Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? (8807 Views)

How Could Fish Survive Noah's Flood / Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2015
The reason why God decided to eliminate man from the face of the earth, as narrated in Gen. 6, was because of his increasing wickedness. And then, if God is Omniscient, one who "declares the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not done" Isa 46:10 and he who "new things he declares; before they spring forth he tells of them" Isa 42:9, definitely knew that wicked people would continue to exist after the flood. Of what use was His flood? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 27, 2015
*40 days of rain cannot possibly cover earth
*there's only about 29% of the water that would be needed to submerge mountain everest 21ft deep
*hw the hell did noah travel round the world to warn people, in the absence of advanced transportation/communication system?
* one man and a few sons can not build a 450 feet long boat that would survive months of rain in the sea without technologically advanced tools,
*any of such boat made of wood would certainly fall apart in the sea, eve without luggage, talk less of when loaded with multitude of animals
*how can all the animals in the world travel to on place, and let alone many species of each animal?? e.g Dogs (more or less you would need 2 of each approximately 150 species of dogs on earth.

the biblical noah story is just a bullshiit copy of older myths.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2015
The story of noah is just a reworking of ancient mesopotamian flood story of gilgemesh..

The jews just love showing yahweh off as a saddistic barbaric serial killer.. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2015
johnydon22:
The story of noah is just a reworking of ancient mesopotamian flood story of gilgemesh..

The jews just love showing yahweh off as a saddistic barbaric serial killer.. grin
It is for the purpose of admonition, of the impending destruction.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 10:08am On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
It is for the purpose of admonition, of the impending destruction.
what
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2015
johnydon22:

what
Yes, that you and I may learn and revert away from evil deeds.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
So the fictious plagiarized myth is to warn you to revert and avoid another (delusional) impending doom?... Seems like yahweh loves threatening people and enjoys serial killings and destruction.. sad

6 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2015
johnydon22:

So the fictious plagiarized myth is to warn you to revert and avoid another (delusional) impending doom?... Seems like yahweh loves threatening people and enjoys serial killings and destruction.. sad
If I may ask you, Which country do you expect to have more brothels? Saudi Arabia or USA? Why?
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 10:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
If I may ask you, Which country do you expect to have more brothels? Saudi Arabia or USA? Why?
what dah fvck has that got to do with the op, seriously do you always do this?

4 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 10:25am On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:

was why God went so far in causing a "global flood" to wipe off man from the surface of the earth? As long as evil people exist after the flood, it shows that He is an under-achiever and His killing of innocent kids, foetus and animals was a waste of life, time and power which consequently makes him a blood-thirsty malevolent big time murderer and finally... a loser; features we wouldn't expect from an all-powerful, all-knowing loving God.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2015
To be more realistic with the bullshiit noah story, lets consider TITANIC:

RMS Titanic
Height:175 Feet
Length: 882 Feet
Width: 92 Feet
Construction: Steel (with technologically advanced tools)
Capacity: 3,547 people , Captain Edward Smith, and enough provisions for a couple of weeks.
Time at sea: 5 days

Noah's Ark
Height: 45 Feet
Length: 450 Feet
Width: 75 Feet
Construction: Wood (nil technologically advanced equipment)
Capacity: Over 50,000 animals, 2 million insects, a 600yrs old man(with no maritime/naval experience) and his family
Time at sea: 7 months

without religion brainwashing, this story won't even make any sense to a 3 yrs old kid with functioning brain.

7 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 10:32am On Mar 27, 2015
johnydon22:

what dah fvck has that got to do with the op, seriously do you always do this?
This is one of the things I dislike about you, why not answer and leave the rest to me angry
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 10:41am On Mar 27, 2015
MrPresident:
To be more realistic with the bullshiit noah story, lets consider TITANIC:

RMS Titanic
Height:175 Feet
Length: 882 Feet
Width: 92 Feet
Construction: Steel (with technologically advanced tools)
Capacity: 3,547 people and enough provisions for a couple of weeks.
Time at sea: 5 days

Noah's Ark
Height: 45 Feet
Length: 450 Feet
Width: 75 Feet
Construction: Wood (nil technologically advanced equipment)
Capacity: Over 50,000 animals, 2 million insects, a 600 hundred year old man and 7 people
Time at sea: 7 months

without religion brainwashing, this story won't even make any sense to a 3 yrs old kid with functioning brain.

