Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North (2818 Views)

Opinion: "APC - A Polygamous Conglomerate" / Opinion: APC, How Prepared Were We? / Opinion: APC Will Lose Kwara State Because Of Saraki And Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Kelklein(m): 12:07am On Mar 30, 2015
Don't get this wrong. I voted for the Peoples' General too but the kind of results being reeled out from the North for the Federal legislative elections should give every discerning mind a cause for concern..

There has been serious voting along party lines in all regions where considerations are not given to individuals concerned as long as he's an APC (Buhari) candidate. Imagine where APC sweeps every available positions, Senate and House of Representative alike all in the name of making a 'Buhari Statement'. This has been shown to occur in virtually all NW and NE states results reported so far. This is a disturbing trend for our evolving democracy.

Nigerians might end up creating another version of a monster they are trying to get rid of, with their own hands.. PDP started the same way in 1999 before they became untamable.

On another closer look, INEC should be held responsible for this as the presidential and parliamentary elections would have been held at different periods to enable voters choose their representatives properly as most voters who found themselves holding three ballot papers simply thumbprinted their party logo in the three. Most did not understand the implication of such impulsive act.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by ShineuEye: 12:10am On Mar 30, 2015
No matter who wins, Nigeria is hurtling towards the abyss. The militants are about to take off where boko haram ended.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by podosci(m): 12:12am On Mar 30, 2015
let me be frank with you, apart from GEJ and GMB represented byPDP and APC respectively, The common man has no knowledge of any other candidate for the senatorial and house of rep.
SO most people are going to vote either PDP or APC regardeless of the face being the party logo

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Raikishi(m): 12:13am On Mar 30, 2015
ShineuEye:
No matter who wins, Nigeria is hurtling towards the abyss. The militants are about to take off where boko haram ended.

In the words of asari dokubo "them no fit try am".

Militant wey don see money go back creek?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by abduljabbar4(m): 12:13am On Mar 30, 2015
Its okay by me. Ramalan Yero is worried
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by ziccoit: 12:15am On Mar 30, 2015
Are you blaming those people? PDP bring it upon itself. Situation will deal with itself as event unfold. No course for alarm bros.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by ziccoit: 12:20am On Mar 30, 2015
ShineuEye:

In protection of multibillion Naira pipeline security contract. This is among the reason GEJ is loosing this election. GMB is coming to correct such anomaly. Whoever stands in the way of progress will be dealt with according to the law of land.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by haftob(m): 12:25am On Mar 30, 2015
This is exactly what happened in Oyo state too, ppl are voting oda APC candidates in the name of buhari. The Presidential election shud nt av been held on the same day as the parliamenatry elections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by uncleFola(m): 12:27am On Mar 30, 2015
This is so true op, many ppl voted for personality when it comes to Buhari vs Jonathan, but d bone of contention is that while ppl were voting for those 2 ppl, they can in that process Vote for who they don't even know..... Same thing apply to me, I only voted for Party when it comes to Rep/senate, bcuz what made me vote for APC at the presidential level, I voted APC all tru, nd I am sure this will happen to large number of ppl..... But anyways! Where there is good leader, the followers has no choice than to be good...... We pray for the best to emerge...........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by lexy070(m): 12:29am On Mar 30, 2015
i hv said it and wud always say it. People voted 4 de party (APC) not individual. No matter de person dey jst want change. APC campaign team did deir very best packaged a 4 time losser to be a very viable candidate 2 Nigerians. People voted PDP out not GEJ. Dey re tired of 16 years witout progress as a country (OBJ,UMY,GEJ are all invovled in 16 years of suffering).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by kheart(m): 12:33am On Mar 30, 2015
D mistake we made in 2011 was voting for other parties outside cpc whch made it easier 4 pdp to rig
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by gists: 12:33am On Mar 30, 2015
I completely agree with the OP. But right now, what is important to people is to get rid of GEJ from aso rock - whatever the electioneering collateral damage may be.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by joystickextendr: 12:43am On Mar 30, 2015
Hmm time will tell..
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Kelklein(m): 12:56am On Mar 30, 2015
gists:
I completely agree with the OP. But right now, what is important to people is to get rid of GEJ from aso rock - whatever the electioneering collateral damage may be.
"electioneering collateral damage"...like the sound of that... but I only hope INEC has picked a lesson or 2 from the outcome of this exercise
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by egift(m): 1:18am On Mar 30, 2015
OP, here is what you need to know: "President" Buhari is coming in for a lot of structural reforms, massive development and war on corruption, so he need all the support he can get from the National Assembly to get these reforms through without too much compromise that will water things down.

