Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart (10915 Views)

How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview / Nairalanders Which Job Site In Nigeria Is The Best So I Could Get A Job.? / Naomi Seselja- What Applicants Say In An Interview That Can Get Them Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by faith2ogesco(m): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
owolabiza:
Continuation...

We planned leaving Onitsha for Ibadan d next day........
I couldn't sleep all thru d night,i was surfing for inmation's about d company both on nairaland and on linkedin. I also had to download some online materials on how to answer interview questions... it was a great learning process....
on the next day:
We all met at d toll gate linking delta to Onitsha,just to get a cheaper bus to Ibadan (All transporters like God is good and others cost die and alawee alert Neva enta). we boarded a sienna bus at a cheaper rate to Ibadan..
it was really an interesting trip...we cracked jokes,had fun fun fun......wen we got to Benin,d Human resource manager called us individually to inquire about our movement and attendance.......
on getting to Ib,I had 2 make some calls for a place to scot till d next day...we all slept in Ui hostel...
Next day
We woke up early,took our bath and departed to challenge,from challenge we took a bike to d companies head office along d industrial planning way.
On getting dre,I was so amazed with their gigantic building ,it was a big company recognised abroad.....
We registered and proceeded to d interview room,we were first told to fill a form which indicates d state u coming from..our names were called one after d other....
Main info
I was initilaaly shivering (as an otondo nw),I just had to be brave and smart.........
At exactly 10am,It was my turn to be interviewed,
It was a panel of 2 interviewers,I met a white young lady and a black guy on suit.
my CV was on their table,.....this was our conversations
Me:good morning ma/sir
inte : sitdwn
inte: tell us about yourself?

me:.. I sharply comport myself....I told DM my name,my skills,my strength and others(.best answers on questions about itself).
inte: d guy was amazed wit my reply
inte: d lady asked dis great question,,,,y is address of ur CV states Lagos while u did ur exam at Onitsha,wats d correlation?
me: oboy,I start to shake,I was kind of confused whether to say d truth or to lie..
I sha said d truth DAT I was still serving and I wld be done in sum weeks...since Feb dn near
Nairalanders,d next thing I heard was SORRY THIS APPOINTMENT WAS MEANT FOR PPLE WU HAVE COMPLETED D NYSC.......I tried to convince her DAT I wld be done in a couple of weeks..she say lailai............
I no know wen tears comot for my eyes.....she no even look face...she said she can't help,she also asked of my age,I told Her 24,she now said the company recruits ever year..and max age for d graduate trainee is 25..I can try my luck next year....
I asked if I wld have any preferential treatment since have gotten to d last stage,she replied wit a NO,.............
I come sharply comot wit red eye........I try form normal make my friends no ask wetin hapn...I told them it was fine..........
d receptionist told me to wait for tfare, I was given 7k as tfare
I sharply enta tantalizer wey dey challenge bustop
..I comot tie,I bought amala wit borrokoto chop.......I also controlled my gf wey dey Ib,we flex d money 2geda...........Man cannot kill himself now!!!

pls don't mind my typographical errors......

am on Transit..
Imagine..my God..... White pple are strict sha. But dem no Reach indians... Dose guys re evil... Ma olams and den nbc interview with indians loading....... I get phobia for dem now sef.. Mtcheew
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by XtraSmooth404: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
boys dey hustle sha grin
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by owolabiza(m): 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
luchee:
i feel ur pain bro...saro right?
u right,u sef dey d film now.....I guess we wrote d test 2geda @ Onitsha.......

1 Like

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by faith2ogesco(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
boys dey hustle sha grin
mugu.lol
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by FreshNaijaBoy(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
owolabiza:
Continuation...

