Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] (32356 Views)

Dino Melaye's ABU Statement Of Results (Photo) / Wonderful Question From PDP On Brass Results (photo) / T.A Orji Gives Out 30 Cars To Abia Youths; Donates Bus To NANS Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by lalasticlala(m): 10:34am On Mar 31, 2015
A group of youths from various local government areas in Abia State have on Monday, March 30, 2015 stormed the state Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC office with different placards expressing their grievances with the results of the just concluded general elections.

The police officials in the state blocked the road leading to the INEC office, while the protesters on their part blocked a section of the road leading to the state secretariat and the INEC office.

The protesters alleged that the presidential and the National Assembly elections were full of manipulation and rigging.

The protesters demanded that the result be cancelled as it does not represent the general will of the electorates, adding that there was no election in some centres where results were declared.

One of the protesters said, “How can somebody lose elections in all the wards and polling units in his constituency and end up winning at the INEC office?”

The leader of the group, Nwaji Silvanus, said, “There was no election on Saturday in various parts of the state. Cases of ballot boxes snatched and thumb printed were discovered, yet, INEC accepted the result.

“The result sheets were doctored and totally different from what they recorded from the fields. The people know who they voted for and they have come to express their displeasure at the subversion of the will of the people.”

One of the protesters, who gave his name as Emmanuel Uzo said, “The result as it stands currently does not represent the wish of the people.

“We will not accept the results. They did not reflect our wishes.”

Also speaking was an elderly man, Kingsley Eboh, also claimed that results were announced from his polling unit even though there was no election at the unit as the INEC officials fled following an attack.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/abia-youths-protest-election-results-say-not-represent-peoples-wish-photo/

2 Shares

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by suwailad(f): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2015
Seriously, abia is inconsequential to our votes. Even votes from a state like Katsina will cover three SE states combined, so these youths are on their own wasting time when they should be at home sipping wine and celebrating for APC

13 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by KingTom(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2015
They want that useless piglet Orji Ochendo the ape out!!!! How can the most useless thing ever to Govern Nigeria say he won as a Senator? These people also want the fisherman deported back to the creeks! They are hungry for Change!!!!

Sai Buhari!
#Babanowthatyouarethere please help this country
grin grin grin

31 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Crocz(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2015
I have reasons to believe that there have been some serious alterations and manipulation to the result at collation units. How Kwara state APC votes extended to 302 from about 280 and PDP reduced from about 158 to 132 is beyond me. I'm all for change but I'm not for magomago

INEC still have lots to do for the next election. They need to do something to cover this loophole.

I trust Jega, nobody will present mathematically unreasonable, statistically skewed, practically impossible and obviously skewed results here!...hence the Rivers investigation

In other news, GEJ be like: "hmm, oro wa do ju e poooo (now the matter is serious), ilu wo mo wa fe sa lo bayi? (Where can I run to now?)" grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by segzyj(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2015
500 Naira can make some people misbehave

9 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by akinsadeez(m): 10:38am On Mar 31, 2015
This is the season of protests. Everybody just they protest and demonstrate everywhere. Youths, Old people, even women sef join the demonstration and protest mania. We are in a real demo-crazy period.

Both parties rigged. Neither of them is innocent. It is an attack and counter attack situation. These jobless youths should go and find work to do rather than wasting their time protesting an already settled case.

1 Like

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by divide: 10:39am On Mar 31, 2015
suwailad:
Seriously, abia is inconsequential to our votes. Even votes from a state like Katsina will cover three SE states combined, so these youths are on their own wasting time when they should be at home sipping wine and celebrating for APC

i don't think they are talking national, this is to show what pdp!gs did over there (SE/SS) they are now fighting themselves and not even APC

9 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by DrLee(m): 10:39am On Mar 31, 2015
what's wrong with these people sef. are the youths in Kano protesting?
definately paid pple
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by suwailad(f): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2015
divide:

i don't think they are talking national, this is to show what PDP did over there (SE/SS) they are now fighting themselves and not even APC

then praise to Jehovah for sending confusion in their midst

3 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by JonaTheClown: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2015
ok
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by MrPatoh: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2015
Let it not erupt into violence.
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Generalkorex(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2015
INEC Should just announce The Results
of APC and PDP, other parties can buy
scratch card to check theirs on INEC
WEBSITE jare

