Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria (72382 Views)

For Deepsight :- True Esoteric Knowledge Of God Possessed By Humans / My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by submit: 6:14pm On Mar 30, 2015
A
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:18pm On Mar 30, 2015
topearos:
The way that seemeth right unto a man leads to destruction ...

Mumu. Even after OP's appeal.

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2015
literarymathy:

AMORC is PERFECTLY compatible with ISLAM.
AMORC has its own branch of martinism known as T. M. O (Traditional Martinist Order) which is more like a form of Christian mysticism. It is optional for members though and treated as a separate order.
The founder of O. T. O, Aleister Crowley, was a friend of AMORC'S former imperator, H. Spencer Lewis. However, O. T. O is a magical organisation and AMORC frowns on practical and ceremonial magic.

@ bolded

Why?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Meel: 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2015
Armorc frown on ceremonial magic, but u practice telekenis and oda deeds dat are nt scientifically proven? Exlplain dis pls.
Can some withdraw without incurring ur leadrs wraught??
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Cooleasy(m): 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2015
Does Armorc believe in life after death, judgement day, heaven and hell?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2015
Men joining since 7.07 BC wink
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by AbuMikey(m): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2015
smileysmileysmiley
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2015
I might as well learn a few things today.

I had a classmate who was a member of AMORC. He was the most brilliant in the class and very nice too. He later died in an auto crash with some members of his family on their way back from one of your conventions in Cross-River (I think). It was such a sad loss.

By the way OP, I love your use of English.

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2015
Satan on the prowl in search of impressionable babes. Lies, lies and lies.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2015
Phema:

I had a classmate who was a member of AMORC. He was the most brilliant in the class and very nice too. He later died in an auto crash with some members of his family on their way back from one of your conventions in Cross-River (I think). It was such a sad loss.

They were sacrificed to their demon god!
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2015
Nikapetrelli:
Thought a thread has been created for this Armoc issue.What of Ogboni??

I can't say much about Ogboni. I am not a member. However, it has NOTHING in anyway to do with AMORC.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
vhickky:
is there any simple principle of Yours you can post here, that is not a secret,one that can be practicalized and the result gotten ?

For example, a simple basic experiment given to new Rosicrucians is the candle light experiment which is a members only exercise but I want to share parts of it to answer your question. The aim of the exercise is to train the mind to concentrate effectively, assimilate easily and to learn meditation.

Firstly get a candle stick and light it up
Sit close to the lighted candle just few metres away with your back flat on a chair and your feet on the ground.
Now gaze at the candle without blinking your eyes for as long as possible.
Do this until you lose your thoughts and the flame become the only thing on your mind.
When you feel you are tired or the need to stop just stop slowly and keep doing it for as long as you want until desired concentration is achieved.

This is a very simple exercise to improve your concentration. It can help you especially as a student who can't concentrate to read. It will help you master meditation. It will help you in many ways you cannot even begin to fathom. I am not supposed to be posting this but I feel people tend to criticise what they don't know. So here's an AMORC exercise for you. I hope you are satisfied.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Emma4Jesu(m): 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2015
@literarymathy; Apart from this medium, which other way we can chart more and to get more clarification from you?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2015
Meel:
Armorc frown on ceremonial magic, but u practice telekenis and oda deeds dat are nt scientifically proven? Exlplain dis pls.
Can some withdraw without incurring ur leadrs wraught??

Mystical exercises are different from magic. For benefits of doubt, ceremonial or practical magic in my conception means the conjuration of certain supernatural beings or the use of actualisation/materialisation of thoughts such as money rituals, etc.

AMORC is not free. You pay to maintain membership so once you stop paying, you are deactivated immediately. As for leaders. I don't know what you mean. You can be an AMORC member and not even see another AMORC member forever if you want to.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 30, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2015
Cooleasy:
Does Armorc believe in life after death, judgement day, heaven and hell?

