Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) (2068 Views)

17 Childhood Memories Those Born In The 90's Can Relate To. Enjoy / Man Backs A Baby With Wrapper At Bus Stop In Lagos This Morning / Woman Delivers A Bible And A Baby In Osun State - NTA [PICS+VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by reportnaija(m): 5:38am On Mar 28, 2015
A strange birth has occurred at a maternity centre (name withheld) in Ilesa, Osun State. A woman gave birth to a baby, apparently with a medical condition that made it appear as if there were two horns on its head.

According to Saturday Tribune, which published photos of the strange baby, the birth of the baby filled the area with tension.

“It is true the baby was born,” the proprietress of the maternity centre spoke to the news platform’s reporter who visited the hospital. She only spoke on condition of anonymity.
She said that the woman who gave birth to the deformed baby was “about 25 years old and she has been without a child for three years.”
“This woman lives in one of the farm settlements on the outskirt of Ilesa. She registered for antenatal service here. So, when she wanted to put to bed, her relatives rushed her here to deliver the baby.
“But we were shocked to the marrow when she eventually delivered the baby with two horns on the head after going into labour for some hours. By the time she was delivered of the baby, it was already dead and we had to separate it from the placenta.
“I have never seen such a terrible creature in my life. So, we helped to pack the dead baby and the placenta and handed them over to them before they left our premises. It was indeed a fearful development and we were saddened about it.
“This is not something we can celebrate. So, I ordered by nurses and other attendants to keep their mouth shut over the incident. But, I am very surprised how you people got to know about it and came here to inquire about it. I do not want anyone to make something unnecessary out of this or create problems for us here,” she stated.

When asked about the whereabouts of the woman who was delivered of the baby, the proprietress declined to give details.
From the picture, the baby could have suffered from a type of crouzon syndrome, an autosomal dominant genetic disorder known as a branchial arch syndrome associated with gene mutation. It occurs in 1.6 out of every 100,000 people

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/33088-baby-with-two-horns-born-in-osun

Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by Nobody: 5:44am On Mar 28, 2015
Wow shocked
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by omotoyiwa(f): 5:45am On Mar 28, 2015
Blood of Jesus,na wa o.
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 28, 2015
OP mind urself oooo, dat tin looks like a doll..
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by Davidson267(m): 5:59am On Mar 28, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by alberto2k(m): 6:08am On Mar 28, 2015
tonywirelex:
OP mind urself oooo, dat tin looks like a doll..
bruh, you got sharp eyes + a sound brain wink
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by izuch(m): 6:15am On Mar 28, 2015
NA wa oh
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by Erukuomoibadan: 6:22am On Mar 28, 2015
What ?
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by shyshally(f): 6:41am On Mar 28, 2015
I don't know why cases like this are getting quite rampant around the north.I think the defect was from the brain.the babys brain wasn't fully developed,the frontal lobe specifically,its called anencephaly.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anencephaly
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 28, 2015
The child looks like GEJ
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by CertifiedFreak(m): 6:45am On Mar 28, 2015
UFO sights. Aliens are taking over.
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by pretydiva(f): 6:52am On Mar 28, 2015
O.m.g. Fnk God d baby didn't survive. Cos nobody wld ve accepted him, not even d mother. Na wa oo..after 9 mnths of stress n pains,dis is d end result. This won't b our portion in jesus name
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by julietchic(f): 6:59am On Mar 28, 2015
blood of Jesus, I reject it in d name of Jesus. Amen.
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by AbuMikey(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2015
Holy Zeus! shocked
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by xynerise: 7:06am On Mar 28, 2015
The woman probably slept with the oracle
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by Islie: 7:20am On Mar 28, 2015
This looks scary man
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 28, 2015
This is just a CONGENITAL BIRTH MALFORMATION called ANENCEPHALY( absence of brain)...
Some also present as MICROCEPHALY ( small head)..
Most of these babies fail to pull through.
Most are born as STILL BIRTH..

WOMEN at risk of this are..
1)Ladies exposed to incessant drugs during pregnancy.
2)Ladies getting pregnant at OLDER AGE..
3)Ladies residing in a highly industrial area.
4)Ladies who are in contact with HYDROCARBONS.
5)Ladies who lack enough FOLIC ACID.

So, PLEASE those are not HORNS.
JUST ENCOURAGE the MOTHER , she needs it now especially if close to her.
Ogaa, husband just encourage her as well..DON'T SCOLD her..

2 Likes

Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by JayTeeA(f): 7:58am On Mar 28, 2015
wooooaw shocked ..Nw dats scary.. looks like something out of space.. I believe there's a scientific explanation... I'm tempted to thnk God he/she dint survive.. that woud av been a lot to deal wit
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by johnstar(m): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2015
jesus christ, choi
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by DrAify(f): 8:37am On Mar 28, 2015
Anencephaly
Re: Baby With Two Horns Born In Osun (Photos) by donjuviam(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2015
maybe he was born by a hunter, cause cause it look like a wild animal. God have mercy

(1) (Reply)

Between Polygamy And Gayism, Which Would You Choose? / Strange Income Husband / Is This Right In A Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.