Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch (774 Views)

HELP: Voter's Card Registration For First-time Voters / No Voter’s Card, No Alcohol, Kenya’s Murang’a Bar Owners Demand / Re: INEC Voter’s Registration & The PVC Collection; How’s The Progress... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by zikclassiq(m): 5:06am On Mar 30, 2015
The Ambassador of the United States to Nigeria,
Mr. James Entwistle, has applauded the decision
of the Independent National Electoral
Commission to use the Permanent Voter Card in
the general elections which commenced on
Saturday.
The ambassador, who spoke with journalists at
the International Conference Centre, venue of
the National Collation Centre of the election
results, on Sunday said Nigeria’s PVC involved
superior technology which his state of Virginia in
the US needed to copy.
He said, “I am very impressed by the decision of
INEC to use technology in this election. The
Permanent Voter Cards are very high-tech.
“They are more high tech than my voter card
from the state of Virginia in the US. My voter
card does not have biometric. It does not have
my fingerprint. The high-tech gives the process
more integrity.
“I congratulate INEC on taking the part of High-
tech. I think we need to come and study it so
that we can use it in my country.”
The ambassador expressed hope that INEC
would address the challenges experienced in the
use of card readers and move forward.
Entwistle, who said he monitored the elections in
Abuja, expressed satisfaction over the patience
and dedication of Nigerians to the smooth
conduct of the exercise.
He said, “I was extremely impressed. On
Saturday, I went to number of places in the FCT.
Every place I went, I was impressed by the
patience and dedication of the Nigerian voter. I
found that inspirational.”
Entwistle further said Nigerians had reminded
the world of how beautiful democracy was.
He said the expectation of the American
government “is that the Nigerian people will win”.
He added that his country’s government would
be willing to work with anybody who emerged as
winner of the presidential election.
He said, “I mean they (the people) will get what
they want which of course is a transparent,
credible and non-violent election. We look
forward to working with whatever government
emerges from the election.”
www.punchng.com/news/pvc-better-than-us-voter-card-ambassador/
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by KenJak(m): 5:08am On Mar 30, 2015
Okay
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by Mynd44: 5:09am On Mar 30, 2015
Provided by GEJ!!!
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:25am On Mar 30, 2015
Only that it failed in some area couple with deliberate lies concurted to discredit it
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 30, 2015
[s]
Mynd44:
Provided by GEJ!!!
[/s]

Provided by Jega which kicked Jonathan out!!

That's how you people gave the glory of Ebola fight to Jonathan. After fighting tooth and nail to stop the use of CR you still dey call him smelly name for here?
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by PassingShot(m): 5:41am On Mar 30, 2015
Mynd44:
Provided by GEJ!!!

Jega's idea it was.
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by madridguy(m): 5:42am On Mar 30, 2015
Good news
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by Mynd44: 5:43am On Mar 30, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

Provided by Jega which kicked Jonathan out!!

That's how you people gave the glory of Ebola fight to Jonathan. After fighting tooth and nail to stop the use of CR you still dey call him smelly name for here?
You people are mean cry
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 30, 2015
Mynd44:

You people are mean cry

What are friends for? grin
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by Danhumprey: 5:58am On Mar 30, 2015

“I congratulate INEC on taking the part of High-
tech. I think we need to come and study it so
that we can use it in my country.”
Come and study what? Like they don't already know about it.tongue
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:11am On Mar 30, 2015
Hahahhaha...the man just wants to make us happy. Study wetin? Where did the technology come from in the first place? Was it not from the West?

Let them come and learn other good things about us abeg!
Re: PVC Better Than US Voter Card Says US Ambassador- Punch by zikclassiq(m): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2015
Ayoakinkahunsi:
Only that it failed in some area couple with deliberate lies concurted to discredit it
true

(1) (Reply)

Official :personal Award For The Most Reasonable & Matured Lady In This Section / White Man Turns Black After Receiving Liver Transplant / Osun Workers Reject Half Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.