Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:46 AM

Men And Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Men And Doctors (1133 Views)

Pls I Need Help From Matured Minds And Doctors / A Thread For Sickle Cell Warriors And Doctors / The Facts About JOHESU And Doctors Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men And Doctors by bamidele(m): 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2006
I am not sure why men find it difficult to carry out a health check on a regular basis, for me i remember as a kid i always feared injections. I had to be carried by two uncles of mine because i was always in a state. Anyway after a long spell of saying i would go to the dentist, i finally made it and i am pleased i did even though this morning i am in a lot of pain. Yesterday's experience at the dentist was a painful experience, my dentist kept saying i was doing well , she spoke to me like a kid , what do you expect my heart was in my mouth , i screamed out loud and pressed the dentist assistant's hand very hard as if i was at the altar being forced to get married. I had ten painful injections and my mouth was as swollen as a birhday ballon refusing to deflate itself. Whilst the injections were going into my mouth all i could think of was no more red wine, cafelatte , capuccino they help stain your teeth. After several hours of cleaning all i could remember was the dentist's voice saying you are doing well , you are doing well , you are doing well. She caught me at a vulnerable time i know she was trying her best to make me feel at ease , its still made be feel like a little boy and to be honest i liked the way she said it , it was so reassuring. I think at times as human beings we at times fail to give praise when its due or we do not do it regularlyn or forget to do it. If no one praises you praise yourself for your achievements in life , focus on the positives and not the negatives. Can yiu imagine wakiing up in the morning and saying to yourself well done. Anyway duty calls , i have to go, you are all doing well reading this - have a blessed and fun weekend. Well done.
Re: Men And Doctors by doubletree(f): 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2006
i wish men could have heavy monthly periods,period pains,PMT,PMS,labour pains in addition to painful injections at the dentist, like women smiley
and oh yes nausea and vomiting in pregnancy(feeling yuck and the man saying, there's nothing wrong ,no be just pregnancy!!! rant over. and despite all that i wouldn't swap my needle fearing hubby for anything
Re: Men And Doctors by blablabla(m): 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2006
Hey! whats with this topic, abeg make una leave men alone jare.

Doubletree,

lovely name

reminds me of the doubletree hotel in boston, my first taste of paradise

men dont need doctors except they are almost dead, because we know it all and are the stronger sex
Re: Men And Doctors by teno(f): 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2006
that's a big LIE if i ever heard one
Re: Men And Doctors by Oracle(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2006
Itz true Teno, there's no point arguing

(1) (Reply)

A 12-year-old Boy Dilemma! Either To Remain Male Without Penis Or Become Female? / 10 Health Benefits Of Red Wine / Why Patrick Sawyer Deliberately Travelled To Nigeria- Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.