Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP (2217 Views)

Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen / My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan / Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by ellechrystal(f): 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/28/buhari-says-military-plans-to-rig-for-pdp/

Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari, says the federal government intends to use soldiers who will be dressed as Department of State Services, DSS, operatives to rig Saturday’s election in the south-west in favour of the ruling Peoples Democratic party, PDP.

This was as he requested President Goodluck Jonathan to call “his errant security agencies” to order in the spirit of the Abuja Accord. He also urged Jonathan to make it clear to the security agencies that acts capable of undermining the electoral process were sanctionable.

“I call on President Goodluck Jonathan to immediately call the errant security agencies to order, in the spirit of the peace accords. The president should make it clear that any security agent who engages in acts that are inimical to the success of the elections will face the full wrath of the law,” he said.

Stressing that the accords were of the great significance to him, Buhari urged his counterpart to live up to its terms.

According to the APC flag bearer, “I take these accords very seriously, and this has reflected in the issues-based campaign which I ran all through the period of electioneering campaign, despite the provocative and sleazy campaign directed at my person and my party.”

Noting that recent developments across the country, preparatory to Saturday’s elections, run fowl of the contents and spirit of the peace accords, he said, “For example, the ink with which we signed the new peace accord had barely dried when we started hearing reports of violence directed against members of our party, the All Progressives Congress, APC, as well as glaring acts of harassment and intimidation being carried out against the opposition by security agents across the country.

“Shots were fired at the convoy of the director-general of my campaign organisation, Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, in Rumuolumeni, Obio Akpor area of Port Harcourt, a few hours after the second peace accord was signed, leaving two persons injured.

“I do hope this is not a confirmation of the information reaching my party that some notorious security agents have been deployed to Port Harcourt to restrict the movement of Gov. Amaechi. In Ondo State, a serving APC member of the House of Representatives, Eniolorunda Omosule, was arrested and detained by the police for no reason other than to keep him away until after elections, while we have heard reports of an alleged meeting in Ibadan between the commissioners of police in the south-west and PDP officials.

“In Imo, we have read of how more than 30 armed mobile policemen were unleashed on some APC youths at Mbutu in Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area, with the policemen firing indiscriminately, smashing doors and windows and arresting some of the youths, while there are alleged plans to deploy troops clothed in DSS uniforms to the South-west to help the PDP to rig the elections.

“These are worrisome developments, more so because they involve security agencies, which are supposed to be neutral and professional in carrying out their constitutional duties of protecting the lives and property of Nigerians, irrespective of their party affiliations,” he explained.

Buhari says Military plans to rig for PDP
Nonetheless, Buhari said that he remained committed to the two peace accords, which he signed to ensure free, fair, transparent and peaceful elections on Saturday and on April 11, urging all his supporters to shun every act of violence, even in the face of the worst kind of provocations.
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Arsenella007(f): 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
Thought he said he is ok with the elections so far. What's this one again

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 28, 2015
Cry cry baby get ready for your retirement party Asiwaju don mumu you come disgrace yourself again.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2015
Arsenella007:
Though he said he is ok with the elections so far. What's this one again
He has started seeing election results and his impending loss.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
Buhari should not heat up the polity

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:25pm On Mar 28, 2015
Even after election they are still crying, I thought he said that he's okay with polls today But, I won't be surprised if the man that is looking for his certificate & his crew comes baq here in no distant time to cry foul..

Grandpa no drink beer, palmwine dey come

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2015
Arsenella007:
Thought he said he is ok with the elections so far. What's this one again
yes but you should know that he was being blinded by those e-apc people that are always begging for like from everyone as if like is now money. very soon all their eyes will clear, but please Buhari, accept your defeat as time goes on o.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by khassy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
anyways

cruising to victory in our brand new Bugatti veyron

GEJ till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Activity77(m): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
Losers making noise...

#GEJWEKNOW

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2015
baba weere don dey smell defeat
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by ORACLE1975(m): 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2015
i dey lough in CAPITAL LETA.
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by staymore: 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2015
Must Buhari always look for excuses to instigate violence?

Be mature for once and be ready to congratulate GEJ within the next 48hours.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by januzaj(m): 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
from the results so far ....Jonathan can not win even with a supernatural magic

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by ellechrystal(f): 10:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
januzaj:
My dear, it's not d way u c it o.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by blacksta(m): 10:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
januzaj:

We have the done the maths..Gmb is going to presiden
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by fitzmayowa: 10:41pm On Mar 28, 2015
They have started again, I hope this time people won't lose their lives...SMH

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Topconnect892: 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2015
[size=20pt]Are you interested in meeting a Sugar Mummy or Sugar Daddy that can help you financially?