Under Buhari, Nigerians will need to feel dividends of democracy personally and corruption will need to be halted immediately - to do any of those, you need the backing of the Lawmakers.

It is well for Nigeria. Sai Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:21am On Mar 30, 2015
Nice observation OP, GEJ just rob his bad luck on other PDP candidates contesting for senate and house...imagine Smart Adeyemi losing to Dino Melaye in Kogi state....Big Badluck oh.
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by MalcoImX: 1:24am On Mar 30, 2015
ShineuEye:
Let them take off if they think Boko Haram is a good thing.
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Change2015(m): 1:29am On Mar 30, 2015
You cannot fault the voters for rejecting a President and members of his party who appear to have done little to help him govern better. Even with a majority in the legislature Jonathan was unable to pass the pib bill which is his own governments proposal. In an established democracy that would require his resignation or at least a vote of confidence. Too few legislators have made a real connection with their constituents and they are paying a price for it now. That is how democracy works. The APC will be aware of what could happen to them in 4yrs and they will sit up and work so the voters actions will secure benefits for them by bringing forth a more attentive government.

#change
#GMB
#APC

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by dustmalik: 1:36am On Mar 30, 2015
As a Buhari fan, here are my concerns.

To be honest, I'm not too optimistic anymore. Look at what is happening in Rivers state, yet Inec are insisting that elections were well conducted over there, and that they have no evidence to the contrary.

Also, look at the figures coming out from the core Northern states where GMB is suppose to have massive upturn, they have been very low. Like someone said earlier, the South East were allowed to use manual accreditation, while it would seem the North were only allowed to use the Card reader.

So if you ask me, things aren't really going well for GMB, and it's disheartening.

Only God knows what is happening in other parts of the SS/SE. What if PDP gets 98% or more votes over there.
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by ribbit: 1:37am On Mar 30, 2015
op is absolutely on point.. we are looking at another 2003 when pdp became the complete monster.

same thing happened in oyo today where are apc member won the senatorial sits by riding buhari's luck ..

over populated apc house would will be very bad for our democracy .. it should be balance
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by adconline(m): 1:39am On Mar 30, 2015
Good for democracy! The Era of one-party state/affairs is GONE!
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by MisterLongman(m): 1:44am On Mar 30, 2015
Holding Inec responsible does not make any sense.
Blame it partly on the lack of exposure of electorates in this areas and maybe because of the resentment of the pdp in the north.
Its the Pdp that caused the self destructive impact that the Apc is now benefiting hugely from because of their actions and inactions in the north

1 Like

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by koruji(m): 1:45am On Mar 30, 2015
You are being a little clever. In 2011, it was the same. Buhari swept the north, Jonathan swept the SE and SS, the SW decided the winner. But the votes that came out of the SS and SE were in the form of 95% for Jonathan, with turnout 90% in most locations. It will likely be the same in the states where PDP still hold sway in 2015 i.e. except Edo and Rivers. So please save the addendum. PDP has perfected rigging for the last 16 years but Tinubu's strategies and Joe-boy's abysmal rule caught up with them.

Kelklein:
Don't get this wrong. I voted for the Peoples' General too but the kind of results being reeled out from the North for the Federal legislative elections should give every discerning mind a cause for concern..

There has been serious voting along party lines in all regions where considerations are not given to individuals concerned as long as he's an APC (Buhari) candidate. Imagine where APC sweeps every available positions, Senate and House of Representative alike all in the name of making a 'Buhari Statement'. This has been shown to occur in virtually all NW and NE states results reported so far. This is a disturbing trend for our evolving democracy.

Nigerians might end up creating another version of a monster they are trying to get rid of, with their own hands.. PDP started the same way in 1999 before they became untamable.