More implausibility was the presence of carnivorous animals in the ark.. What did serve as food for 150 days? The only animal of its kind? Then Noah didn't save all the animals in the world (a pair each) as the Bible falsely claims, as some would serve as foods for the carnivores.

4 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by blueyedgeek(m): 10:59am On Mar 27, 2015
I still wonder how only 8 people were able to re-populate the whole earth in just 1600 years.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Pr0ton:

More implausibility was the presence of carnivorous animals in the ark.. What did serve as food for 150 days? The only animal of its kind? Then Noah didn't save all the animals in the world (a pair each) as the Bible falsely claims, as some would serve as foods for the carnivores.

lolz !
about 25,000 species of reptiles, mammals, and birds, with all the extinct ones like dinosaurs, etc.
two of each kind be like approximately 60,000 animals, mainly feeding on plants, how did plants grow to feed them for months.
ok, lets assume noah’s family(7 people) slept in shifts to always be awake to feed them, with many of the animals requiring fresh food each meal,
in 24hrs they must have to provide new food to 2,500 animals an hour? meaning it took less than a second and a half to feed each one.

bullshit story grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2015
MrPresident:

lolz !
about 25,000 species of reptiles, mammals, and birds, with all the extinct ones like dinosaurs, etc.
two of each kind be like approximately 60,000 animals, mainly feeding on plants, how did plants grow to feed them for months.
ok, lets assume noah’s family(7 people) slept in shifts to always be awake to feed them, with many of the animals requiring fresh food each meal,
they must have to provide new food to 2,500 animals an hour? meaning it took less than a second and a half to feed each one.

bullshit story grin

Haha.. They used magic. I think Merlin was one of Noah's sons.

Don't forget Noah made a sacrifice to God after the flood; rendering some other animals extinct.

Like the writer wasn't using his brain when composing the story. Or maybe the Holy Spirit was on serious weed, since it was inspiring the writer grin

11 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by blueyedgeek(m): 11:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Pr0ton:

Haha.. They used magic. I think Merlin was one of Noah's sons.

Don't forget Noah made a sacrifice to God after the flood; rendering some other animals extinct.

Like the writer wasn't using his brain when composing the story. Or maybe the Holy Spirit was on serious weed, since it was inspiring the writer grin
All sins can be forgiven except a sin against the Holy Spirit. The trinity might have arguments about which sins to forgive but there is no argument when it's a sin against the Holy impregnator..... err..... Spirit. The dude isn't just as forgiving as the other two.

2 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 27, 2015
Pr0ton:
The reason why God decided to eliminate man from the face of the earth, as narrated in Gen. 6, was because of his increasing wickedness. And then, if God is Omniscient, one who "declares the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not done" Isa 46:10 and he who "new things he declares; before they spring forth he tells of them" Isa 42:9, definitely knew that wicked people would continue to exist after the flood. Of what use was His flood? undecided

The worst part is killing animals too. We all know the story is not true but the fact that old men like Kumuyi,Oyedepo and fellow grandpa pastor faithfully believe in it is hilarious. If the flood story were true,it will be one of the most stupid acts of the Bible deity.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 11:29am On Mar 27, 2015
Misogynist2014:
This is one of the things I dislike about you, why not answer and leave the rest to me angry
Ok sorry bro abeg no vex... from my own pespective America should have more brothel than saudi.. REASONS: America is 50times larger than saudi, and america is a secular nation not a religious bigoted nation like Saudi..

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 11:29am On Mar 27, 2015
blueyedgeek:
All sins can be forgiven except a sin against the Holy Spirit. The trinity might have arguments about which sins to forgive but there is no argument when it's a sin against the Holy impregnator..... err..... Spirit. The dude isn't just as forgiving as the other two.

Haha.. And they are one? Jesus teaches that his disciples oughta forgive others their wrong. So what business is He having with the unforgiving dude. He should cast him into hell jor. grin Abi, if thy right hand offends thee...
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 11:30am On Mar 27, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by blueyedgeek(m): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2015
Pr0ton:

And why did God require animal sacrifice in the old testament sef? After the flood Noah still had to kill one of the 'saved' animals as sacrifice to his bloodthirsty deity.