We can get you connected anywhere around Nigeria.

Call us on 0 8 0 3 8 6 2 8 4 4 7
[/size]
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by best215: 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Topconnect892:
[size=20pt]Are you interested in meeting a Sugar Mummy or Sugar Daddy that can help you financially?

[/size]
gud
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by chymystique(f): 10:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
januzaj:

lol... it will shock you when Gej willl be announced the winner... no be naija again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by smithsammy(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari should not heat up the polity
brother, I got back on naira land and I realized you have become a pro PDP. I never knew you of all people could easily be bought over. If you are telling us not to believe what you were before, why should we believe what you are now?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
While pdp swears in jonathan at d eagle square on may 29, apc will swear in buhari on google square
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by lilprinze: 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by lilprinze: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by LogicPower(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
Yes, it is getting clearer, and clearer that PDP are up to something sinister.

But even though they have been rigging elections at the centre for so many years in collaboration with the security agencies, those who are contemplating doing it this time around need to think twice.

They need to fully understand that the present circumstances are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from all the previous ones; the stakes are MUCH HIGHER, the potential risks for miscalculation are MORE POTENT, and the predictable and unpredictable consequences would be far GREATER and MORE SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS.

This is simply because the Nigerian citizens are far more informed and have much more readily available and instant way of accessing and spreading information, and the opposition have much more muscle, are more formidable and far more organized, more determined, and much more nationally spread, than in all previous cases of fragrant subversion of people's electoral choices.

And GEJ and PDP must be fully aware that the popular mandate Buhari/Osinbanjo has just got from Nigerians is a mandate that emanates from THE ORDINARY POEOPLE from all the regions, and across all ethnic and religious divides; and as such, any attempt by anybody to snatch the mandate would amount to daring the ordinary people from across the country.

And as history has shown, no matter how powerful a leader thinks he/she is, there is no way he/she can be more powerful than his/her people; all those who tried it in the past, were eventually proved wrong, as they invariably got crushed by the sheer weight of the people power and condemned to the dark part of history in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
Buhari , should mind his utterances which could heat up violence .

We saw the humility and patience of GEJ during accreditation despite the failure of the card reader .The man didn't cry wolf rather he urged Nigerians to sympathize with INEC .

NB : May the best candidate win
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by mentorandfriend(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
Buhari is a refined, thorough gentleman. I cant say same for Jona.
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by SweetJoystick(m): 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Smh is it people do not read or can't comprehend simple english language? PDP/GEJ apologists, this statement was made before the elections and not after the elections yesterday
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by atakamus: 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Abeg give me sugar mummy. We the talk about election, you the share sugar mummy. The Sugar Mummy and Daddy you are sharing in Nigeria will answer. Na only you waka come to come share Sugar mummy. There is God ooooooo.Continue.
Topconnect892:

[/size]
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by SweetJoystick(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
LogicPower:
Yes, it is getting clearer, and clearer that PDP are up to something sinister.

But even though they have been rigging elections at the centre for so many years in collaboration with the security agencies, those who are contemplating doing it this time around need to think twice.

They need to fully understand that the present circumstances are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT from all the previous ones; the stakes are MUCH HIGHER, the potential risks for miscalculation are MORE POTENT, and the predictable and unpredictable consequences would be far GREATER and MORE SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS.

This is simply because the Nigerian citizens are far more informed and have much more readily available and instant way of accessing and spreading information, and the opposition have much more muscle, are more formidable and far more organized, more determined, and much more nationally spread, than in all previous cases of fragrant subversion of people's electoral choices.

And GEJ and PDP must be fully aware that the popular mandate Buhari/Osinbanjo has just got from Nigerians is a mandate that emanates from THE ORDINARY POEOPLE from all the regions, and across all ethnic and religious divides; and as such, any attempt by anybody to snatch the mandate would amount to daring the ordinary people from across the country.

And as history has shown, no matter how powerful a leader thinks he/she is, there is no way he/she can be more powerful than his/her people; all those who tried it in the past, were eventually proved wrong, as they invariably got crushed by the sheer weight of the people power and condemned to the dark part of history in the end.
Well said
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by abduljabbar4(m): 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
He said that loooong before the election commenced. You are now recycling news to make Buhari seem to be afraid
Re: Buhari Says Military Plans To Rig For PDP by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
is he accusing the army of treason?

(1) (Reply)

Update On Ekiti House Of Assembly Election? / Greater Igbo Nation: A Search For The Lost Igbo Tribes In America / Moves To Impeach & Replace Bukola Saraki As Senate President Commences...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.