Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:31 AM

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (37717 Views)

Poll: Do they REALLY hate us?

Yes: 61% (83 votes)
No: 38% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 05, 2006
grin angry its funny and also annoying to see Nigerian been treated like shit in some west African countries e.g Ghana, Cameroun, in Cameroun they so much hate nigerians that i they ever hear you are a Nigerian they will separate yo from the audience lik a criminal and here we treat the Togolese like a brother but there i was molested even my Nigerian people , please Nigerians do something

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by edygirl(f): 12:53am On Sep 05, 2006
Oya everybody gather your sword, let's go fight them. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by gigitte(f): 1:16am On Sep 05, 2006
jealousy can make ppl do strange things

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by bluenubian(f): 2:56am On Sep 05, 2006
thats their problem, jealousy jealousy, na him dey worry dem!!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dblock(m): 4:54am On Sep 05, 2006
I don't give a toot if the whole world hates Nigeria. Just a slongs as we can better ouselves.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by mamaput(f): 8:39am On Sep 05, 2006
Maybe its just pay back day.
Nigerians also treat other Africans like S*it do they not?.
For them all Ghana men are thieves and all Ghana women ashawo.Thats just an example.
All Niger people beggers, Segenal just too ugly to be true.
Togo poor not even worth the insult ( as in togo what is that)

5 Likes

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Sammiejo: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2006
Maybe it has just come to your notice, but frankly speaking Nigerians are the most hated Africans in the World.Where ever we are people do not like us because of known record we are stereotyped as being bad. To make matters worse other Africans use our Passport and pose as Nigerians. When they are caught in criminal activities, , . You know the rest.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by gigitte(f): 10:42am On Sep 05, 2006
lol mamaput. do you treat other africans like shit? cos i dont
nigerians are proud ppl, no body can tell them shit. this pride should not be taken for arrogance.
as for me it is jealousy that is worrying them
and nigerians are known for their hospitality so im not really sure where this maltreatment is coming from
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by aloib(f): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2006
tell me bout ghana hating naija, mayne its just jealosy o, mamaput i dont think naijas treat other africans like shit, in naija once ure not a nigerian, i can swear that they treat u nice, i know that, even here in the philippines, any black person is nigerian, its just so funny, theres this liberian man, everyone thinks he is my dad, i'm like hes not even a nigerian sef, thats just to show u that we outstand all other african countries,

3 Likes

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by clocky(m): 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2006
They hate our guts thats why
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by gidig(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2006
I think that most other Africans are simply Jealous Of Nigerians.With all of our challenges, they wish they were like us. We are many and we bond together when we need to.WE are loud and necessarily dont have this servant mentality. From the good to the bad to the ugly, any first in black Africa, we are the one.

It gets under their skin and thats why they 'hate' us.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by omonozozo(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2006
Other Africans hate Nigerians! this is not new. But when they are in trouble it is only Naija that can help them. Just the other day in front of my house three Cameroonians were been beaten up by some oyinbos, if not for my intervention they would have died. I helped despite the fact that they were not Nigerians. You would expect them to show some appreciation but no they will continue to hate until they die. NONSENSE! angry
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2006
many years ago,I had a friend from Botswana(Southern Africa) who told me that on several ocassions when she told Oyibo people where she was from,they'll ask "Is it somewhere in Nigeria"?

I laugh tire.

2 Likes

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by omonozozo(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2006
babyosisi:

many years ago,I had a friend from Botswana(Southern Africa) who told me that on several ocassions when she told Oyibo people where she was from,they'll ask "Is it somewhere in Nigeria"?

I laugh tire.

Why did they ask her that? what is it about her.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2006
I think the reason is that a lot of oyibos only know about Nigeria when they think of African countries.

I have also met a few who thought other African countries were within Nigeria and one in particular that thought Africa was a country where men and wild animals co existed and she went ahead to tell me all these tales of Africa and the barbarian nature of "those people" until I told her I was African .
Her next statements were,I thought you said you were Nigerian and the second was,you definitely do not look African.

Whatever that means.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by omonozozo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2006
Fare Enough! cool
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Constantin: 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2006
Without sounding arrogant, our country - despite its massive problems - is a "mega-superpower" in the eyes of those economic "minnows" surrounding Naija. grin grin grin

If a welathy Nigerian billionaire goes out to buy entire Ghana and Togo as a dessert, it would not scratch a Nigerian fly but it make entire nations revolt in despair and anger. wink

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Constantin: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2006
Without sounding arrogant, our country - despite its massive problems - is a "mega-superpower" in the eyes of those economic "minnows" surrounding Naija. grin grin grin

If a wealthy Nigerian billionaire went out in order to buy entire Ghana and Togo as a dessert, it would not scratch a Nigerian fly but it would make entire nations - surrounding Nigeria - revolt in despair and anger. wink
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2006
I don't agree though that other Africans or West Africans hate us.
That has not been my experience.
I have close Cameroonian and Ghanian friends.

