGE the same opportunity I gave the Transformation for 16 years to prove their worth.
If you are satisfy with the transformation you get from Jonathan and PDP best of luck to you, but never question my reason for CHANGE. That is my right.

1 Like

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
In simple and forward terms what this country needs is a revolution..we dont need change or progress from frying pan to fire..these senile leaders yet agile thieves can never give us the change or progress we so dearly need.they just keep complicating our already complicated situation
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by chucky234(m): 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2015
majalisa:
In simple and forward terms what this country needs is a revolution..we dont need change or progress from frying pan to fire..these senile leaders yet agile thieves can never give us the change or progress we so dearly need.they just keep complicating our already complicated situation
I created this thread sometime last year, read through and you'll agree with me that we need new faces not recycled Generals and politicians imposed on the masses by political godfathers.
www.nairaland.com/1581180/tomorrow-ever-come-truly-leaders
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
LFJ:
This is not the right time to hide where we belong whether right or wrong. If you love the transformation agenda of PDP and appreciate the incompetent of Jonathan goodluck to you. What I want is clear to me, definitely not PDP again. I am done with 16 years of transformation agenda that has refuse to transform anything.
I gave them the privilege based on their promise of transformation, I have seen what their transformation means. That is not the kind of transformation I want. I have decided on the basis of fairness to give a CHANGE the same opportunity I gave the Transformation for 16 years to prove their worth.
If you are satisfy with the transformation you get from Jonathan and PDP best of luck to you, but never question my reason for CHANGE. That is my right.
that still lands u to the issue in discuss.."IS APC THAT CHANGE U NEED?...same boat of leaders different decks of undesirable elements..probably by 2019 jonathan will be screaming change under APC...then what?the cycle keeps on repeating.truth is this invariably becomes a dictatorial democracy
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by LFJ: 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
chucky234:
I created this thread sometime last year, read through and you'll agree with me that we need new faces not recycled Generals and politicians imposed on the masses by political godfathers.

No, they don't impose General on us. The general signify interest, he went through the process and he became the flag bearer of his party. We have close to 10 political parties as at today, our choice is not restricted. If you don't like transformation or change other options are there for you. It is too late to start crying over nothing.

1 Like

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 4:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
chucky234:
thanks for the link sir
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by chucky234(m): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
majalisa:
thanks for the link sir
uwc
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by LFJ: 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
majalisa:
that still lands u to the issue in discuss.."IS APC THAT CHANGE U NEED?...same boat of leaders different decks of undesirable elements..probably by 2019 jonathan will be screaming change under APC...then what?the cycle keeps on repeating.truth is this invariably becomes a dictatorial democracy

Change is not only your option. We have other candidates, even transformation party too is there. If you are not satisfy with any of the available options you may need to go and form your own party.
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
LFJ:

No, they don't impose General on us. The general signify interest, he went through the process and he became the flag bearer of his party. We have close to 10 political parties as at today, our choice is not restricted. If you don't like transformation or change other options are there for you. It is too late to start crying over nothing.
signify ur interest without a political godfather and see what happens.is either u r in d loop or out of it..if by chance u are in the loop,u will only be there to do the will of ur almighty godfather
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
LFJ:

Change is not only your option. We have other candidates, even transformation party too is there. If you are not satisfy with any of the available options you may need to go and form your own party.
easier said than done..when did u get back.u speak as if u just arrive from pluto
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by raumdeuter: 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Definitely we dont need a continuation of the PDP
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by Bright4(m): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
We do not know whether things must CHANGE if we must improve, but for things to improve, there must be CHANGE.

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
raumdeuter:
Definitely we dont need a continuation of the PDP

Neither do we an amalgamation of corrupt, old folks now masquerading as change agents.
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by Olofintoto(m): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2015
Capital NO.

Truly the country needs a change but my mind keeps telling me that APC is not the right change.
So instead of voting for another set of wrong pple wu ar desperate for power, y not go with the present one?

Better is the devil u av known dan the angel u jst meet.

GEJ beyond 2015.

PDP.... power to the people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2015
OP, thanks for your message. Its clearly understood.

Most of us have even started the agitation for change before the strange amalgamation of thieves now known as the APC. We felt we needed to test another party. But we became disillusioned with the current APC when we saw it absorbed all manners of questionable characters into its ranks. Then it became obvious it is not the kind of change we clamoured for.

As it, the APC is not in any way different from the PDP. If anything, the PDP is even better, having lost a lot of thieves to the broom waving camp.

