Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? (2426 Views)

Boko Haram Takes Over Another Nigeria Town: Witnesses, Official / When Will Gowon Organise Another 'Nigeria Pray'? / What Is Madamme Rebranding Doing? Another Nigeria Diss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by jamace(m): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2009
This is a question that always come to my mind whenever I read the Political, Religious and Cultural Columns of Nairaland. Responses to opinions are interpreted based on religious and tribal/ethnic sentiments. Yorubas vs the Igbos, the Igbos vs the Hausa/Fulani. At times, allies are formed between tribes to fight the other tribe. On NL you see open loyalty to ugly incidents just because the perpetrators are from their "area"(tribal/ethnic group or religion). I tell you, the problem with Nigeria is found on NL - failure to see the truth and tell it as it is. Let's assume that Seun is President of the Federal Republic of Nairaland. Note that he is facing a corruption accusation now and investigation is on. Imagine Auwal87 being the Vice President and Kosovo is Senate President. Now, let's appoint Eartmama as the Speaker House of Reps, while Mai Suya , Uche2005, Nuxo, Becomerich and Abu-Mariam are ministers. babyDaddy, hubreality. Ifygurl,Ogaga4luv and bindex are members of the Senate while xtolove, MC Usman, Chidi4U, **Osisi, IGWUE USA, and Alam-Tara are House of Reps members. Now tell me, how can NL develop based on their comments and views in the Federal Repuplic of Nairaland? Assuming they are appointed to be leaders of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, will Nigeria fare better? Comments please.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 22, 2009
When asked to summarize NL in one word in one thread, I called it '' A MINIATURE OF NIGERIA''.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by GoldCircle: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2009
Na another wahala you wan start here be dat o! I take cover sharp sharp! grin grin
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 22, 2009
Let's assume that Seun is President of the Federal Republic of Nairaland. Note that he is facing a corruption accusation now and investigation is on. Imagine Auwal87 being the Vice President and Kosovo is Senate President. Now, let's appoint Eartmama as the Speaker House of Reps, while Mai Suya , Uche2005, Nuxo, Becomerich and Abu-Mariam are ministers. babyDaddy, hubreality. Ifygurl,Ogaga4luv and bindex are members of the Senate while xtolove, MC Usman, Chidi4U, **Osisi, IGWUE USA, and Alam-Tara are House of Reps members. Now tell me, how can NL develop based on their comments and views in the Federal Repuplic of Nairaland? Assuming they are appointed to be leaders of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, will Nigeria fare better? Comments please.
Let me attaempt some analysis:
President: Seun
VP: Auwal87
Senate President: Kosovo
Speaker: Earthmama
Senate: babydaddy,hubreality,ogaga4luv,bindex
House of Rep: MCUsman, Chidi4U,Osisi,IgweUSA,Alamtara
Ministers: Mai Suya, Uche2005,Nuzo,Becomerich,Abu Mariam

LIKELY SCENARIO: By 'Nigerians', I mean Nairalanders and by 'Nigeria', Nairaland.
PRESIDENCY:
Seun will not hide the fact that he is the owner of 'Nigeria' and will make every 'Nigerian' know that he can do and undo. We however expect him to be a consultative President. Although the President is an atheist, he exhibits traits of a person that will be tolerant of other people's religious views. Forget about opening and closing prayers in political gatherings. We do not expect bias from Presido but a moderate autocracy should not be ruled out.
Jamace did a good reasoning putting a northerner as VP. Auwal87 is expected to be a loyal President, but the bulk of the power will lie with the President.

SENATE:
I know little about our Senate President. I don't know his views, his thinking. The same thing for the Senate members, except Bindex. Bindex is expected to be a radical Senator. He will be the closest to the President.

HOUSE:
Aaahh, this is war Zone! With Earthmama and MCUsman in the same house, this is total war. I don't see any peace in this house. If Speaker earthmama goes one way, honourable MC will go the other way. We expect osisi and earthmama to be able to form a formidable clique in the house. But like a one-man Soldier,and a typical Hausa strongman, don't be surprise if MC is able to impeach Eartmama. If earthmama becomes floor member, then problem has just started. Earthmama will dig out records of all the people that impeached him. MC himself will not attempt vying for speakership, Alamtara may be put there.

MINISTERS
Becomerich as Minister? The whole 'Nigeria' will oppose this, even his Yoruba kinsmen. But like Iwu he will never resign. He will continue. So disliked will be this guy that 'Nigerians' will not hesitate to stone him if he goes out on courtesy call. Nuzo is expected to bring some sanity into the ministry he is put in charge.

NB:This analysis is subject to modification. I rushed it, no time for indepth analysis now.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by asha80(m): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2009
@Jarus
Auwal87 ia a northern secessionist
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by jamace(m): 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2009
Oya Jarus, where are you? If you don't appear before I count 1 to 9, I will declare Asha 80 the winner grin.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by blacksta(m): 12:08am On Jan 24, 2009
Please dont forget kobojunkie as GANI FAWEHINMI
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by davidif: 8:49am On Jan 24, 2009
When asked to summarize NL in one word in one thread, I called it '' A MINIATURE OF NIGERIA''

Jarus,
You mean microcosm not miniature.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by auwal87(m): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2009
asha 80:

@Jarus
Auwal87 ia a northern secessionist

I will divide Nigeria into 4 pieces, though I have to convince Mr. President, if he refuse I will organize a Coup and take over as the President.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by asha80(m): 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2009
I will divide Nigeria into 4 pieces, though I have to convince Mr. President, if he refuse I will organize a Coup and take over as the President.

grin shocked
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by tumfulu1: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2009
there r times i thnk God dat i have a life.
When i c those that dont.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Naijex: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2009
auwal87:

Them give you position for govt instead to manage am well na coup you plan/divide the country. So what's going to be your Legacy. Or you just sick for brain.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by auwal87(m): 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2009
The action will be for the good of the People living in Nigeria but not the non-living Nigeria.