I couldn't sleep all thru d night,i was surfing for information's about d company both on nairaland and on linkedin. I also had to download some online materials on how to answer interview questions... it was a great learning process....
on the next day:
We all met at d toll gate linking delta to Onitsha,just to get a cheaper bus to Ibadan (All transporters like God is good and others cost die and alawee alert Neva enta). we boarded a sienna bus at a cheaper rate to Ibadan..
it was really an interesting trip...we cracked jokes,had fun fun fun......wen we got to Benin,d Human resource manager called us individually to inquire about our movement and attendance.......
on getting to Ib,I had 2 make some calls for a place to scot till d next day...we all slept in Ui hostel...
Next day
We woke up early,took our bath and departed to challenge,from challenge we took a bike to d companies head office along d industrial planning way.
On getting dre,I was so amazed with their gigantic building ,it was a big company recognised abroad.....
We registered and proceeded to d interview room,we were first told to fill a form which indicates d state u coming from..our names were called one after d other....
Main info
I was initilaaly shivering (as an otondo nw),I just had to be brave and smart.........
It was a panel of 2 interviewers,I met a white young lady and a black guy on suit.

me:.. I sharply comport myself....I told DM my name,my skills,my strength and others(.best answers on questions about itself).
inte: d lady asked dis great question,,,,y is address of ur CV states Lagos while u did ur exam at Onitsha,wats d correlation?
me: oboy,I start to shake,I was kind of confused whether to say d truth or to lie..
I sha said d truth DAT I was still serving and I wld be done in sum weeks...since Feb dn near
Nairalanders,d next thing I heard was SORRY THIS APPOINTMENT WAS MEANT FOR PPLE WU HAVE COMPLETED D NYSC.......I tried to convince her DAT I wld be done in a couple of weeks..she say lailai............
I no know wen tears comot for my eyes.....she no even look face...she said she can't help,she also asked of my age,I told Her 24,she now said the company recruits ever year..and max age for d graduate trainee is 25..I can try my luck next year....
I asked if I wld have any preferential treatment since have gotten to d last stage,she replied wit a NO,.............
I come sharply comot wit red eye........I try form normal make my friends no ask wetin hapn...I told them it was fine..........
..I comot tie,I bought amala wit borrokoto chop.......I also controlled my gf wey dey Ib,we flex d money 2geda...........Man cannot kill himself now!!!

am on Transit..

sorry Bro.... feel your pain.
But the amala and brokoto got me laughing hard!!!
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by owolabiza(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
FreshNaijaBoy:

sorry Bro.... feel your pain.
But the amala and brokoto got me laughing hard!!!
lol......wetin man pikin go do....I just have to fuel my tank....

2 Likes

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by mayorde(m): 2:53am On Mar 30, 2015
Strictly following. Still serving though but have gotten a number of regret mails. The most painful is from pwc. Have written only one apptitude test(Hilton Finnesse) and it is likely I failed it since I didnt make it to the next stage. Guess this will motivate me to work or pray harder
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by Emmaesty(f): 3:43am On Mar 30, 2015
mayorde:
Strictly following. Still serving though but have gotten a number of regret mails. The most painful is from pwc. Have written only one apptitude test(Hilton Finnesse) and it is likely I failed it since I didnt make it to the next stage. Guess this will motivate me to work or pray harder
What stage did you get to in Pwc?
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by mayorde(m): 4:03am On Mar 30, 2015
How will I describe it. Will I say the cv stage. Was not invited for test nor interview
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by rhazur(m): 6:57am On Mar 30, 2015
owolabiza:
Continuation...

I couldn't sleep all thru d night,i was surfing for information's about d company both on nairaland and on linkedin. I also had to download some online materials on how to answer interview questions... it was a great learning process....
on the next day:
Next day
Main info

am on Transit..
Omo Alhaja.....we get talk oo
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by Emmaesty(f): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2015
mayorde:
How will I describe it. Will I say the cv stage. Was not invited for test nor interview
Painful
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by owolabiza(m): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2015
rhazur:

Omo Alhaja.....we get talk oo
boss of life........ehn ehn,holla at ur aburo on 07065729525

1 Like

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by dammie4j(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
I've really not loved to make comments on Nairaland Job/Vacancies section, but i just cannot ignore sharing my Job search ordeal either, after reading that of some fellow compatriots.

