Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? (21882 Views)

Convenant University Promotes Nigeria’s Global Relevance With N1Billion / Help, I Have a Testimonial Instead Of a First School Leaving Certificate. / Primary School Leaving Certificate..how Important Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Zetra(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2016
my sister was about to do PHD that was when she went to collect her certificate but she has kids (married) did her masters outside nigeria, came back is still working.
she only use statement of result and transcript for master application (d university sponsored her)

but if you are saying you didn't graduate (no result) then it's not fair to yourself, at least 3rd class, to prove you didn't waste your 4 yrs or more with nothing to show fort.
bill gate / the rest dropped out of "Havard " (to get admission shows you are too good).

it's relevant because even bill/mark still have other certifications from Havard now.

if I wanna employ you and I don't see any cogent reason why you dropped out or finished with out a certificate, I will not take you.
it means you may not be a goal getter, you don't finish a task given to you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by LUV1: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2016
EXept on is bornagain he can not see the kingdom of God.Jesus is coming back again
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by OlujobaSamuel: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2016
splendid2:
Bt there is no space 4 age on it
year of graduation go dey on top, Mr jones, how old are you 25yrs, how come yiur cert states 1995 as year of graduation?
you look ceiling for ans, but e no come.
There is one i went to, the guy asked for my platoon in service, i was like, Shey you normal? 2012? com dey ask platoon for 2014, i sha try remember, i never knew it was to confirm the certificate, the last number on it was my platoon number also
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by africanusvu(m): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2016
TRUE LIFE STORY.i was a short service cadet of NDA 2004 set under late gen LEMU.2wks to my comision there was a recheck and my FISST SCHOOL LEAVING CERT was particularly mising despite my degree.that denied me my military carrier until today.my set then ar captains today

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 30, 2016
Wendyphil:
Please how important is the First School Leaving certificate? Have heard that it's really essential in the work force to the extent of people being retrenched because of lack of it. I just graduated from the university and I didn't take the examination and thus don't have the certificate. I will like to know if anyone of us here has any experience pertaining to this certificate. Thanks.

If u can, get it. But believe me, it is the most useless piece of document.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Little girl
First school leaving certificate is just a piece of paper.

It stop being of no value as of 2003

Your university degree is still of no use, employers who really do need your services will still hire you even if you have toilet tissue paper
You must be kidding @ your last statement.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by ariesbull: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2016

Assistant marketing executive will be involved in the relationship marketing of existing customers as well as making new prospects to increase the customer base of the company.
He will work directly work with the marketing executives by pooling sales for the company.

He will involve in driving company’s pool car.
Main Duties / Key Accountabilities

Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales option.
Make sales of products by establishing and maintaining relationship with the clients, recommending solution.
Involve in driving company’s pool car.
Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvement to each function such as operations, finance e.t.c
Regular checking of vehicle for proper servicing, adequate fuelling and updated documents.
Record sales information and maintain customer records.
Arrange meeting with potential clients.
Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
All other responsibilities as may be required for the achievement of the company’s vision, mission and strategic units.
Competencies: Education, Training and Experience

OND in any related discipline.
Candidates must have at least 1 year relevant and demonstrable experience in marketing.
Candidates must have at 3 years driving experience with valid driving license.
Candidates must be conversant with Lagos Road Network.
Personal Attributes:

Visionary
Strategic thinker.
Target oriented goal
Dealing with complexity
Customer Driven
Brand Champion
Skills & Knowledge Required:

Good teamwork skills
Goal oriented skills
Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
Adaptability
Good organizational and planning skills
Creativity
Remuneration
N30,000.00 per month.

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/30/entry-level-assistant-marketing-executives/

A growing blog is looking to hire some writers who can write on Technology, entrepreneurship and SMEs.

Qualification is irrelevant. Passion, humility and ability to write clearly and professionally is all that is required. Must reside in Lagos though.

Know anyone? Ask them to send a brief blurb

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/29/writer-wanted/
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Jerrymax01(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2016
OP, I'm still wondering how u managed to attain been a graduate without, your first school leaving certificate, and I'm sure your of this our modern age, even my malee self wey be old school go get the equivalent self.. On the contrary, if your have other certificates which I'm sure you have, your good.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by njuwo(m): 11:41am On Sep 30, 2016
Gaborone:
Some public institutions insist on it to guage a staff's age.
That's how they fish out some employees who falsified their ages. By the time they are screening and reconciling your acclaimed age, and they see that you wrote the exam when you were two years old, you know that it has cast for you.
grin
Hahahahaha! It has cast for you. I yaff died oh. All these ajekpako girls forming porsh, una no go kill us oh. Na it has cast for you abi, it has red for you.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by alexarelano(m): 11:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Since 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by madridsta007(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2016
Wendyphil:
Please how important is the First School Leaving certificate? Have heard that it's really essential in the work force to the extent of people being retrenched because of lack of it. I just graduated from the university and I didn't take the examination and thus don't have the certificate. I will like to know if anyone of us here has any experience pertaining to this certificate. Thanks.

Not really relevant, I think. Your President Buhari did not produce his- actually, he claimed it was with the military board- and he is still President.