4 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 11:35am On Mar 27, 2015
ifeness:

The worst part is killing animals too. We all know the story is not true but the fact that old men like Kumuyi,Oyedepo and fellow grandpa pastor faithfully believe in it is hilarious. If the flood story were true,it will be one of the most stupid acts of the Bible deity.

Why won't they believe it? Their common sense isn't activated, at least not to that extent. And their sense of reasoning hasn't questioned their beliefs yet.

Why won't they delude themselves into believing it? That's no more tithe na.. Business collaspes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 11:38am On Mar 27, 2015
blueyedgeek:
And why did God require animal sacrifice in the old testament sef? After the flood Noah still had to kill one of the 'saved' animals as sacrifice to his bloodthirsty deity.

Really blood-thirsty. And besides, the writer had to spice the story up with a sacrifice, as that was the norm then.

2 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by blueyedgeek(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2015
Pr0ton:

Haha.. And they are one?
Isaiah 55:8

New International Version

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your
ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Interpretation

"Me an you no get the same mind, I dey for heaven, you dey for earth, na me talk am. Wetin you fit do?

Romans 9:18

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy,
and he hardens whom he wants to harden."

Interpretation

"I be God, I fit do anything wey I like, I fit use your life do 9ja bet like Job or make I mind control you like pharaoh come still blame you on top. Why I dey talk all dis one? Because I'm batman........ Sorry God"

Jesus teaches that his disciples oughta forgive others their wrong. So what business is He having with the unforgiving dude. He should cast him into hell jor. grin Abi, if thy right hand offends thee...
They have a deal, Jesus keeps shut and the Holy Spirit doesn't touch Mary Magdalene.

3 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by johnydon22(m): 11:46am On Mar 27, 2015
That moment you realize that some adults actually believe that a couple of penguins walked all the way from antartica to the middle east to get on a boat. you will be like "Mother of god!!! shocked "

9 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2015
Pr0ton:

Why won't they believe it? Their common sense isn't activated, at least not to that extent. And their sense of reasoning hasn't questioned their beliefs yet.

Why won't they delude themselves into believing it? That's no more tithe na.. Business collaspes cheesy

A friend of mine gambled his full salary in the betting shop yesterday. He lost everything and started crying. I felt for him because he will be the shiit for a month until he said if he had known,he would have put everything in the offering box.then I realized he was an institutionalized brainwashed slave. Slave to a pastor and betting shop is the worst hell anyone could imagine.

5 Likes

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 27, 2015
ifeness:

not just animals, what about innocent children, new born babies, etc. yahweh just wiped everyone out without thinking,

those men u mentioned are nothing but business men.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
MrPresident:

not just animals, what about innocent children, new born babies, etc. yahweh just wiped everyone out without thinking,

those men u mentioned are nothing but business men.

True brother. I still cannot understand how Kumuyi stand there defending this evil acts of his God.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Pr0ton: 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
blueyedgeek:

Isaiah 55:8

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your
ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Interpretation

"Me an you no get the same mind, I dey for heaven, you dey for earth, na me talk am. Wetin you fit do?

Romans 9:18

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy,
and he hardens whom he wants to harden."

Interpretation

"I be God, I fit do anything wey I like, I fit use your life do 9ja bet like Job or make I mind control you like pharaoh come still blame you on top. Why I dey talk all dis one? Because I'm batman........ Sorry God"

They have a deal, Jesus keeps shut and the Holy Spirit doesn't touch Mary Magdalene.

Lol undecided
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok sorry bro abeg no vex... from my own pespective America should have more brothel than saudi.. REASONS: America is 50times larger than saudi, and america is a secular nation not a strict religious nation like Saudi..
You smartly dodged the point I wanted from you, but you are not that smart, are you? Are you simply telling me that since you are not religious, if you see your girlfriend, whom its obvious you are in love with in a brothel, you'll skip it? Its part part of fun, isn't it? Thanks to @bolded that you know that it is a strict religious nation and its because of its strictness that it has maintained its 6 AD culture and maintained its human dignity. That is why God is strict with man, without being strict, man would have turned miserable.
Re: Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
He did that for fun....Just to keep up his image.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Everyone Pray For Sonofluc1fer Who's On NAIRALAND, He Is POSSESSED.. / Pastor Chris: Activate The Power In You / INTERVIEW With Ex-muslim Christian - Pastor Matthew ASHIMOLOWO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.