Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria (72410 Views)

For Deepsight :- True Esoteric Knowledge Of God Possessed By Humans / My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:

what do you say about science and God, do you believe science negates God? I read an article on that in your Digest 80s edition.

AMORC always tries to harmonise science and the belief in God. AMORC is NOT a religion and thus, there is no need to preserve any dogma. AMORC believes in a systematic and verifiable study of the laws of the universe. Even our concept of God is not anthropomorphic like many religions conceive of God. To us, God is within; manifesting in human consciousness and the concept of "God" is called "Cosmic" in AMORC. God is a primordial energy. The same energy which scientists have identified in various forms.

So AMORC and science go together!!!
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Without any provocation, forewarning or contact whatsoever, ECWA sued AMORC to court on the accusation that AMORC is a secret court illegally operating in Nigeria. The court of first instance ruled that AMORC is NOT a secret cult and ordered ECWA to pay for libel, running to the tune of millions of naira. The Appeal Court held the judgement of the first court. ECWA further challenged the ruling at the Supreme Court where AMORC was declared a legally recognised organisation in Nigeria. However, the Supreme Court revoked the order that ECWA should pay AMORC millions for libel. That was how the case ended.

hahahaha! People no go just mind their business for once!
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
fratermathy:

AMORC always tries to harmonise science and the belief in God. AMORC is NOT a religion and thus, there is no need to preserve any dogma. AMORC believes in a systematic and verifiable study of the laws of the universe. Even our concept of God is not anthropomorphic like many religions conceive of God. To us, God is within; manifesting in human consciousness and the concept of "God" is called "Cosmic" in AMORC. God is a primordial energy. The same energy which scientists have identified in various forms.

So AMORC and science go together!!!

if God is an energy in AMORC like you said, then maybe the fundamentalist christian has a point when he says your teachings and theirs are incompatible because the person of God in christianity is well spelt out as a being, not an energy.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:

if God is an energy in AMORC like you said, then maybe the fundamentalist christian has a point when he says your teachings and theirs are incompatible because the person of God in christianity is well spelt out as a being, not an energy.

That is why AMORC doesn't dabble into how it's members conceive of God. Asserting that God is an energy is my own conception of Rosicrucian teachings. Anyone else can believe that God is a being if he/she wants and AMORC doesn't mind.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
fratermathy:

That is why AMORC doesn't dabble into how it's members conceive of God. Asserting that God is an energy is my own conception of Rosicrucian teachings. Anyone else can believe that God is a being if he/she wants and AMORC doesn't mind.

but you sure can understand why some churches wont want their members to join you.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:

but you sure can understand why some churches wont want their members to join you.

And the truth is that we don't really care about that. AMORC isn't looking for members. Mysticism is not for everyone. A few seekers will find the path and pursue it to its end.

AMORC doesn't have to be compatible with Christianity because it is not a Christian group. We have members from various religions and backgrounds in AMORC. The aim is not to teach about God or how to serve him but to teach the student how to master himself!

Know thyself and thy shall be like the gods! ~Socrates
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
fratermathy:

And the truth is that we don't really care about that. AMORC isn't looking for members. Mysticism is not for everyone. A few seekers will find the path and pursue it to its end.

AMORC doesn't have to be compatible with Christianity because it is not a Christian group. We have members from various religions and backgrounds in AMORC. The aim is not to teach about God or how to serve him but to teach the student how to master himself!

Know thyself and thy shall be like the gods! ~Socrates

have you read the book "man know thyself" by Raymond Arazu?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:

have you read the book "man know thyself" by Raymond Arazu?

I haven't. You have?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
fratermathy:

I haven't. You have?
not completely. But do you know the man? Do you know the book?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by oweniwe(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
fratermathy:

And the truth is that we don't really care about that. AMORC isn't looking for members. Mysticism is not for everyone. A few seekers will find the path and pursue it to its end....

There is really no end o. Everything is continuous ... no end. Before an era ends, another one has begun. smiley
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
oweniwe:

There is really no end o. Everything is continuous ... no end. Before an era ends, another one has begun. smiley
explain further, pls.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 11:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
MiddleDimension:
not completely. But do you know the man? Do you know the book?

I don't know the man or the book but will check it out right away.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by lexaydfg(m): 3:07am On Apr 30, 2017
Are there rules and regulations? and if they are, please list them.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 4:08am On Apr 30, 2017
lexaydfg:
Are there rules and regulations? and if they are, please list them.

None whatsoever.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by lexaydfg(m): 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
fratermathy:

None whatsoever.
What are the challenges you faced or facing while in AMORC?