KPMG has always been a place where i has wanted to kick-start my professional career, being one of the big4 audit firms in the world, i happened to get a invite from them around April last year. Just an invite seemed to me like i already had gotten a job offer from the firm. It was the position of a graduate trainee. My passion for the firm informed my astute preparation for each stage of the recruitment process. I wouldn't be able to go in depth into the the various stages cos i really don't have that luxury of time with the pile-up of work here.

Disclaimer: should you have any issues with comprehending my write-up. Apologies in advance. grin

I'll be back soon
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by unofficial(m): 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2015
dammie4j:
I've really not loved to make comments on Nairaland Job/Vacancies section, but i just cannot ignore sharing my Job search ordeal either, after reading that of some fellow compatriots.

Share.......we dey wait
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by dammie4j(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2015
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by dammie4j(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2015
I really went out of my way in preparing really hard for the aptitude test which was the first stage in the process and being one of my major and first aptitude test, i went all-suited up (really unnecessary), @ first the atmosphere was tense, with a whole lot of applicants. I eventually eased off the tension when i began to meet old colleagues while we discussed varying topic. Unfortunately that day i was refused taking the test due to the means of I.D i presented @ d verification point by the very resolute HR folks of KPMG.

I was sweating profusely on in my suit with so much pressure and disappointment. Indeed, i will say it was one of my greatest disappointment considering the level of efforts exuded in my preparation. This anyways wasn't the ultimate many thanks to the passion and zeal i put up subsequently.

BRB

2 Likes

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by owolabiza(m): 6:29am On Mar 31, 2015
dammie4j:
I really went out of my way in preparing really hard for the aptitude test which was the first stage in the process and being one of my major and first aptitude test, i went all-suited up (really unnecessary), @ first the atmosphere was tense, with a whole lot of applicants. I eventually eased off the tension when i began to meet old colleagues while we discussed varying topic. Unfortunately that day i was refused taking the test due to the means of I.D i presented @ d verification point by the very resolute HR folks of KPMG.
I was sweating profusely on in my suit with so much pressure and disappointment. Indeed, i will say it was one of my greatest disappointment considering the level of efforts exuded in my preparation. This anyways wasn't the ultimate many thanks to the passion and zeal i put up subsequently.
BRB

am really interested too,I just scaled thru d first stage,expecting a mail for the assessment center.
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by dammie4j(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Sorry I took very long before updating my boring story, Naija Politicking of course. I eventually had to write the KPMG's HR to seek for such rare platform in re-taking the test so as to showcase excellence in pursuance of developing a career with them. I also claimed responsibility for the inadequacies of the means of ID i presented. After about a month or two, i got another invite which happened to be the last test conducted for last year's recruitment exercise, we had it @ their office in VI.

During the initial verification, i presented my NIMC slip which was still turned down despite being accepted @ the first test conducted in unilag. I also didn't want those HR folks recognize that i was the same guy dat had same ID issues cos it was d same set of people. I almost lost that chance only for divine intervention that i had one of my ICAN forms that revealed my DOB and captures my picture.

I had to use the rest-room to ease my self off the tension before taking the test. Of course i could predict the outcome of the test and essay.

Now AC stage for Audit, i really didn't know what to expect cos i had not discovered Nairaland, still i prepared based on the hint that was given to us alongside the AC invite. My best moment was the Panel interview, i really was on top as one of the panelists could'nt hide her emotions as i tactically answered all the questions most especially the technical ones. I also loved the analytical exercise tho i wasnt able to finish up, but was sure of a very high score. The group exercise was normal, at least i made some meaningful contribution and i kept the time.

Finally, while on my way, i got a notification form the HR lady in charge of the exercise, despite being sure of making it, my heart beat kept pounding till i finally opened it and got the success mail.

