Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

What Now Happens To APGA? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Now Happens To APGA? (1073 Views)

What Now Happens To The Allocation For Subsidy In The Budget? / Bayelsa Apc Leader Timipre Sylva Loses Unit And Ward To Apga / My Candid Advice To APGA And Her Governorship Candidate, Alex Oti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Now Happens To APGA? by doctokwus: 2:59am On Mar 31, 2015
With the announcement of d NASS results in Anambra,with a sitting APGA governor and Abia state where APGA was deemed strong, its been a terrible day for d party.
APGA lost all senatorial and reps seats in anambra and didn't fare any better in abia.
With a deluge of protests from its candidates,including incumbent chairman Tony Umeh,against the PDP for having allegedly rigged d elections, APGA has now come to realise d kind of party it made friends with!
I feel APGA miscalculated badly and is paying d price of d shortsightedness of Willy Obiano and its other leaders.
If APGA had gone into alliance with d APC, added to the strong presence of rochas in Imo, Ibos would have taken away that stigma that APC is an anathema in Igbo land and things would definitely have been better for its candidates.
With d situation of things now,I doubt if APGA would be relevant when obiano recontests because he definitely can no longer use d state resources to sustain a party that doesn't have federal patronage any longer.
Its a shame because I honestly wanted or hoped that with good performances in anambra and abia,it cud serve as a springboard to trying to make APGA a third national party with time,that cud serve as a strong player in national politics to expand d options for Nigerians.
But now all looks lost due to sycophancy and extreme shortsightedness of some people who were supposed to be d beckons of a strong Igbo nation.Instead they chose to lick d ars e of d most daft person to ever rule Nigeria, now that person has bleeped them big time,leaving d very existence of APGA up in d air.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Now Happens To APGA? by madamoringo(f): 3:03am On Mar 31, 2015
AGIP always lose! Since the days of Balewa until now, the days of the retardaft president, AGIP always suffer losses!

1 Like

Re: What Now Happens To APGA? by Scatterboss(m): 3:38am On Mar 31, 2015
doctokwus:
With the announcement of d NASS results in Anambra,with a sitting APGA governor and Abia state where APGA was deemed strong, its been a terrible day for d party.
APGA lost all senatorial and reps seats in anambra and didn't fare any better in abia.
With a deluge of protests from its candidates,including incumbent chairman Tony Umeh,against the PDP for having allegedly rigged d elections, APGA has now come to realise d kind of party it made friends with!
I feel APGA miscalculated badly and is paying d price of d shortsightedness of Willy Obiano and its other leaders.
If APGA had gone into alliance with d APC, added to the strong presence of rochas in Imo, Ibos would have taken away that stigma that APC is an anathema in Igbo land and things would definitely have been better for its candidates.
With d situation of things now,I doubt if APGA would be relevant when obiano recontests because he definitely can no longer use d state resources to sustain a party that doesn't have federal patronage any longer.
Its a shame because I honestly wanted or hoped that with good performances in anambra and abia,it cud serve as a springboard to trying to make APGA a third national party with time,that cud serve as a strong player in national politics to expand d options for Nigerians.
But now all looks lost due to sycophancy and extreme shortsightedness of some people who were supposed to be d beckons of a strong Igbo nation.Instead they chose to lick d ars e of d most daft person to ever rule Nigeria, now that person has bleeped them big time,leaving d very existence of APGA up in d air.

PDP played a fast one on them in Abia and Anambra. They were busy mocking APC not knowing that they are gradually becoming irrelevant.Though, I like the Obiano guy.

3 Likes

Re: What Now Happens To APGA? by stepone(m): 3:42am On Mar 31, 2015
SS will always betray SE. SS are Conny pple, you SE were told to support Change, u rejected. see ur life!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Now Happens To APGA? by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 31, 2015
I expect the first set of people to pay GMB a visit on May 29 to be people in APGA.
Re: What Now Happens To APGA? by mensdept: 4:50am On Mar 31, 2015
stepone:
SS will always betray SE. SS are Conny pple, you SE were told to support Change, u rejected. see ur life!!!

Lets not behave local here. This is not a matter of SS betraying SE or South betraying GEJ. This is Nigeria, where not only the strong, but smart survive. Rochas' main reasoning for leaving APGA as he said in an interview available on Youtube, was that APGA was "just" a regional party.

Well regional parties are the backbone for national power anywhere anytime.

And even so, I can't fault him completely, especially when dealing with a semi-illiterate chairman called Umeh who is doing 4 year terms as chairman as if he's HOS.

In PDP, there are nothing but thugs parading themselves as governor and senator (i.e, Theo Orji) and yet no outcry or strong demands to oust his likes, like you are seeing with the huge rallies in the north for sharia, Buhari, and even the support for Boko Haram.

The southwest as as usual voted en bloc for the common sense party (one which ensures their continual role in Naija as property owners, industry, ports ownerships, etc.)

So again, its more than just SS betraying SE
Re: What Now Happens To APGA? by ladi02(m): 5:43am On Mar 31, 2015
If APGA did not win any election, they will be de-registered
Re: What Now Happens To APGA? by MisterLongman(m): 6:39am On Mar 31, 2015
Pdp don do Apga tactical wayo.......
The pdp dey were doing eye service for has deflated their erection (ego) in the south east. The Apc they claimed were filled with just aggrieved people now have the majority in the senate while they have none.....
This election was the best chance to solidify themselves in the political sphere and differentiate themselves from other mushroom parties but now they are standing on a shaky ground with just one important elective position in Anambra at the moment. One can't the governor may even leave in the nearest future now that the egoistic umeh has been humbled and levelled by Pdp.

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia:we Will Shut Down S'african Firms In The Country -nigeria Youths / Breaking News:akwa Ibom Pdp Elders Paid 2million To Visit Buhari / Jonathan Sends Confab Report To N’assembly For Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.