Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East (21340 Views)

I Didn’t Know Corruption Was This Much Under Me- GEJ / Re-Elect Me For A 2nd-Term, I Promise Not To Disappoint You– GEJ Begs Nigerians / GEJ Begs PDP Govs: Pls Save Me From Defeat - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by LRNZH(m): 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2015

President Goodluck Jonathan has begged the North, specifically the North-East geo-political zone, to support and vote for him on Saturday.

Jonathan in a letter titled, ‘My dear Arewa brothers and sisters’, which he personally signed, said it would be unfair for anyone to blame him for the Boko Haram menace which resulted in the death of over 15,000 Nigerians.

The President admitted that his administration initially underestimated the menace and that was why the terrorists were able to kill many Nigerians.

He added that the menace was compounded by the lack of equipment.

The President, however, said the successes recorded by the Armed Forces in the last six weeks showed that he was indeed capable of curbing terrorism.
He, therefore, called on northerners to vote for him in order to perfect the work he had started.

He said, “I do understand that my first duty to you at this time is to rid the entire North of the menace of Boko Haram and secure your lives and property. You and I know that nothing in Nigeria’s past prepared us for the unprecedented reign of unmitigated terror, mayhem and destruction which these murderous terrorists have visited on parts of our country.

“The initial slowness in effectively responding to the threat was as a result of the asymmetrical nature of the war on terror and the need for us to properly equip our security agencies for the successful prosecution of the war.

“Given the recent successes recorded by our Armed Forces with your cooperation and patriotic support, the cooperation of our neighbours as well as the laudable gallantry of security agents, I am confident that in the shortest possible time, the menace of Boko Haram would have been eliminated for good.”

Jonathan’s inability to curb terrorism had made him very unpopular in some northern states to the extent that he was stoned in some of the states while he was campaigning.

Jonathan said he and the people of the South-South geo-political zone supported his late predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua who was from the North.

He, therefore, urged them to do the same for him.

He said, “Because Nigeria today is in desperate need of stability, I plead with you to join me in building on the foundation of the traditional alliance between us which has always served to keep Nigeria one strong, united and prosperous nation,” he said.

The soaring popularity of Jonathan’s main rival, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd), of the All Progressives Congress, among the Arewa community seems to have jolted the President.

The Vice President, Namadi Sambo, also met northerners in Lagos on Thursday to beg them to vote for Jonathan for the sake of national peace and unity.

Incidentally, the wife of the President, Patience Jonathan, who has been campaigning for her husband, has avoided visiting the North-West and the North-East.

http://www.punchng.com/news/please-support-me-jonathan-begs-north/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
Why on earth should a president beg for votes. It is very lugubrious. i say a caboto-rejectamenta to that.
see his face, na cry he won cry so
#sai_buhari
#change

#JONATHAN_NEVER_AGAIN

343 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Beesluv: 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
Begibegi

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by WisdomFlakes: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Jonathan the begging President.

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Kakpos: 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2015
I SHED TEAR MY DEAR PRESIDENT BUT WE CAN GO BACK ANY LONGER, IGBO, MAMA P, EDWIN CLARK AND ASARI HAS DONE TO YOU HARM THAN GOOD! BY THIS TIME NEXT WEEK YOUR STORY IS A PAST ONE!

230 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by LRNZH(m): 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dharniel:
Why on earth should a president beg for votes. It is very lugubrious. i say a caboto-rejectamenta to that.

#sai_buhari
#change

Imagine this clueless one stating that his govt underestimated Boko Haram hence the death of over 15,000 people.
That is gross negligence and requires an outright resignation from the presidency by GEJ.
But no. Retardeen is begging for another four years from the NE without shame.

GMB is our next president. GEJ is past news.

267 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Odunharry(m): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
#APC
#CHANGE
#SAY NO TO CORRUPTION
JUST KEEP CALM AND SAI BABA

don't forget to kick the clueless and Shoeless
one out

162 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by not4sure(m): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
I am sorry your Excellency I don't celebrate mediocrity and first you need to apologize as GMB just did. So you need to do it on neglect of Nigerians exepicaly in Nort east

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by ggrin(f): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
Boo: I won't be voting.
Me: Haba! Vote for the sake of Nigeria o.
Boo: If I vote I'll vote Jonathan.
Me: Don't vote. It's not compulsory sef
gringringrin

141 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by missbehave247(m): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
GEJ the special one

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Claroo(m): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015

133 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by layinkakeem(m): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
This is what I call a theif ! :-/
WTF is he talking a bout
Begging the northners to support you, Gej himself knows that he is not active,
If he is assure of what he did and he knows that what he has done to naija is the best, then why is he begging the northners again
Jonathan wants to come and bankrupt naija this second term, cause why is he now doing this and doing that when it is about election deadline, he is a theif !!!
We really want change
We want buhari

He let those BK"s. Killed the northners family/kids/siblings and even abducted innocent girls and couldn't do anything about it !
Vote change my people

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Ilekeh(f): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
Lol off to Otuoke!!!

You don't remember when you and your tap-water-mouth wife played politics with northerners' life?

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Diesel1(m): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
No need of u beggin northerners, u are already d winner

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Boscojugunu(m): 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
After ur wife has finished insulting them.

#neveragain will Jonathan rule nigeria
Sai Buhari
Sai Nigeria

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by pharmow: 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
When BH were killing and kidnapping their children in thousands what did you do? Now you need their votes. Does this guy have no conscious?