At this time, my dream of working with KPMG was taking shape.

BRB Election result on ma mind.
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by dammie4j(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2015
Upon the success mail, i tried to contact some other folks i exchanged contact with @ the AC but non of them scaled thro. So i was still on my own. I was advised on the mail to expedite the submission of my transcript which i did and got an acknowledgement of receipt from their HR. About a week later, i was invited for the partner Interview which seemed to be the final stage. At this point, i did my best to go out of the usual by keeping abreast of knowledge with recent economic, capital market, IFRS and a whole lot of happenings around the world that revolves around finance and politics.

I was scheduled for 4pm, upon arrival, i met a guy who was also for 3pm but hasn't commenced even as at 3:45pm we discussed a lot of issues before he was finally invited for his @ almost 5pm, after about an hour, he returned with a stressful look on his face. I tried to get some info from him but he really didn't disclose much as he just told me that it wasn't easy. @ ds point, i became very uneasy and anxious.

I was then called upon by one of the front desk ladies at few minutes past 5 for mine. While on the lift, i had to do my best to control the tension i felt. On arrival @ the office, he offered me a sit and requested i shut the door. With a long breath, he immediately gave me a sheet asking me to note my observations while i sat for hours @ the front desk in 10mins, I was at first confused, but while he offered me his pen, i politely turned down the offer by informing him that i also had mine. As a sharp guy, i used like 30sec. find my pen which i used in buying extra time in thinking and composing my thoughts. I talked about their HSE policy in a glass frame on the wall which reveals their high emphasis on the safety of their staff members. Also made mention of their due process in attending to clients and visitors as exhibited by the front desk officers and bla bla bla. He read through my write up and dropped it in a file.

Throughout the interview, he never showed emotions. The technical questions he asked were about Fair value treatment and IFRS position. This happened to be my strong point so i delivered as expected. I was quite impressed about my performance after the interview. In about two weeks time, i got a success mail, however, we were also informed that we were to be bench marked alongside other successful candidates. This wasn't a challenge to me cos from all parameters, i felt i had a better chance as against other applicants considering my professional path, the process so far, and a working experience i a medium sized Accounting firm. All of which were filled in the Graduate Trainee Form.

The regret mail then rolled in on the 16th of August while i was in my bestie's bday party getting high with great expectations from my choicest firm. I their word " Dear ***, U would appreciate the fact that we go through a difficult process selecting among suitably qualified candidates. We however regret bla Bla bla" You know d rest grin. I almost broke down that day. How on earth could this be after giving my best shot and coming this far. It was very painful, i of course cannot question their decision cos i know after a high level of objectivity, some level of subjectivity in selection process cannot be undermined. But I'm still happy cos i recovered fast and have not lost track. Many thanks to the very good people that gave me all the support and encouragement.

Cheers!!! cool

12 Likes

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by DaGeneral(m): 12:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
Mine was twice with NLNG..First in 2010 4Trainee Electrical Officer..On arrival we were paid transport allowances cash on d spot, I was blown away by everything I was seeing in Sanusi Fafunwa being my first multinational interview..tried forming gist with some school mates I met there but Bros I was already sweating under d well serviced ac,one after d other we were called,3persons to me n it was lunch time,we were allowed to eat at their canteen,me partaking big mistake..I so downloaded d egusi soup with chicken n fish dancing galala that when I got back brodas I don lazy..when it eventually got to my turn, it was obvious I needed an amplifier to enhance my voice,3 blacks with British accent n a core Briton being d technical guy who actually spoke thru his nose,it was distorting dat one of d guys noticed dat I cant comprehend him n started repeating his questions 4me to grasp..I was so confused dat when asked “is ur diesel generator gas driven or motor driven..?without thoughts I told him motor driven..Damn who on earth drives a diesel gen with a motor..? me ofcourse..at d end we will get back to u,surely dey did but with a regret mail..
The second was 2012 for the position of technical trainee..
Aced the aptitude as usual,got to eco hotels n changed immediately cos I came from work..settled in got to my turn,was doing very well n happy until d demons whispered to d HSE guy,he pointed to a corner n asked what can u see,a gas cooker n kettle placed on it,very well he said..what are d components of fire..Heat,Oxygen n Air...whaat.it was like NEPA took light n on restoring it ur TV is gone..I was looking 4 my confidence,phew its gone..with high hopes I opened their mail since friends dat i believed i did better dan were receiving invite 4medicals n it was sorry again,applied in2013 n dey humbly told me am over aged..

