Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures (28228 Views)

2015 Elections Highest Number Of Court Nullified Elections Nigeria's History / With Presidential Elections, Nigeria Wins. But It Loses, Too. / Controversial Charly Boy On The Elections, “nigeria Needs A Benevolent Dictator” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
These are some of the best photos from the final week of campaigning before we all as patriotic Nigerians align out to perform what should arguably be the toughest test yet in the history of this country. This is your obligation and my obligation, vote and say no to violence.

Pls vote wisely.

1. A comedian dances at a rally of Nigeria's ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) in the south-western town of Akure ahead of Saturday's presidential and parliamentary poll. Analysts say the vote is evenly split, with the result too close to call but the PDP is confident that it will win its first once more.

2. The opposition All Progressive Congress (APC) is also confident of victory. Here, its supporters wave brooms in northern Bauchi city to signal their determination to sweep to power in Africa's most populous state.

3. This man wears a mask of President Goodluck Jonathan in the commercial capital, Lagos. He is facing a strong challenge from Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler who hopes to return to office as an elected president.

4. Here, a vendor sells sunglasses at his roadside shop in front of posters of the bespectacled Gen Buhari. He is campaigning under the slogan "change".

5. Gen Buhari and Mr Jonathan have also been courting traditional rulers, who wield influence over voters. These traditional rulers met the president in Owerri in south-east Nigeria, in the final days of campaigning....

6. The election has been marred by militant Islamist group Boko Haram's six-year insurgency in the north-east. Here, a woman lies in a makeshift hospital in Maiduguri, the former headquarters of Boko Haram...

7. The militants have been in retreat since regional forces launched an offensive earlier this year to recapture territory. In this photo, a Nigerian soldier is seen entering a building in Bama town. The building was used by the militants as a prison, before they the fled.

8. This woman in the capital, Abuja, buys meat at a market. Some Nigerians have been stocking up on food, amid fears that the election could trigger violence.

9. Meanwhile in Lagos, a man is seen drawing water from a well while a woman washes dishes. Despite the country being Africa's main oil producer, most Nigerians are poor, hoping that the party they vote for will improve their lives.

Image Credit

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
God help this nation.

Nigeria will be liberated soon. Change is inevitable. Its the only constant thing in life.

Sai Buhari.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
Xbabangida:
God help this nation.

Nigeria will be liberated soon. Change is inevitable. Its the only constant thing in life.

Sai Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
Xbabangida:
God help this nation.

Sai Buhari.

[size=15pt]Sai Buhari[/size]

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 11:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
I'm impressed by what I'm seeing. I'm not too confident of where the wind is blowing to, I hope to see it 'change'.

Meanwhile, control ur tongues, some folks here r saying they're suspecting some rookie-looking peeps to be DSS black agents. #votenotfight
God Bless Nigeria.

Meanwhile, I like that ṣoja's pose.....8-)

10 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
I'm impressed by what I'm seeing. I'm not too confident of where the wind is blowing to, I hope to see it 'change'.

Meanwhile, control ur tongues, some folks here r saying they're suspecting some rookie-looking peeps to be DSS black agents. #votenotfight
God Bless Nigeria.

Meanwhile, I like that ṣoja's pose..... 8-)

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:

God Bless Nigeria.

Meanwhile, I like that ṣoja's pose..... 8-)

Good, hope you have your PVC's you know what to do tomorrow or today depending on the time you are reading this....

Best Regards.

#SaiBuhari

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by HitlerGaddafi: 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

Good, hope you have your PVC's you know what to do tomorrow or today depending on the time you are reading this....

Best Regards.

#SaiBuhari

PVC's ? grin. Vote once and go home remember.

Sai Buhari

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by macpetrus(m): 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
Nice One..... Transformation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by HitlerGaddafi: 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
Look how GEJ looks confused even in a mask.

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Sannu Lalasticlala, seun , ishilove moderators Gafara dai front page na ? undecided . Ban gane ba let Nigerians see this. Mu kwana lafiya.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by lilbabyak(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
calm down and

vote

GMB

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by medamillion(m): 12:48am On Mar 28, 2015
THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU VOTE

Who is Jonathan to Nigeria nd Nigerians, When Jonathan was a deputy governor in bayelsa state, Calamity befall Alamesiegha. When he was d vice president of Nigeria, Calamity befall Yaradua. Now he is d present president of Nigeria, a lot of calamity is befallen Nigeria, More than 100,000 of Nigerians are now refugees in neighbouring country, Over 13,000 have died in d hand of boko haram, fuel from 65 to 97, nepa tariffs going higher, Dana air crash, Agagu plane crash, yakowa and Azazi crash, Taraba state Governor Danbaba Suntai plane crash and lost memory, Two military helicopter crash, corruption everywhere, Impunity,thuggery,kidnapping,insecurity everywhere, 16 is greater than 19, 7 house of assembly members out of 26 impeached their speaker, brigandage master fayose and his thugs beat up judge inside court, To mention but few. JONATHAN is a Calamity which any Nation should Resist.

Vote for Betterment of Naija
Vote for CHANGE
Vote GMB/PYO
VOTE APC

25 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by Firefire(m): 12:48am On Mar 28, 2015
grin
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by ayusco85(m): 12:48am On Mar 28, 2015
after all the campaign, propaganda, lies, violence and election fever, in the end, true true Na #Godwin
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by blessedvisky(m): 12:50am On Mar 28, 2015
Great people of NL, today is the day we finally decided the future of this great country!! The long awaited presidential elections are finally here. Let's see what the results would look like today for the two main contenders.

CLICK LIKE FOR GMB AND SHARE FOR GEJ cool

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by idrisolaide(m): 12:50am On Mar 28, 2015
Time for Change..

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by titall: 12:51am On Mar 28, 2015
Post-UTME Cut-off Marks for 2015/2016 Admission (All Schools)

www.proudlyweb.com/post-utme-cut-off-marks-for-20152016-admission-all-schools/
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by olusledge: 12:51am On Mar 28, 2015
The change is already here

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by Rawani: 12:52am On Mar 28, 2015
We are Beautiful people. Vote Change for a United Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by Abayor7: 12:52am On Mar 28, 2015
oya nau

I AM VOTING BABA #BUHARI

are you?

11 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by tucky200(m): 12:53am On Mar 28, 2015
Sai baba
Sai buhari
Hit like if u believe in change

16 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by zinachidi(m): 12:54am On Mar 28, 2015
twale!! GEJ for transformation.

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by LordMecuzy(m): 12:54am On Mar 28, 2015
That Women on the Bed...

Damn......her looks... Bokoharam it can never be well with U...

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by Decryptor(m): 12:55am On Mar 28, 2015
@ the last picture...even in Dubai with all their wealth, people still draw water from wells. Get an education, work hard and improve your life rather than gallivanting your time away when you have the opportunity and come out certificateless like Buhari and expect Govt to better your life.

The D-day is finally here...I can't wait to see Mumuhamadu Buhari cry again on tv after he has been humiliated. Osibanjo might suffer a stroke and Tinubu will quench from high BP.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 28, 2015
Fani Kayode

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures by MurdaForker(m): 12:59am On Mar 28, 2015
Sai Buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Group Knocks Soyinka, Falana, Others Over Comments On Sowore’s Arrest / Tonto Dikeh Joins APC, Dumps ADC / Nigerians Will Rather Commit Suicide Than Act - Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.