Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures (25047 Views)

The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) / My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Curiouscity(m): 3:05am On May 20, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
I want to remind you peopple that this garden was grown almost organically. Due to this fact, the fruits are not many. Their sizes are moderate, not soo big. Please comment

The fruit may not be many or big size, but what you learned while doing the experiment is enormous. Congratulations!!!

Like @pavore9 said, nothing can be compared to the feeling you have when eating or using your product(s). I wish more youths can learn to produce something, even if it is for their consumption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2015
l thank God. This backyard cucumber farm has given birth to plots of cucumber farm. l will be smiling to bank very soon......... smiley
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:20am On Jun 02, 2015
This is third harvest from a single row of 30m long.

1 Like

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by anienge001: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
This is third harvest from a single row of 30m long.

Guy, U are really inspiring me on this cucumber oooo!!

Bumper harvest!!
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by sheyi86: 9:36am On Jun 02, 2015
some of my cucumbers emerge @ 4days bt they wl all emerge today i.e 5th day
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2015
sheyi86:
some of my cucumbers emerge @ 4days bt they wl all emerge today i.e 5th day
Good of you. upload pix here
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by sheyi86: 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Good of you. upload pix here
ok sir
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by smallblow: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2015
@ olamimo12 I congratulate u bro...where is your location?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
smallblow:
@ olamimo12 I congratulate u bro...where is your location?
Akufo Ibadan. tnx bro
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by sheyi86: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
my cucumber @ 6th day

1 Like

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by sheyi86: 7:04am On Jun 04, 2015
pix

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Curiouscity(m): 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
sheyi86:
pix
sheyi86:
my cucumber @ 6th day

This pix are not showing.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by sheyi86: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Curiouscity:

This pix are not showing.
yes nw i dont kno y it didnt upload. Pls can u teach me hw 2 upload pix sir.thanks
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Pavore9: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Fruiting continues.......... Fruit flies is a threat. Most fruits get rot

The picture is A fruit fly trap hanging on a mango tree with dead fruit flies. lt attracts males, which are lured into the trap thinking they are heading to females for mating but unknown to them, the scented trap is laced with some chemical that kills males. The more males that die, the lower the chances of fertilisation, meaning that finally, the pests are eradicated. One trap can attract insects from as far as a kilometre away but it is advisable to use each (trap) for a quarter acre piece of land. The trap can last up to three months before being changed. It can catch up to 1,500 male fruit flies. l am told it costs about N950 each here in Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Neduzze5(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nice one OLAMIMO12. Did you later plant the watermelon?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pavore9:

The picture is A fruit fly trap hanging on a mango tree with dead fruit flies. lt attracts males, which are lured into the trap thinking they are heading to females for mating but unknown to them, the scented trap is laced with some chemical that kills males. The more males that die, the lower the chances of fertilisation, meaning that finally, the pests are eradicated. One trap can attract insects from as far as a kilometre away but it is advisable to use each (trap) for a quarter acre piece of land. The trap can last up to three months before being changed. It can catch up to 1,500 male fruit flies. l am told it costs about N950 each here in Kenya.
Thanks Pavore. it is sold for N2,000 here in Nigeria.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Pavore9: 5:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Thanks Pavore. it is sold for N2,000 here in Nigeria.

Which company sells it and for how long is it used before it is replaced.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pavore9:

No need to mention names here. it is said to last for 4 months.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Neduzze5:
Nice one OLAMIMO12. Did you later plant the watermelon?
I dont understand pls. which watermelon Sir ?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Pavore9: 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

The farm produce it saves from the fruit flies justifies the price.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pavore9:

The farm produce it saves from the fruit flies justifies the price.
Alryt Sir
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Soloxam(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pavore9:

@pavore9 the stop mating block is sold here in Nigeria, my company sales it and the price here is. #2000........... It last for 4 months......
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Pavore9: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Soloxam:
@pavore9 the stop mating block is sold here in Nigeria, my company sales it and the price here is. #2000........... It last for 4 months......

Well saw it an orchard last week, was told it lasts for 3 months and bought for N950.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
The makings of my new cucumber farm......... just 1344 square meters

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2015
Bamboo site......

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
@olamimo pls which kind of cucumber seed are u using and pls where to get them can one get it in south west niii ur reply is needed thks. i love to go to planting cucumber and water melon i can see u make a lot of ridges. i will soon get 2 acres of land been used half of an acre to plant cucumber and water melon.thks happy farming am following u oooo am ur fans here .my farm is located in ogbomosho. pls what are u using the baboon for thks. i can see d cucumber is growing fast in ur area that's great.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
Am growing hybrid cucumber for the first time, Murano 2 F1 to be precise. You can buy from me (OLAF). Bamboo is for staking or trellis.
Johnnyessence:
@olamimo pls which kind of cucumber seed are u using and pls where to get them can one get it in south west niii ur reply is needed thks. i love to go to planting cucumber and water melon i can see u make a lot of ridges. i will soon get 2 acres of land been used half of an acre to plant cucumber and water melon.thks happy farming am following u oooo am ur fans here .my farm is located in ogbomosho. pls what are u using the baboon for thks. i can see d cucumber is growing fast in ur area that's great.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by babakk2(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2015
How much is murano 2f1 seedlings for the planting and when can I start planting ?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by denis217: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Mr Olamimo, i used to have a great deal of respect for you but this your comment is rather so childish and ignorant of you. What big deal there if you simply state the name of the company here for all to benefit from. Since you don't find it necessary to state the name of the company selling, then why make it public knowledge that it can be bought here in Nigeria? You really need to work on your approach on public forums like this. Just my one cents advice though.

1 Like

Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2015
denis217:

Mr Olamimo, i used to have a great deal of respect for you but this your comment is rather so childish and ignorant of you. What big deal there if you simply state the name of the company here for all to benefit from. Since you don't find it necessary to state the name of the company selling, then why make it public knowledge that it can be bought here in Nigeria? You really need to work on your approach on public forums like this. Just my one cents advice though.
Smiles....... cheesy cheesy childlish, ignorant, ...... approach on public forums........
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:11am On Aug 03, 2015
Has someone benefited from this thread so far ?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures by sessypgm(m): 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
After planting what can we do to backyard cucumber?can we stray it or what.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mudu To Kg / How To Create Snail Housing In Simple Steps / What Would It Cost Me To Raise 500 Broilers To Maturity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.