Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:30 PM

IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari (32086 Views)

What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / My Visit To President-elect Buhari Today In Daura(photo) / DSS Appoints Mani As New Chief Security Officer For President-elect, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Holuwathoby(m): 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2015
Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, on Tuesday said President Goodluck Jonathan lost the presidential election to Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, APC, because Jonathan failed to meet the yearnings and aaspiration of Nigeria’s citizens.

In a congratulatory message titled: “Buhari deserves this victory” and which he personally signed, Babangida said the country had witnessed a downward trend and wanted a leader who would salvage it.

He said Nigerian politicians had a lot of lessons to learn from the election and Buhari’s victory saying one of this was that an incumbent could be defeated if he did not do well as President.

Apart from this, he said there was a lesson to learn from Buhari’s perseverance after he had lost three previous elections.

“I have just finished watching the proceedings of the declaration of results of the March 28, 2015 elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission and the emergence of my friend, professional colleague and former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari as the President-elect.

“Let me, therefore, formally congratulate General Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives’ Congress for this well-deserved victory.

“This victory to me conveys two significant statements on our political history and evolution. First; that incumbents can be defeated in any democratic process if the people’s aspirations are not fulfilled. Second, that there is good reward for perseverance and hard work. General Buhari has been very consistent in pursuing his political aspiration.

In fact, he reminds me of President Abraham Lincoln of the American fame, who was very dogged in pursuing his political aspiration and enriched the contents of democracy in America. General Buhari lives true to his military calling by remaining very consistent, resilient and courageous right from 2003 till date. This enviable feat to me further enriches our democratic process and matures us into the top echelon of nations where democracy has taken firm root. That President Jonathan has indeed conceded defeat and congratulated the President-elect is also cheering news.

“Let me also congratulate other presidential candidates of the other political parties, especially Mr. President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for putting up a good fight in the elections. I wish to also commend the Independent National Electoral Commission, for conducting such a free, fair and transparent election despite all the initial hitches and challenges. The beauty of democracy is that it is an on-going process that gives room for improvement, provides opportunity to make amends, and affords the people the opportunity to make a statement with their ballots during elections.

“With this election and its outcome thus far, Nigeria has once again recorded another milestone in her march through the enviable ladder of democracy. Our leadership role in Africa will further be enhanced by the way and manner we manage the gains of this process. But I trust that the President-elect will live up to the expectations of many Nigerians that crave for change; and lift Nigeria to greater heights.

I wish to implore the President-elect to reach out to other contestants in the spirit of one Nigeria, as he settles down for the task of leading this nation in the next four years. Your victory has no doubt broken the barriers of ethnicity and religious inclinations; two sensitive issues that undeservedly dominated the campaigns. I am confident that this victory will usher in a new perspective in our political history and development.

“On behalf of my family, accept from me, our hearty congratulations,” the statement read.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/03/31/why-jonathan-was-defeated-babangida/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by wasco24: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
Good for him to congratulate GMB, big men fear prison like die,
Anyway I dedicate the 1st to comment to our president elect

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by onosprince(m): 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2015
[size=20pt]Second to comment, i can feel the change already...Congrats to Baba for winning[/size]

6 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
The once rejected stone has now become the cornerstone.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by salvatore007(m): 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
In a land far far away, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a great General.... His name........
Complete am 4 house grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
buh sha.....ibb nor fit make e own history

GEJ i giv yu hand

anyway sha....LETS SI WAT BUHARI CAN DO embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Make he go siddon angry

7 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by kramer: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Tha a$$ kissing has begun

11 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by modelboy(m): 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
lol una dey fear 100 years for paradise?? grin

lmao!!
cheesy

were are all dose rats screaming GeJ till 2019...
better go apologise to baba ooh

saiiii buhari!!!! cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Jwonder(m): 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari lost elections three times in the past, and never bordered to congratulate the winner. Jonathan is True Democrat.. I salute you SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muktarmtt:
lol we still win

Na your PAPA be Buhari abii... If you like don't go and work, keep thinking Buhari will solve all your problem, eye go soon clear una.

36 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Efizzi: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Ok. Next please
Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by unitysheart(m): 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
They had always covertly supported Buhari. Anyways, same ni!

1 Like

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by januzaj(m): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
NAIRALAND POLITICS FORUM NO DEY LIVELY AGAIN....TILL GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by sukkot: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
FEAR DEY CATCH MARADONA

9 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Orobotobado: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
politics.... such a swinging game

1 Like

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Smartjeezy(m): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
SAI BABA!!!

WILD JUBILATION IN MY AREA...

3 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Elslim: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
Buhariphobia

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by corisande: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
grin
ass licking @ its finest

6 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by ademoladeji(m): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
e seun oooooooooooooo
Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
I refuse to congratulate him.... Because I know that this was a conspiracy... Now there plan has worked.

3 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Hadone(m): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
Every history long offender Asari, IBB, Fayose and even Orubebe seems to be tactically apologising. Mhn, they're only afraid of cooling their feet in kirikiri prison comes June this year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by adepiero: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
This doesn't change the fact that IBB was also part of the people that led Nigeria to the ditch it found itself now

15 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Pavore9: 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
Everyone loves success,

2 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Ahmed4002(m): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2015
IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW HISTORY! BUHARI
SCORES HIS BEST VOTES OVER 15 MILLION
IN HIS POLITICAL TIME WHILE PRESIDENT
JONATHAN SCORES OVER 12 MILLION
LOWEST IN PDP HISTORY SINCE 1999!!!
THANK YOU NIGERIA
Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Lilchilz(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
smoke weed wth d windows up,, ma real niqqaz are
fucking up,our levelz don chng we no dy drnk 7up,datz
y ma niqqa alwaz ask me kilon sup,,we neva dy go
down we alwaz move up,,I prefer ma drnkz in d bottle
rather dan using a cup,, am alwaz tinking postive so dat
I cn reach d top,, ko mata ni wat dy say even if we fall we alwaz getting up,,I mean rising up,wit me
determination lyk player playing a world cup,laliga
even europa super cup,, I knw wen sum niqqa see ds
s.hit ama qet sum toms up.....sai buhari

1 Like

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by jingh(f): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
No matter the up and down I will encounter in my life

God let me be victorious like GMB
let my enemy be disappointed like barca.mists
let people chant my name like CHANGE & SAI BABA
let Me be honoured and look up to like JEGA

CHANGE !!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by WIZGUY69(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
[size=24]WIZGUY69 & FAMILY + THE ENTIRE PEOPLE OF EKITI CONGRATULATES BUHARI & OSIBANJO[/size]

2 Likes

Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by edaloba(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
All i can say is SAI BABA BUHARI
[size=20pt]All i can say is SAI BABA BUHARI
[/size]All i can say is SAI BABA BUHARI
Re: IBB Congratulates The President Elect Buhari by Afam4eva(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2015
This one that every tom dick and harry is congratulating up and down, are they still going to go to jail?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Has Only Fulfilled One Campaign Promise – Buharimeter / Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja Collapses, Rushed To UCH / Traders On The Run As Unknown Gunmen Appear At Nkwo Umunze Market, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.