Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,456 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:20 PM

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months (3396 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by sonnusd: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2015
hello,
i needed a travel advice, i had overstayed my student visa in UK by 5 months and voluntarily left the country in december 2010 after completing my degree.
since then i have had a steady employment in kuwait, been married and visited countries like singapore and Dubai.
me and my wife now wish to travel to Berlin, Germany for a holiday in the coming months .
i would like to know if the overstay in UK will affect my visit visa and travels to other European countries. and if so, how long ?
thank you for your advice.
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by GoldCircle: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2015
imagine, no response since 7:14am! Everyone is in the politics arena. My guy, my guess is that it will sure affect you. Most European countries have this cooperation going on between them.
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by JKWilliams: 5:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
You should not have overstayed. Try and place your application and if the issue comes up during interview be honest in your response.
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Moana(f): 6:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Change your surname to your wife's surname and get a new passport... Shikena
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 02, 2015
Moana:
Change your surname to your wife's surname and get a new passport... Shikena
how abt his finger print,wont dat affect him
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by worry357: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
Prehaps he can use his wifes fingerprints as well! grin
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
worry357:

Prehaps he can use his wifes fingerprints as well! grin
chairman,mesef come tire oo..Lol
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Moana(f): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
he will get his brother to put his finger print for him
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
Moana:
he will get his brother to put his finger print for him
it doesnt work that way..u wuld be checked and wat if ue print doesnt match d framed print at d embassy or wherever they gona check
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Moana(f): 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
it doesnt work that way..u wuld be checked and wat if ue print doesnt match d framed print at d embassy or wherever they gona check
then he will say the biometric machine wasnt working properly when he got his visagrin
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Moana:
then he will say the biometric machine wasnt working properly when he got his visagrin
kindly try dat,when it works,pls holla so i can tell odas to try it
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Moana(f): 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
kindly try dat,when it works,pls holla so i can tell odas to try it
well i havent overstayed in the UK for 5months
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Moana:
well i havent overstayed in the UK for 5months
Lol..ok 'MOAN' a..
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Moana(f): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
AlphaGentMan:
Lol..ok 'MOAN' a..
see your life lol
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
Moana:
see your life lol
Lmaoo grin ..av a nice evening joor
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by Bob12: 3:25am On Apr 04, 2015
@sonnusd
Overstaying in the UK attracts a 1 year ban if you leave voluntarily at your own expense.
However, it can be 5-10 years ban if you are forced out at the state expense.
Since you left UK voluntarily at your own expense since 2010, you have nothing to worry about.
What I will advise is that you should be truthful in filling your visa form, state everything as it is and with your presence status, I do not see them denying you the visa.
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by sonnusd: 11:46am On Apr 05, 2015
hey guys
thanks for the response and making it more clear to me. i guess i will give it a try. thanks a ton.
Re: Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months by erico2k2(m): 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
sonnusd:
hello,
i needed a travel advice, i had overstayed my student visa in UK by 5 months and voluntarily left the country in december 2010 after completing my degree.
since then i have had a steady employment in kuwait, been married and visited countries like singapore and Dubai.
me and my wife now wish to travel to Berlin, Germany for a holiday in the coming months .
i would like to know if the overstay in UK will affect my visit visa and travels to other European countries. and if so, how long ?
thank you for your advice.
GO on and apply, I do not think its going to be significant, if it arises as an issue prepare a good explanation why you could not leave in time.

(1) (Reply)

Richard & John Lander; Explorers Who Prove The Niger Rivers Flows In The Bight O / Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship / My Amazing Experience On A Night Bus From Lagos To Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.