If you are to leave AMORC, what will be your reasons?.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 12:10am On May 01, 2017
lexaydfg:

What are the challenges you faced or facing while in AMORC?

If you are to leave AMORC, what will be your reasons?.

I don't have any challenges. The only thing that can temporarily stop my membership is the lack of money to pay for the subscription (for example). Nothing is going to make me leave.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by lexaydfg(m): 1:05pm On May 01, 2017
fratermathy:

I don't have any challenges. The only thing that can temporarily stop my membership is the lack of money to pay for the subscription (for example). Nothing is going to make me leave.

Ok thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 10:56pm On May 09, 2017
it is said that along side the mainstream religions, there have always existed esoteric organization. If esoteric organizations are not a separate religion, but seek to do the same thing religion does, i.e getting united with God, why then do that have to exist as a separate entity? Why not merge up with anyone of the existing religions?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 12:52am On May 11, 2017
@fratermathy pls come in here and lets talk.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 12:47am On May 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:
it is said that along side the mainstream religions, there have always existed esoteric organization. If esoteric organizations are not a separate religion, but seek to do the same thing religion does, i.e getting united with God, why then do that have to exist as a separate entity? Why not merge up with anyone of the existing religions?

Religion thrives on dogma and mystics generally detest all forms of dogma.

Many religions have central authority figures that prayers are routed through. AMORC doesn't really subscribe to this this. The relationship between man and the God of his conception should be direct.

Religion breeds fundamentalism and AMORC is totally against any form of fanaticism and fundamentalism.

Religion has its purposes, with respect to the general population, but mysticism is for a few individuals willing to be enlightened. It has always been like this and may continue in that line.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 8:17am On May 12, 2017
fratermathy:

Religion thrives on dogma and mystics generally detest all forms of dogma.

Many religions have central authority figures that prayers are routed through. AMORC doesn't really subscribe to this this. The relationship between man and the God of his conception should be direct.

Religion breeds fundamentalism and AMORC is totally against any form of fanaticism and fundamentalism.

Religion has its purposes, with respect to the general population, but mysticism is for a few individuals willing to be enlightened. It has always been like this and may continue in that line.

but there are dogmas within amorc too. The reincarnation is certainly a dogma. You do not have any proof of it, do you?

But can you see why the concern of some christians is legitimate? The doctrine of Jesus being the rightful mediatrix with God is what makes christianity christianity. Any other organization that says you don't have to go through any mediatrix, jesus, may be leading the christian astray, don't you think?

You mentioned it ones that you are a christian. Do you believe Jesus is the rightful mediatrix with God as said in the bible? Do you pray in the name of Jesus?

If you dont necessarily believe in a mediator, why then do you think Amorc can be harmonized with christianity?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by zeongeon: 12:26pm On May 12, 2017
if you have testimonies on the supernatural or your interested in the supernatural then you may want to join this whatsapp community were we seek to discuss things rarely discussed from divine healing, angelic experiences, Astra projection, restoration etc.. Share your stories, talk about strange but true events and also learn too.

use the link below to join

https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/4tmUk0OkFhU9zTGb1Zpq3v
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 2:18pm On May 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

but there are dogmas within amorc too. The reincarnation is certainly a dogma. You do not have any proof of it, do you?

Many Rosicrucians don't believe in Reincarnation. AMORC teaches so that the student may choose to make his own truth from the teachings. As for proof, there are many that AMORC gives to those who are interested. Regardless, there is no compulsion to believe in any Rosicrucian doctrine. AMORC doesn't require prior belief of any of its teachings for continued membership. This cannot be said of religions, which require strict adherence to dogma.

But can you see why the concern of some christians is legitimate? The doctrine of Jesus being the rightful mediatrix with God is what makes christianity christianity. Any other organization that says you don't have to go through any mediatrix, jesus, may be leading the christian astray, don't you think?
Like I have said... AMORC isn't there to massage the ego of Christrians as there are a vast number of non-Christians in AMORC. If as a Rosicrucian, you believe in the mediatory role of Jesus as the gateway to God, then fine! Nobody will query you for that and it certainly won't come in the way of anyone's membership.

You mentioned it ones that you are a christian. Do you believe Jesus is the rightful mediatrix with God as said in the bible? Do you pray in the name of Jesus?
Being a Christian by philosophy and a Christian by practice are two different things. My philosophy of life is tilted more towards Christendom but that doesn't mean I agree with all of Christianity's dogma.