Nigeria is not alive, so what will happen if it is divided? It is not even as old as ma grandpa grin

Nigeria is part of a political game of the British
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 25, 2009
jamace:

Oya Jarus, where are you? If you don't appear before I count 1 to 9, I will declare Asha 80 the winner grin.
Here I am now. I think auwal has been able to demonstrate what Asha called him. Secessionist.

You mean microcosm not miniature.
Thanks davidif. Even though miniature(A copy or model that represents or reproduces something in a greatly reduced size) is not totally wrong, microcosm(A small, representative system having analogies to a larger system in constitution, configuration, or development) is definitely the best word.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by jamace(m): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2009
You see. They argue even over grammar grin grin Lord have mercy.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2009
Jarus:

Here I am now. I think auwal has been able to demonstrate what Asha called him. Secessionist.
Thanks davidif. Even though miniature(A copy or model that represents or reproduces something in a greatly reduced size) is not totally wrong, microcosm(A small, representative system having analogies to a larger system in constitution, configuration, or development) is definitely the best word.

Jarus, wetin dey happen grin?
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by princekevo(m): 7:13am On Jan 27, 2009
Would a snake gave birth to anything straight? The answer is NO,
We should not be suprised of wht we see on Niraland coz that is jst the fruits of Nigeria as a nation,
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by jamace(m): 8:41am On Feb 01, 2009
Here we go again .
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by jamace(m): 6:24am On Feb 04, 2009
Sure, Nairaland is even worse than Nigeria. Reason? Nairaland parades analytical minds that are already alligned to the defense of their "own".
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by udezue(m): 6:33am On Feb 04, 2009
Yes it is. grin
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Muza(m): 8:52am On Feb 04, 2009
@ poster & thread,
its so very true.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 04, 2009
Other similarities:
-Like Nigeria, religious e-war is common on NL
-Like Nigeria, everything degenerates into tribalism
-Like Nigeria, there are 419ers here(spammers)
-Like Nigeria, some people continue to fall for 419 despite being apparent
-Like Nigeria, everybody is a coach(sports section)
-Like Nigerians, you can't stop laughing at some people's comments - humour-filled
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Muza(m): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2009
Jarus:

Other similarities:
-Like Nigeria, religious e-war is common on NL
-Like Nigeria, everything degenerates into tribalism
-Like Nigeria, there are 419ers here(spammers)
-Like Nigeria, some people continue to fall for 419 despite being apparent
-Like Nigeria, everybody is a coach(sports section)
-Like Nigerians, you can't stop laughing at some people's comments - humour-filled

Jarus u wan kill ne with laaughter,
There cudnt have been a better comparison.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Lagosboy: 9:40am On Feb 04, 2009
@Poster it is very true.

NL is a true representation of Nigeria and exhibits the reasons why Nigeria is and might not move foward. What i find worrying is the way alliances are quickly formed based on either religous affliaiton or tribal affliation. In this trend members of this alliance would always oppose you no matter the thread you are in.

I wish there could be a NL conference one day to put a face to the faceless which is majority of us.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by jamace(m): 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2009
I wish there could be a NL conference one day to put a face to the faceless which is majority of us.

Seun, please can we give this a try?
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by deor03(m): 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2009
jamace:

Seun, please can we give this a try?

I guess this will spoil the fun.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by MaiSuya(m): 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

@Poster it is very true.

NL is a true representation of Nigeria and exhibits the reasons why Nigeria is and might not move foward. What i find worrying is the way alliances are quickly formed based on either religous affliaiton or tribal affliation. In this trend members of this alliance would always oppose you no matter the thread you are in.

The question is, who usually forms such alliances? I have been in many threads that have lively discussions/debates going on, totally devoid of sentiments, and then all of a sudden a northerner makes a remark that another member disagrees with, and before you know it, alliances are formed and he is denounced as a gworo chewing illiterate. in fact the ardent zeal with which a particular NLder goes about attacking northerners hasĀ  seriously caused me to question her sanity.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

@Poster it is very true.

grin grin grin
i totally agree with you on that,i have been attacked by some as well,even as recently as yesterday, we cant do anything to change it other than one standing his/her ground even in the face of verbal and cyber intimidation
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

@Poster it is very true.

Start by posting your real identity first.
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by asha80(m): 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
The question is, who usually forms such alliances? I have been in many threads that have lively discussions/debates going on, totally devoid of sentiments, and then all of a sudden a northerner makes a remark that another member disagrees with, and before you know it, alliances are formed and he is denounced as a gworo chewing illiterate. in fact the ardent zeal with which a particular NLder goes about attacking northerners has seriously caused me to question her sanity.

*earthmama*
lipsrsealed
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Muza(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
u needn't say her name,we know her and we ar familiar with her routine ethnic bashing
Re: Is Nairaland Another Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2009
lol . . . . the same BORN - AGAIN woman? roflmao!! shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? / Yar'adua Wants To Jail Obasanjo - El Rufai / Nigeria Gubernatoral Election Results: Live Updates & News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.