On another closer look, INEC should be held responsible for this as the presidential and parliamentary elections would have been held at different periods to enable voters choose their representatives properly as most voters who found themselves holding three ballot papers simply thumbprinted their party logo in the three. Most did not understand the implication of such impulsive act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by akatekpe(m): 2:09am On Mar 30, 2015
Some people won't reason along with the OP yet untill we start hearing the "Is" stand in both chambers of NAS for the good and the bad which should be deliberated on properly if the Opposition is much
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Kelklein(m): 2:16am On Mar 30, 2015
koruji:
You are being a little clever. In 2011, it was the same. Buhari swept the north, Jonathan swept the SE and SS, the SW decided the winner. But the votes that came out of the SS and SE were in the form of 95% for Jonathan, with turnout 90% in most locations. It will likely be the same in the states where PDP still hold sway in 2015 i.e. except Edo and Rivers. So please save the addendum. PDP has perfected rigging for the last 16 years but Tinubu's strategies and Joe-boy's abysmal rule caught up with them.

I get what you mean..My point really is on the parliamentary elections. The way a single party is 'sweeping' the seats because of the influence of a presidential election held at the same time. It's overwhelmingly faulty thereby making a mess of the so-called democracy.
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Babsonline: 2:27am On Mar 30, 2015
mods move d discussion to front page
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Nuzo1(m): 2:28am On Mar 30, 2015
Kelklein:

I understand your fears, but I can assure you there's no cause for alarm.

If APC eventually wins most NASS seats due to the fact that people voted for party and not individuals, then it shows that nobody is indispensable. And that includes APC when the next election comes. By then (2019), voters would have learnt the hard way to vote for individuals than party.

Again, its a good thing. Our democracy is developing.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by wasak(m): 3:10am On Mar 30, 2015
the main problem I have observed even before this election is that representation in the national assembly now hold allegiance to party rather than their electorates. the implication of this is that it is difficult for members from d same political party to hold different views irrespective of their electorates. Take a look at the national conference and d appointment of ministers saga.

The positive thing about this however is that, should APC win majority seats by less popular members riding on the General's luck, it'll be difficult for d few PDP representatives to hinder d much awaited change, as they would be the minority and allegiance to their party wouldn't count.

On a final note, I'm quite disappointed with the votes from the north. I expected a 95 % victory, but what I'm seeing is 90%,this means should SS&SE deliver 98% for PDP, their 10% in the north might make up for their defeat.
But in any event, d h lies in d southwest, should APC win with 60%, change would be a reality.
meanwhile
#Sai Baba
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by koboko69: 6:58am On Mar 30, 2015
ShineuEye:
buhari will handle.them.with iron gloves unlike the wicked, useless president who claimed he treated terrorism with kids gloves

1 Like

Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by dazangel11(f): 7:09am On Mar 30, 2015
Nuzo1:

I understand your fears, but I can assure you there's no cause for alarm.

If APC eventually wins most NASS seats due to the fact that people voted for party and not individuals, then it shows that nobody is indispensable. And that includes APC when the next election comes. By then (2019), voters would have learnt the hard way to vote for individuals than party.

Again, its a good thing. Our democracy is developing.

I am very sure that APC will never conduct a free and credible election in Nigeria those guys I don't just trust them.

naira land may not be available to complain then
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Nuzo1(m): 7:36am On Mar 30, 2015
dazangel11:

I am very sure that APC will never conduct a free and credible election in Nigeria those guys I don't just trust them.

Nooo...it won't be a matter of if they like it or not. The insults and stiff opposition Jona's government experienced will be child's play compared to what the APC government will get should they win. Well, except they become perfect which is very impossible.

It won't be a military government. Even it will be, people are no more afraid these days.
Re: Opinion: APC Making A Self-Destructive Impact In The North by Nuzo1(m): 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2015
dazangel11:

Trust me, the APC government will have no option than to improve on the electoral process that is about to bring them to power. The Jagaban will be wise enough to limit his godfather attitude to West alone.

Strong institutions instead of just strong individuals are being built. And once institutions get strong, its hard for individuals or a group of people to tamper with it.

(1) (Reply)

This Sad Invent Happened This Morning. / Money To Be Distributed By APC In Rivers Election Just Landed Now(photo) / Woman's Intestines Pops Out In Deadly Fulani Herdsman Attack (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.