7 Likes

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by faith2ogesco(m): 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2015
DaGeneral:
Mine was twice with NLNG..First in 2010 4Trainee Electrical Officer..On arrival we were paid transport allowances cash on d spot, I was blown away by everything I was seeing in Sanusi Fafunwa being my first multinational interview..tried forming gist with some school mates I met there but Bros I was already sweating under d well serviced ac,one after d other we were called,3persons to me n it was lunch time,we were allowed to eat at their canteen,me partaking big mistake..I so downloaded d egusi soup with chicken n fish dancing galala that when I got back brodas I don lazy..when it eventually got to my turn, it was obvious I needed an amplifier to enhance my voice,3 blacks with British accent n a core Briton being d technical guy who actually spoke thru his nose,it was distorting dat one of d guys noticed dat I cant comprehend him n started repeating his questions 4me to grasp..I was so confused dat when asked “is ur diesel generator gas driven or motor driven..?without thoughts I told him motor driven..Damn who on earth drives a diesel gen with a motor..? me ofcourse..at d end we will get back to u,surely dey did but with a regret mail..
The second was 2012 for the position of technical trainee..
Aced the aptitude as usual,got to eco hotels n changed immediately cos I came from work..settled in got to my turn,was doing very well n happy until d demons whispered to d HSE guy,he pointed to a corner n asked what can u see,a gas cooker n kettle placed on it,very well he said..what are d components of fire..Heat,Oxygen n Air...whaat.it was like NEPA took light n on restoring it ur TV is gone..I was looking 4 my confidence,phew its gone..with high hopes I opened their mail since friends dat i believed i did better dan were receiving invite 4medicals n it was sorry again,applied in2013 n dey humbly told me am over aged..
guy ur story dey painful but e funny die.. Lol.. No mind me jor
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by phetty(m): 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
So far, I've learnt to include the 'usual biodata' in my CV. E be like say na the American style I dey use too. How come coys haven't complained about my CV though?

Still learning from the bosses...

My interview experiences come later...BEDC and Saro...Both were really heartbreaking
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by aceswagg: 8:30am On Apr 01, 2015
KPMG.. geezus after passing that test with thousands of peeps and the next stage. Just drop regret mail. Gbam. I Kan dey wonder if I no sabi write essay.
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by XtraSmooth404: 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
phetty:
So far, I've learnt to include the 'usual biodata' in my CV. E be like say na the American style I dey use too. How come coys haven't complained about my CV though?

Still learning from the bosses...

My interview experiences come later...BEDC and Saro...Both were really heartbreaking
we are waiting grin
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by faith2ogesco(m): 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

we are waiting grin
U nko undecided ? I am waiting
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Reading interesting but educating stories from my bosses here and I knw say I never reach anywhere cool I don suffer for many recruiters' hands for dis naija crybuh lemme share my 1st experience...