With 14 millions voters, 10 millions voters and 18 millions voters from SW, NE and NW respectively. Let's see how Gej is going to win the election

Out of possible 42 millions votes from this 3 zones Buhari is getting nothing less than 32 millions.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Smartresult(f): 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
Save ur time and money and let us build your business for you,
Turn your website or blog from zero revenue to thousands income generation.
Join the many who turn their website or blog into business and give testimonies.
To get access click on my signature NOW!

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by ayusco85(m): 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
Goodluck has a message for all Nigerians...........................

50 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Masudoyindamola: 11:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by trulies: 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
PDP: d wrong party wit d candidate
APC: d right party wit d right candidate
let's come out Nd vote GMD #save fatherland #
God bless Nigeria
God bless GMD

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Deltagiant: 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
It is out of civility and magnanimity that presidents "beg" for votes. However, the last time i checked, NE is not in GEJ's permutations for victory.

Just as it wasn't in 2011.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by hammedkola(m): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
[size=99pt]NO[/size]

38 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by freshness2020: 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Oui Monsieur le president
Nous sommes toujours derriere vous
!
We are always behind you Mr president...
..its already less than 24 days to D-day.
GEJ till 2019..

13 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by themejiwalker(m): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
Too Late my nigga

Too late.

30 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by smemud(m): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
too late,click like for sai buhari

85 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by 9jagoodman: 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
LRNZH:

President Goodluck Jonathan has begged the North, specifically the North-East geo-political zone, to support and vote for him on Saturday.

Jonathan in a letter titled, ‘My dear Arewa brothers and sisters’, which he personally signed, said it would be unfair for anyone to blame him for the Boko Haram menace which resulted in the death of over 15,000 Nigerians.

The President admitted that his administration initially underestimated the menace and that was why the terrorists were able to kill many Nigerians.

He added that the menace was compounded by the lack of equipment.

The President, however, said the successes recorded by the Armed Forces in the last six weeks showed that he was indeed capable of curbing terrorism.
He, therefore, called on northerners to vote for him in order to perfect the work he had started.

He said, “I do understand that my first duty to you at this time is to rid the entire North of the menace of Boko Haram and secure your lives and property. You and I know that nothing in Nigeria’s past prepared us for the unprecedented reign of unmitigated terror, mayhem and destruction which these murderous terrorists have visited on parts of our country.

“The initial slowness in effectively responding to the threat was as a result of the asymmetrical nature of the war on terror and the need for us to properly equip our security agencies for the successful prosecution of the war.

“Given the recent successes recorded by our Armed Forces with your cooperation and patriotic support, the cooperation of our neighbours as well as the laudable gallantry of security agents, I am confident that in the shortest possible time, the menace of Boko Haram would have been eliminated for good.”

Jonathan’s inability to curb terrorism had made him very unpopular in some northern states to the extent that he was stoned in some of the states while he was campaigning.

Jonathan said he and the people of the South-South geo-political zone supported his late predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua who was from the North.

He, therefore, urged them to do the same for him.

He said, “Because Nigeria today is in desperate need of stability, I plead with you to join me in building on the foundation of the traditional alliance between us which has always served to keep Nigeria one strong, united and prosperous nation,” he said.

The soaring popularity of Jonathan’s main rival, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd), of the All Progressives Congress, among the Arewa community seems to have jolted the President.

The Vice President, Namadi Sambo, also met northerners in Lagos on Thursday to beg them to vote for Jonathan for the sake of national peace and unity.

Incidentally, the wife of the President, Patience Jonathan, who has been campaigning for her husband, has avoided visiting the North-West and the North-East.

http://www.punchng.com/news/please-support-me-jonathan-begs-north/

Another Lie from APC

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by mcsamloko(m): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
If they can so be it...... god knows the best

for happenings around the world please always visit... www.adefemiadesida..com
Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by chimex4u2: 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
not4sure:
I am sorry your Excellency I don't celebrate mediocrity and first you need to apologize as GMB just did. So you need to do it on neglect of Nigerians exepicaly in Nort east

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by NewsEmpireNG(f): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
The sight of the word " plead" disgusts me beyond measure!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by trulies: 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
PDP: d wrong party wit d wrong candidate
APC: d right party wit d right candidate
let's come out Nd vote GMD #save fatherland #
God bless Nigeria
God bless GMD

19 Likes

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by idia101(f): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
Irrespective of who wins saturday's election, we
still won't have 6,000 megawatts of electricity by
2019, There will still be atleast 2 ASUU strikes
before 2020, garri will still never be sold at 20naira
per derica, ponmo will still be cheaper than beef,
your landlord will not reduce his rent, your salary
will most likely remain the same for another couple
of years, I will still have to pay for electricity that I'll
never get to use, MC Oluomo will still control
Oshodi, DSTV will not reduce monthly subscription,
MTN will not give you FREEBIES without hidden
charges, the list is unending, but one thing is super
certain, your hustle will always put food on your
table. Just vote, don't impose your opinions on us,
GEJ is a lion, BUHARI is a wolf, even we sef we no
be sheep, we are a lawless lot. Irrespective of who
wins, just give me peace cos I need to go out on
monday and get my daily food.

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East by Riodiao(m): 11:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
IM VERY CONFIDENT THE WHOLE NORTH WILL VOTE GEJ

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Appoints Ongoebi Maureen-otebu As VC Maritime University / Workers Protesting For Non Payment Of Salary In Osogbo (PICTURES) / "Gentle As A Dove"- Dolapo Celebrates Husband Yemi Osinbajo On His 66th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.