As for me, I still continue with the transformation. Its my call!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
chucky234:
Since the election campaigns started I have remained silent due to the simple fact that there is no credible candidate out of the two major contestants , Buhari and GEJ.
GEJ failed us in 6 years and I was expecting a neutral party built on integrity to kick GEJ out of Aso Rock, APC to me is certainly not that party as there is no different between PDP & APC except the difference in acronym.
If we are in one accord that PDP failed us in 16 years then I don't see why APC should represent the CHANGE we all urgently seek, see take a look at the core members of APC who were part of PDP's 16 years of failure.
APC has been consistent in saying that PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But at a very close look at the composition of the front runners APC, I see:
1. Rotimi Amaechi – 8 years as speaker; 7 years as Governor under PDP.
2. Atiku Abubakar – 8 years as Vice President under PDP.
3. George Akume – 8 years as Governor under PDP.
4. Bukola Saraki – 8 years as Governor; 2 years as Senator under PDP.
5. Timipre Sylva – 4 years as Governor under PDP.
6. Audu Ogbe – 2 years as National Chairman of the PDP.
7. Aminu Masari – 4 years as the Speaker, House of Reps under PDP.
8. Chris Ngige – 3 years as Governor under PDP.
9. Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years as Governor; 3 years as Defense minister under PDP.
10. El Rufai – 4 years as FCT Minister; 2 years as BPE chairman under PDP.
11. And to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the APC, a man who spent 8 of the disastrous 16 years as the maximum ruler of Nigeria and several years as BOT of PDP.
I don't even want to start with the Lord of Lagos, BAT.
Our biggest problem as a nation is never the leaders we have but ignorance and gullibility of the masses, we celebrate thieves out of political and ethnic sentiments.
Buhari is just as corrupt as GEJ, OBJ and Tinubu, we need new faces who can be bold enough to take this once great country to the dream land we all seek not recycled generals and politicians.
In 1984 as a 7 year old boy I was referred to by my teacher then in primary school as one of Nigeria's tomorrow leaders with Buhari as Nigeria's 7th Military head of state, 31 years after the same Buhari is seen as the man to take Nigeria to the promise land.
What happen to the many others like me who were seen as the leaders of tomorrow in 1984 ?
When will the tomorrow come, probably in the next 50 years.
Note: I don't belong to any party and not in support of GEJ or Buhari, this is not to discredit any political party.

As for the bolded, take a bottle of orijin on me. That's the summary of the whole matter. Our leaders are a reflection of us, and the how corrupt and ineffective our government is, depends on our attitude and values.

Nothing more!

2 Likes

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by LFJ: 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
majalisa:
easier said than done..when did u get back.u speak as if u just arrive from pluto

You sound like a frustrated soul. Change is not the only option, that should not be too difficult for you to understand. Other political parties are there, you are free to make your choice.
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by LFJ: 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Neither do we an amalgamation of corrupt, old folks now masquerading as change agents.

If you don't like change, other options are there for you. You don't need to cry over nothing, if you don't like any of the option we have as at today, you may need to wait till when you will be able to form a political party of angels.
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2015
dearpreye:

dats the drift

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
LFJ:

You sound like a frustrated soul. Change is not the only option, that should not be too difficult for you to understand. Other political parties are there, you are free to make your choice.
sir u are really missing the point..of course my political soul is frustrated when i see people like u wallow in such ignorance
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 26, 2015
majalisa:
sir u are really missing the point..of course my political soul is frustrated when i see people like u wallow in such ignorance

See finishing!
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by LFJ: 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
majalisa:

I pray that God will heal your frustrated mind. You cannot sit in the corner of your room to talk to yourself about imaginary change you want. It is people like you that bring about the current change we are talking about. If you have a better change to tell us be on the street to preach the gospel of your own type of change and stop exhibiting ignorance.
We have over 10 political parties, if there is non that preach your type of change, form your own political party. It is not by mouth, it is by action.

1 Like

Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by majalisa(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
LFJ:

I pray that God will heal your frustrated mind. You cannot sit in the corner of your room to talk to yourself about imaginary change you want. It is people like you that bring about the current change we are talking about. If you have a better change to tell us be on the street to preach the gospel of your own type of change and stop exhibiting ignorance.
We have over 10 political parties, if there is non that preach your type of change, form your own political party. It is not by mouth, it is by action.
.sorry sire but is this topic 2 technical 2 b understood
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by olaboy001(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
This, is an opportunity for us to remove an incumbent, so our entire political class will learn, and understand who the true power lies with.
#IWillVoteAPC
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by chucky234(m): 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
dearpreye:

As for the bolded, take a bottle of orijin on me. That's the summary of the whole matter. Our leaders are a reflection of us, and the how corrupt and ineffective our government is, depends on our attitude and values.

Nothing more!
Orijin things, thanks bro.
Re: Is APC Truly The Change We Seek by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
chucky234:
Orijin things, thanks bro.

You're indeed welcome!

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Official Paying young Voters In Bayelsa - picture / Pictures Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo With Some Igbo Traders At Alaba Market / A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.