Not in the conventional sense though. AMORC believes in karma and reincarnation. Heaven and hell depends on the outcome of good or negative karma incurred as made manifest in reincarnation. However theres one thing I love about AMORC, it's teachings are not enforced on you. There's no room for fanaticism in AMORC.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by player007(m): 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2015
When God created man he gave us the free will to choose between Good and bad right? But he also admonishes us for our own sake to choose Light not darkness. That been said. There is Nothing Beneficial in been an Amorc menber.
Be guided sirs/ma's.
Enough said

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 30, 2015
Phema:

Thanks for your compliment. As for the loss of your classmate, that didn't happen because he was in AMORC. People find connection in seemingly distant concepts. Even pastors die in accidents. Just last year, the synagogue church experienced a catastrophic loss due to building collapse even though the Prophet is one of the most revered. So people should stop dotting things that need no dotting because if that is done then every association or religion will fall short. AMORC doesn't give members magical protection. Reckless driving or mistakes do cause accidents so it has nothing to do with AMORC or its conference. So far I've been going to Calabar yearly and nothing of such has been heard of by me. So let's not point fingers to things that happen everyday. People die every minute regardless of whether they are AMORC members or not. No one is certain of the next minute of his life. That is why we ask God to grant us grace to carry on with long life, peace and prosperity.

8 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2015
CounsellorWise:
Satan on the prowl in search of impressionable babes. Lies, lies and lies.

I'm sure you have seen him yourself. It's funny how your mind works. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:35pm On Mar 30, 2015
CounsellorWise:

They were sacrificed to their demon god!

Demon god? Beware of what you hear.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2015
player007:
When God created man he gave us the free will to choose between Good and bad right? But he also admonishes us for our own sake to choose Light not darkness. That been said. There is Nothing Beneficial in been an Amorc menber.
Be guided sirs/ma's.
Enough said

You should have started that with "In my own opinion". Meanwhile this thread is not to proselytize or seek for members but to correct certain misconceptions and one of them is glaringly oozing from your fanatical, extremist and misguided comment. It's amazing how we are quick to call Muslims extremists especially those of us from the South when we cannot remove the log in our eyes to see how extremism has eaten up our brain to the point that the hippocampus is the only functional part of it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by topearos(m): 11:40pm On Mar 30, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Mumu. Even after OP's appeal.
. Eda ni e.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by goldfish80(m): 12:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Op, what are the connecting dots between Amorc and Eckankar?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 12:28am On Mar 31, 2015
goldfish80:
Op, what are the connecting dots between Amorc and Eckankar?

On the surface level, Eckankar is a RELIGION founded by Paul Twitchell and based on Oriental belief systems. AMORC is a fraternal, mystical and philosophical organisation based on a combination of various schools of thought. The implication of this is that Eckankar is closer to mainstream Christianity than AMORC is. Eckankar has ideologies, a religious figure(mahanta) and well defined modes and patterns of worship which also means that members have to meet. AMORC is private, conservative and non-dogmatic with the choice by the student to believe what is read or not. AMORC has no deity or religious figure which is either worshipped or revered. AMORC'S Imperator(head) is ONLY an administrative leader and takes no religious roles and functions. AMORC members are free to avoid one another if they so wish and study ON THEIR OWN. Eckankar is less intellectual in nature and thus requires less reading and more experience, worship and Fellowship whereas AMORC is totally intellectual in nature and requires constant reading. Essentially, Eckankar is a RELIGION and AMORC is a UNIVERSITY.

Other than the aforementioned, there are some correlations in basic teachings such as karma, reincarnation, illumination, meditation, and a few others. Other than these basics, AMORC and ECKANKAR are worlds apart.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by goldfish80(m): 1:29am On Mar 31, 2015
fratermathy:

On the surface level, Eckankar is a RELIGION founded by Paul Twitchell and based on Oriental belief systems. AMORC is a fraternal, mystical and philosophical organisation based on a combination of various schools of thought. The implication of this is that Eckankar is closer to mainstream Christianity than AMORC is. Eckankar has ideologies, a religious figure(mahanta) and well defined modes and patterns of worship which also means that members have to meet. AMORC is private, conservative and non-dogmatic with the choice by the student to believe what is read or not. AMORC has no deity or religious figure which is either worshipped or revered. AMORC'S Imperator(head) is ONLY an administrative leader and takes no religious roles and functions. AMORC members are free to avoid one another if they so wish and study ON THEIR OWN. Eckankar is less intellectual in nature and thus requires less reading and more experience, worship and Fellowship whereas AMORC is totally intellectual in nature and requires constant reading. Essentially, Eckankar is a RELIGION and AMORC is a UNIVERSITY.