Not relevant, me thinks.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
Evergreen4:
A thread that was created on 29 march 2015 hitting front page after one year and some months. What will be the relevance of the thread to the op that solicited for advice from the forum members since last year.

Some mods needs to be shot in the head.

P.s: I no call anybody name Ooo
Snake thread does hit fp within minutes of posting.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Little girl
First school leaving certificate is just a piece of paper.

It stop being of no value as of 2003

Your university degree is still of no use, employers who really do need your services will still hire you even if you have toilet tissue paper
Best answer.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
Wendyphil:
From 2015 to 2016.chai!
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by HomeOfMe(f): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
Wendyphil:
How could you have graduated from a higher institution without having first leaving cert., Is that possible?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
africanusvu:
TRUE LIFE STORY.i was a short service cadet of NDA 2004 set under late gen LEMU.2wks to my comision there was a recheck and my FISST SCHOOL LEAVING CERT was particularly mising despite my degree.that denied me my military carrier until today.my set then ar captains today
Am sorry to hear that. But what set you back is Nigerian system not certificate.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
Cornerstone001:
I think it is basically for age verification (federal workforce requirements)
With money and godfather,you go get waiver without it.No be some CJTF vigilante men buhari recently give automatic employment into the army without school leaving certificate verification which ought to be the guidelines? Abeg forget that thing.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Bollinger(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
ochuciano:

You are too old to write primary six exam. 1st of all how did u start secondary school without primary 6 certificate? Don't implicate ursef oh.

If u have it and u are not telling us d truth, just swear affidavit that u lost it. u will be covered. It's only needed in federal government work

Cool down down now. What of someone who did not go to primary school in Nigeria? You don't know if that is what happened to her.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
africanusvu:
Your godfather no strong.Buhari wey he no get am nko but attain a major general in the Nigerian army?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nigerians and certificate, that's how they parade certificate up and down with no skills, $ will soon hit 1000 because there is no skill to produce anything and grow the gdp.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
Zetra:
my sister was about to do PHD that was when she went to collect her certificate but she has kids (married) did her masters outside nigeria, came back is still working.
she only use statement of result and transcript for master application (d university sponsored her)

but if you are saying you didn't graduate (no result) then it's not fair to yourself, at least 3rd class, to prove you didn't waste your 4 yrs or more with nothing to show fort.
bill gate / the rest dropped out of "Havard " (to get admission shows you are too good).

it's relevant because even bill/mark still have other certifications from Havard now.

if I wanna employ you and I don't see any cogent reason why you dropped out or finished with out a certificate, I will not take you.
it means you may not be a goal getter, you don't finish a task given to you
Do you use someone's certificate alone as a criteria for employment?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by ochuciano(m): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bollinger:

Cool down down now. What of someone who did not go to primary school in Nigeria? You don't know if that is what happened to her.

lolz. she should gladly provide the obodooyinbo equivalent.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Cornerstone001: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Love Machine:
With money and godfather,you go get waiver without it.No be some CJTF vigilante men buhari recently give automatic employment into the army without school leaving certificate verification which ought to be the guidelines? Abeg forget that thing.

You may be right but such waiver may explode in an unanticipated manner, for instance; change in government may bring in policies that will render such "automatic employment" useless PAINFULLY
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by ochuciano(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
Evergreen4:
A thread that was created on 29 march 2015 hitting front page after one year and some months. What will be the relevance of the thread to the op that solicited for advice from the forum members since last year.

Some mods needs to be shot in the head.

P.s: I no call anybody name Ooo

Lalasticlala should be probed. hehehehe.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by ochuciano(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
ibroh22:
which one be first and second

hahahahahahaha. good question. I think there is no 2nd. Primary school is the 1st basic formal education in ur life.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
Cornerstone001:

You may be right but such waiver may explode in an unanticipated manner, for instance; change in government may bring in policies that will render such "automatic employment" useless PAINFULLY
How did buhari attain the rank of a major general without the change of government able to get him?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Pasteeyellah(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
How did you get to secondary school?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by CoCoLav(f): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
I didn't write it as well because I didn't finish primary school before getting admission to secondary school.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by lonelydora: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Important only for government work. I entered secondary through primary 5 and I do not have it. Went to school and obtained a covering letter indicating I actually did primary 5. Nobody has asked for it yet shaa.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by ibroh22(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
ochuciano:

hahahahahahaha. good question. I think there is no 2nd. Primary school is the 1st basic formal education in ur life.
I get all my certificate sha
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by africanusvu(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Unfortunately.my godfather.Lt Col eke.HOD.Education corp.was sent to liberia 2days b4 then
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Zetra(m): 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Love Machine:
Do you use someone's certificate alone as a criteria for employment?
nope but look at it from this angle.

even when you don't like the course you can quit early enough not waiting till your finals than you will tell me you don't want to collect your certificate because it's not relevant, that's "giving up". it's like you don't like a job given.to you then you still went ahead to start it then you.didnt stop midway but continued till the elapsed time then jump to another project.
it's shows you are not a finisher(even a bad finished run is better than stopping half way and given excuses)

I will employ a skilled person more than a certificate person if the certificate person don't have the skills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2013/2014 Unilag Foundation Programme / Reactions As ASUU Calls Off Strike / 6 Most Interesting Moments For Every School Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.