I am very careful of Nigerians myself due to all the 419.That does not mean I hate my people.
The reality is that many Nigerians perhaps due to the lack and corruption in our nation are very corrupt,coniving and crafty.
I am careful when dealing with us even here in the states you can't let down your guards.
Wasn't it a Nigerian working in a bank in Houston that sold private info of customers to 419 people who got credit cards and ran up charges in the unsuspecting victims names.
Are we the only Africans in America?

Do you know how many Nigerians including Doctors,pastors and Lawyers in American prisons for fraud and the like.
Our people have given us a bad name and it's an uphill task redeeming that image for the honest citizens.

3 Likes

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by clocky(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2006
true talk
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by gigitte(f): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2006
but the thing is ppl from other african countries e,.g GHANA and elsewhere sef now do 419 in our name, so that we get all the flack for it. hiss
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Bossman(m): 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2006
I have quite a few friends from Ghana and Cameroon. Actually, one of my neighbors is from Cameroon. Personally, I have not experienced any kind of hatred from the ones I have met. You will not believe how much these guys look up to Nigeria. They believe any kind of development/advancement in W. Africa starts in Nigeria. One of them even went as far as saying that if it was not for 419, Nigeria would have been a great country, don't know about that though. I guess he said that because 49 has really tarnished Nigeria's image in the western world.  My neighbors wife just got back from Cameroon, and she brought back about 12 Nigerian movies. I go to their functions and they always invite me to their functions an treat me like one of them.  

This is just my experience and I know everyone's will vary. But, we cannot just generalize about a group of people.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by omonozozo(m): 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2006
Bossman:

I have quite a few friends from Ghana and Cameroon. Actually, one of my neighbors is from Cameroon. Personally, I have not experienced any kind of hatred from the ones I have met. You will not believe how much these guys look up to Nigeria. They believe any kind of development/advancement in W. Africa starts in Nigeria. One of them even went as far as saying that if it was not for 419, Nigeria would have been a great country, don't know about that though. I guess he said that because 49 has really tarnished Nigeria's image in the western world. My neighbors wife just got back from Cameroon, and she brought back about 12 Nigerian movies. I go to their functions and they always invite me to their functions an treat me like one of them.

This is just my experience and I know everyone's will vary. But, we cannot just generalize about a group of people.
You are probable right, it is all an exaggeration. Most Africans I know do not show hatred to me.

1 Like

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2006
infact a lot of girls from other African countries think Nigerian men are the best.
Most of the Nigerian movies I watched were at the home of my Togolese hair braider.
They say our men are very handsome and romantic and I think it's a compliment.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by clocky(m): 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2006
yea right
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ToddTerry: 12:05am On Sep 08, 2006
have ya seen those togolese men ooooo u would agreed how bout those boys from burkina faso oooo.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 4:03am On Sep 10, 2006
You guys are right - many african countries look up to nigeria for being bright, industrious etc.

But I also believe that many africans are jealous of nigerians, especially the people from ghana. On many
occasions when nigeria loses matches at the world cup, i hear ghanaians mumbling ; they don't feel sad that
we just lost a match. They just keep finding flaws and excuses.

It's just plain 'ol jealousy, period. I wish jealousy will eat their brains out like cancer embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by hayprof(m): 5:36am On Sep 10, 2006
Dont Mind Haters -They dont rep. like we do and de will neva rep. like us cool
Naija Is The Best,
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 5:39am On Sep 10, 2006
God Bless Naija, multiplied by 1 million, raised to power 100 thousand grin
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GermanLady(f): 1:10am On Sep 11, 2006
not just westafrican other countries hate nigerians - even nigerians hate nigerians angry yoruba hate igbo.igbo hate yoruba.and so on,you guys feel me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GNature(m): 1:25am On Sep 11, 2006
@germanlady

Who told you yorubas hate igbos and igbos hate yorubas ? Please don't make statements
like this unless you have witnessed it first hand.

Don't interprete any rivalry you read or hear about as outright hatred between igbos and
yorubas. Please !
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GermanLady(f): 1:30am On Sep 11, 2006
GNature:

@germanlady

Who told you yorubas hate igbos and igbos hate yorubas ? Please don't make statements
like this unless you have witnessed it first hand.

Don't interprete any rivalry you read or hear about as outright hatred between igbos and
yorubas. Please !

don't make me laugh - ask nigerian men here in germany ,they will tell you.I've been hearing this for the past 15 yrs.brothers hate on each other like the pest grin

so how close is this FIRST HAND to you?your own people talk like this in my country.

trust me I don't talk nonsense,when I make a comment - I KNOW what I'm talking about - if not I rest my case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar / Passengers Travelling To Zaria Involved In Accident, Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Presidential Team Visits Injured NAF Pilot After Plane Crash In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.