Other than the aforementioned, there are some correlations in basic teachings such as karma, reincarnation, illumination, meditation, and a few others. Other than these basics, AMORC and ECKANKAR are worlds apart.
Why do members have to pay specific amount of money to renew membership of your organization? What's the significance of money for membership renewal? Like you stated earlier? Also, kindly explain why you say AMORC is fraternal but also members could choose not to see other members. It's a tad contradictory don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 31, 2015
fratermathy:

Thanks for your compliment. As for the loss of your classmate, that didn't happen because he was in AMORC. People find connection in seemingly distant concepts. Even pastors die in accidents. Just last year, the synagogue church experienced a catastrophic loss due to building collapse even though the Prophet is one of the most revered. So people should stop dotting things that need no dotting because if that is done then every association or religion will fall short. AMORC doesn't give members magical protection. Reckless driving or mistakes do cause accidents so it has nothing to do with AMORC or its conference. So far I've been going to Calabar yearly and nothing of such has been heard of by me. So let's not point fingers to things that happen everyday. People die every minute regardless of whether they are AMORC members or not. No one is certain of the next minute of his life. That is why we ask God to grant us grace to carry on with long life, peace and prosperity.

Wow! Please slow down! Exactly where in my post did I infer that AMORC was responsible? You should have asked if you think my stance wasn't clear enough.

Were there side talks of AMORC being responsible? Yes! Did I believe that? No. I honestly donot believe ANY religion will go all out to kill its members.

I just shared a story about the only AMORC member I was in close contact with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by succyreal(m): 6:59am On Mar 31, 2015
Explain to us what and what u dislike about AMROC . cos as an individual there must be something u will surly dislike about something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by sonnel: 7:02am On Mar 31, 2015
fratermathy:

I can't say much about Ogboni. I am not a member. However, it has NOTHING in anyway to do with AMORC.
what about LODGE society is it like AMORC?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Pdizzle(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2015
What's the membership process in Nigeria
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2015
yet another crab under the name religion
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 8:48am On Mar 31, 2015
goldfish80:

Why do members have to pay specific amount of money to renew membership of your organization? What's the significance of money for membership renewal? Like you stated earlier? Also, kindly explain why you say AMORC is fraternal but also members could choose not to see other members. It's a tad contradictory don't you think?

For the money issue AMORC, like I said, is an organisation which means that it has workers that it pays. For instance, the people handling the printing process, customer care agents, lawyers, etc don't work for free. They are paid. Aside that, the cost of printing AMORC monographs (books) isn't cheap and they also pay for mailing. Usually AMORC will solicit for money but that won't be enough. So a fixed amount of money is required of members to pay annually or quarterly or even semi-annually depending on the member's financial stand. This money is meagre compared to the knowledge gained. However, if and when a member stops paying, his active membership is placed on hold until he chooses to renew.

When I mean fraternal I mean brotherly. AMORC students refer to each other as Fraters and Sorrors which means brother and sister loosely. We greet by saying Greetings and responding with Peace Profound. However, there are two types of members in AMORC. We have the home study only members who are not known and don't know anyone else. They communicate directly with AMORC and that's all. Secondly we have some members who meet to meditate together and ask questions or exchange ideas like a study group of sorts. These members meet at designated AMORC affiliated bodies worldwide.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 8:50am On Mar 31, 2015
Phema:

Wow! Please slow down! Exactly where in my post did I infer that AMORC was responsible? You should have asked if you think my stance wasn't clear enough.

Were there side talks of AMORC being responsible? Yes! Did I believe that? No. I honestly donot believe ANY religion will go all out to kill its members.

I just shared a story about the only AMORC member I was in close contact with.

I am sorry for misinterpreting your post. smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman / Archaeologists Unearth 2,500-Year-Old Palace Dating Back To The Kings Of Judah / "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.