5 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Burger01(m): 11:02am On Mar 31, 2015
smiley
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:02am On Mar 31, 2015
sad sad sad
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Nairalandar: 11:02am On Mar 31, 2015
Please where can i buy INEC result scratch card? i wanna check the results by myself the announcement process is taking too much time
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by imsuboi(m): 11:02am On Mar 31, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by CLEARINGAGENT: 11:02am On Mar 31, 2015
HOPE U NT PAID ?, IF SO U VE D RIGHT BT PEACEFULLY.
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by onosprince(m): 11:02am On Mar 31, 2015
[size=17pt]Nna Make dem go sleep... GEJ for President...[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by MaleoPearls(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
Yes. I can say unequivocally that Ochendo cannot win even one polling unit in Abia state. The man is just a thief...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by omenka(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
Are they protesting the results from Enugu
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Pavore9: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
Season of protests!
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Fribery: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
Shame on you people.

out of over 1 million reg voters only 400000 came out to vote...

pray dat buhari remembers ur as5es .
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
I just hope Abia is fully investigated. Abia deserves better than the PDP.

APGA for ABIA.

9 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by januzaj(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
sai baba
After the presidential election
CHUKWUDI and BARCANISTA were so ashamed of
GEJ defeat that they
decided to disguise themselves so as not to be
recognized.CHUKWUDI disguised himself as a
monk and
was walking on the street when suddenly an old
lady walked up to him and said "CHUKWUDI how
far
na?". CHUKWUDI was so surprised that he ran
away
annoyed that the old woman could recognize him
despite his disguise.
Disappointed, he went home and dressed as a
pregnant woman, again he bumped into the same
old lady and she said, "CHUKWUDI how far na, see
as
you just run the other day". Confused and
frustrated CHUKWUDIasked "but mama how do you
keep
recognizing me despite my disguises"? The old
lady replied: "Hahaha, CHUKWUDI na wa for you
oh, look
me well na, It's me BARCANISTA".

12 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by BRAINTORMS(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
They may be protesting the results of Senate and House of representatives, And I guess you know that should matter to them, probably more
suwailad:

1 Like

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2015
Protest?
Shey they want to vote twice ni? undecided
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2015
Say No to Election Rigging
Likes for GMB and Shares for GEJ

7 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Afrocatalyst: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2015
No igbo man should come out and say the election was rigged. What were they doing on election day? Busy eating Nkwobi and Hero. Most locked up themselves inside while watching the elections on their flat screens. Imagine Abia state could nt produce up to 300,000 votes for their candidate. Anambra cannot produce 1million. While Kano alone polled almost 2million votes for their candidate,katsina same.

When the hausa man says leadership is their right,respect that! They knw what they say cos they back it up wit action. They could have stayed at home too watching, afterall they have even bigger LCDs. But they choose to be players nt spectators. They also have beer and burukutu there,bt they choose to vote. Why wouldnt they make such claims?

Abeg make igbos go rest joor,they're still in political widerness as long as Naija is concerned.

Am an Igbo man btw but a player in politics nt a spectator.

10 Likes

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2015
SMH

These protest can be contagious.

Let our youths have sense abeg.
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by martincbarton: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2015
Election tribunal things............
Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by CyberEBOLA(m): 11:05am On Mar 31, 2015
FINALLY APC WON THE ELECTION.

1 Like

Re: Abia Youths Protest Election Results [photo] by sigidporte(m): 11:05am On Mar 31, 2015
So far that OcheThief is booted out, im okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Visits Scene Of Hausa And Yoruba Fight Scene In Agiliti, Mile 12 - Photos / Obituary Poster Of Briskila, Solomon Dalung's Wife (Photo) / Bola Tinubu With Officials Of APC UK Chapter In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.