If you dont necessarily believe in a mediator, why then do you think Amorc can be harmonized with christianity?
Harmonization is left to the student to think through. If Jesus is seen as the primus in one's relationship with his/her God then the student can try and use Rosicrucian teachings to better his/her relationship with Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by clumpski: 12:01pm On May 19, 2017
fratermathy:

Many Rosicrucians don't believe in Reincarnation. AMORC teaches so that the student may choose to make his own truth from the teachings. As for proof, there are many that AMORC gives to those who are interested. Regardless, there is no compulsion to believe in any Rosicrucian doctrine. AMORC doesn't require prior belief of any of its teachings for continued membership. This cannot be said of religions, which require strict adherence to dogma.

Like I have said... AMORC isn't there to massage the ego of Christrians as there are a vast number of non-Christians in AMORC. If as a Rosicrucian, you believe in the mediatory role of Jesus as the gateway to God, then fine! Nobody will query you for that and it certainly won't come in the way of anyone's membership.

Being a Christian by philosophy and a Christian by practice are two different things. My philosophy of life is tilted more towards Christendom but that doesn't mean I agree with all of Christianity's dogma.

Harmonization is left to the student to think through. If Jesus is seen as the primus in one's relationship with his/her God then the student can try and use Rosicrucian teachings to better his/her relationship with Jesus.

Amorc is no different from Christianity.

I was judged based on my appearance and sex.
I guess you people see women as worthless beings.

Maybe you guys want rich looking people not knowing that not all that looks flashy have a dime in their pockets /bank accounts.

I am a seeker and I will find a teacher someway or another. Maybe not a human teacher because of the corrupt minds of humans.

Thanks for trying
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 12:05pm On May 19, 2017
clumpski:

Maybe you guys want rich looking people not knowing that not all that looks flashy have a dime in their pockets /bank accounts.

I am a seeker and I will find a teacher someway or another. Maybe not a human teacher because of the corrupt minds of humans.

Thanks for trying

Okay.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 5:28pm On May 20, 2017
clumpski:

Thanks for trying

what happened? did you go to their lodge? tell us the story, i would like to hear it.

op, what do you think about evolution? is it real? is that how man came into existence?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 6:00pm On May 25, 2017
@fratermatty what is your idea of God? is he a person, a force, an energy, or what exactly?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 6:01pm On May 25, 2017
@fratermathy what is your idea of God? is he a person, a force, an energy, or what exactly?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 1:50pm On May 26, 2017
MiddleDimension:
@fratermathy what is your idea of God? is he a person, a force, an energy, or what exactly?

The conception of God is deemed a personal thing in AMORC. AMORC doesn't have any dogma that prescribes how God should be or not. However, many students attune with God as a presence that exists within themselves like a microcosm of the macrocosm.

AMORC uses the term "Cosmic" to refer to the macrocosm.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 8:46pm On May 27, 2017
fratermathy, whats your thought on evolution?

do you also subscribe to the whole idea that the human being is composed several bodies or levels of conciousness? you and your fellow rosicrucians are always very confident that one doesnt have to believe anything, thay you only need to test/experiment and verify for one's self. so how do you know that the han being is composed of several bodies?
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 10:19pm On May 27, 2017
MiddleDimension:
fratermathy, whats your thought on evolution?

do you also subscribe to the whole idea that the human being is composed several bodies or levels of conciousness? you and your fellow rosicrucians are always very confident that one doesnt have to believe anything, thay you only need to test/experiment and verify for one's self. so how do you know that the han being is composed of several bodies?

Well, AMORC subscribes to the doctrine of metempsychosis, otherwise called reincarnation. However, this is not imposed on members. There are experiments that are geared towards verifying this practically. One of such is known as Past-Life Regression.

Secondly, AMORC believes the universe, man and other living things, are in a state of constant evolution. There are also means of proving this doctrine.

The truth is that AMORC gives you and expects you to test it before you believe it. There are no blind dogmas in AMORC.
Re: Ask Me Any Question(s) About AMORC And Other Esoteric Organisations In Nigeria by Babacele: 12:45am On May 28, 2017
....."but Elijah has come in the person of John the Baptist " said Jesus Christ. Was he talking about reincarnation?
Also when Christ said that the sin against the holy spirit won't be forgiven in this generation or the next, could he have been alluding to reincarnation?
Is it true that all Esenes including Jesus seem to believe and know about reincarnation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Archaeologists Unearth 2,500-Year-Old Palace Dating Back To The Kings Of Judah / Sandra Ezekwesili: 'Prophet TB Joshua Did Much Damage, His Ministry Was Toxic' / "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.