Just arrived from obodo hausa after service feeling like a fresh hotcake in d job market na so I receive mail from one microfinance bank I applied to in ibadan where I stay...went for d test and aced it after which I was invited for the panel interview(I applied for audit assistant). Got there and I met a 3-man panel(all young men I was excited and as a fine geh I dey feel fly grin)we were getting along real well and it was really fun as it was just like a chat(but I noticed one of them didn't really seem to like me or maybe...). Finally d "ekwesu" in d man woke up and this was d nxt convo:

Mr macho: so you studied accounting and finished with a 2.1?
Me: yes sir(still grinning)
Mr macho:very well then tell me how to calculate depreciation for fixed assets under IAS16
Me:(Silence...then I begin dey blab)
Mr macho:thank you we will get back to u
Chai!me wey no remember d last time wey I carry book read...of course u can guess d rest of d story grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by Kevinoh: 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
My own experience was with oiltest group in ph. I applied for the position of Trainee Field technologist which was advertised for mechanical and electrical engineers. After passing the test I was invited for an interview about two weeks later. I packaged myself and my cv very well hoping for the best. When it was my turn for the interview, I walked in to meet a 5-man panel with the director siting directly opposite me on the other end of the large spherical table in their conference room.

Director: May we meet u?
Me: My name is ......( I said all the need full)

Director: From your cv I can see you have some HSE courses
Me: Yes sir (smiling sheepishly)

Director: Are you an Engineer or a safety officer?
Me: Puzzled by the question, I replied " I'm a Mechanical engineer sir, but I understand the importance of safety especially in the oil & gas industry.

Director: Your cv says you have a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering
Me: Yes sir that's correct

Director: Hmm, where did u see this job advert?
Me: I saw it online sir

Director: What did u see when you saw the advert?
Me: I stated all the requirements I remember including a minimum of HND in either mechanical or electrical engineering

Director: Sorry we want only HND engineers, thank you.

I left feeling disappointed asking myself whether it was a crime for me to have done those HSE courses I did and also when minimum of HND meant strictly for HND undecided

The most annoying thing was that we had submitted all our credentials both at the application stage and the accreditation stage just before the interview. How come I was invited for the test in the first place and wasn't also disqualified during accreditation cry

Honestly it too me a while to get over it. smiley Smh

1 Like

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by faith2ogesco(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
Kevinoh:
My own experience was with oiltest group in ph. I applied for the position of Trainee Field technologist which was advertised for mechanical and electrical engineers. After passing the test I was invited for an interview about two weeks later. I packaged myself and my cv very well hoping for the best. When it was my turn for the interview, I walked in to meet a 5-man panel with the director siting directly opposite me on the other end of the large spherical table in their conference room.

Director: May we meet u?
Me: My name is ......( I said all the need full)

Director: From your cv I can see you have some HSE courses
Me: Yes sir (smiling sheepishly)

Director: Are you an Engineer or a safety officer?
Me: Puzzled by the question, I replied " I'm a Mechanical engineer sir, but I understand the importance of safety especially in the oil & gas industry.

Director: Your cv says you have a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering
Me: Yes sir that's correct

Director: Hmm, where did u see this job advert?
Me: I saw it online sir

Director: What did u see when you saw the advert?
Me: I stated all the requirements I remember including a minimum of HND in either mechanical or electrical engineering

Director: Sorry we want only HND engineers, thank you.

I left feeling disappointed asking myself whether it was a crime for me to have done those HSE courses I did and also when minimum of HND meant strictly for HND undecided

The most annoying thing was that we had submitted all our credentials both at the application stage and the accreditation stage just before the interview. How come I was invited for the test in the first place and wasn't also disqualified during accreditation cry

Honestly it too me a while to get over it. smiley Smh
ok dis one dey pain
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by phetty(m): 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

we are waiting grin

Get ready to grab your copy...still brewing the scenes

1 Like

Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by dammie4j(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
phetty:

We are waiting... grin
Re: Which Job Interview That You Didnt Scale Through Almost Broke Your Heart by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
phetty:

Are you the *phetty* I know...or not...
If you release your copy, kindly end it with *the cool cash* you're earning now!!!
Watching you in 6D....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

So People Do Finish Answering All Questions In Aptitude Test (say, Dragnet) / Unicem Apt Test / After Losing Your Job Steps To Get Back On Track

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.