Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,670 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT (1492 Views)

Are You A Transport/admin/fleet Manager At Your Company? READ THIS / I Need A Transport Service Urgently / Photos: GUO Transport Company Loses 7 Luxury Buses To Inferno In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by beauty55(f): 10:44am On Apr 01, 2015
Hello everyone!!

I am very grateful for the previous advices given to me. I have finally found the interest in starting a high purchase transportation service. As of now I have 5 vans, but I am hoping to increase the amount of buses. I would like to get advice on how to make things work properly without stories being told. Please also advice me on the good transportation locations, what needs improvement at the moment. My vans are ready to be shipped to Nigeria and am hoping to start with the business by July.
Thanks for any advice..
smiley
Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by aariwa(m): 1:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
put vehicle trackers on them ,employ cool headed drivers who will be paying an agreed amount of money into your bank account weekly and maybe consult a good lawyer for further advice., I am a lawyer&you can contact me if you are moving to the eastern part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by beauty55(f): 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
thanks for ur advice.. pls inbox me ur contacts for more information.
Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by expert101(m): 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
Have proper agreement before giving out your boss. Don't trust anybody including the driver until they deliver on what you agreed.

Make sure you have proper plan for vehicle maintenance and repair - Get a reliable workshop and process for settling bills...always verify prices before paying.

Transport is basically for touts so you need to be prepared to see anything as that sector is lucrative but raw and tasking.
Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by sthugo: 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
It will be easier to employ a manager that understands the do's and dont of this biz to oversee the day to day affairs for you.

The manager must understand vehicle faults,maintenance and the transport sector.

The manager should be in charge of all affairs and placed on commission to oversee the drivers.

The manger must report to you when necessary and scheduled.

The manger must be someone with evidence of good reputation,experienced and trustworthy.

You must involve a legal agreements with all parties.

Your legal agreements must contain all you want binding with guarantors from the third parties

You must track your vehicles

Your vehicles should be registered or repaired by a dealership or authorized good workshop.

You must have a stipulated amout you wish to get at intervals or as scheduled.

And more...

Hit me up for a clearer picture of these if necessary at sthugochris@gmail.com

Wish you all the best.
Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hello, transport business is really profitable but can be problematic if your not driving the bus yourself, except your lucky to have someone with the fear of God. In view of this, your best bet is still the hire purchase option and you need to have a contract duely signed by both parties. In this type of business, you have to be very firm and adhere strictly to the terms and conditions. I wouldn't mind discussing extensively with you for a hire purchase business opportunity, in which I would love to use in running and executive shuttle service for people living on the mainland and working on the island.
You can send me an email via : doseni@yahoo.com
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by styveke(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
doseni:
Hello, transport business is really profitable but can be problematic if your not driving the bus yourself, except your lucky to have someone with the fear of God. In view of this, your best bet is still the hire purchase option and you need to have a contract duely signed by both parties. In this type of business, you have to be very firm and adhere strictly to the terms and conditions. I wouldn't mind discussing extensively with you for a hire purchase business opportunity, in which I would love to use in running and executive shuttle service for people living on the mainland and working on the island.
You can send me an email via : doseni@yahoo.com
Thanks

I was going to start dis ur idea but the company supplying the buses failed to meet up.

I'm very much interested in taking anoda swing at it. styveke@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by TopHand: 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
beauty55:
Hello everyone!!

I am very grateful for the previous advices given to me. I have finally found the interest in starting a high purchase transportation service. As of now I have 5 vans, but I am hoping to increase the amount of buses. I would like to get advice on how to make things work properly without stories being told. Please also advice me on the good transportation locations, what needs improvement at the moment. My vans are ready to be shipped to Nigeria and am hoping to start with the business by July.
Thanks for any advice..
smiley
I am into transportation as well, dont think of the vehicles as wealth rather as a means to raising wealth, the 1st 12months of any tokunbo vehicle is its best, after that let go of that vehicle.
1. Look for responsible serious drivers i mean really search for drivers and get to know them, their mothers, fathers, family members, dont take every dick jack and harry that comes to you.

2. Enter into a legally binding agreement of daily delivery amounts

3. Give each driver a 12month gurantee legal agreement of understanding that if he fulfils his delivery duties ownership of the vehicle is to be transferred to him after the 12months

4. Maintenance cost is to be shared 50 - 50, he is responsible for accidents, police trouble, union fees e.t.c

5. Have your own reliable mechanic who does repairs for yur vehicles

6. Most important, you must have a spare vehicle which must be available immediately to any driver experiencing vehicle problems

1 Like

Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by sthugo: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
TopHand:

I am into transportation as well, dont think of the vehicles as wealth rather as a means to raising wealth, the 1st 12months of any tokunbo vehicle is its best, after that let go of that vehicle.
1. Look for responsible serious drivers i mean really search for drivers and get to know them, their mothers, fathers, family members, dont take every dick jack and harry that comes to you.

2. Enter into a legally binding agreement of daily delivery amounts

3. Give each driver a 12month gurantee legal agreement of understanding that if he fulfils his delivery duties ownership of the vehicle is to be transferred to him after the 12months

4. Maintenance cost is to be shared 50 - 50, he is responsible for accidents, police trouble, union fees e.t.c

5. Have your own reliable mechanic who does repairs for yur vehicles

6. Most important, you must have a spare vehicle which must be available immediately to any driver experiencing vehicle problems

@ number 6 and 4 are they relevant since its a higher purchase deal? Don't think so

1 Like

Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by jonnyp(m): 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
Good day dealers,pls I need 2008 or 2009 camry for hire purchase tokubo or nigeria use.I want to use it for a car hire business in one of the top american car hire company in inland.will deposit 200k and pays 120k monthly and also add 400k on the saId amount depending on our agreement.possible we get a lawyer N get a car tracker for the car with solid guarantor.my contact is 08030744465 or any individual that want to partner with me.....
Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by aariwa(m): 10:01am On Apr 02, 2015
beauty55:
thanks for ur advice.. pls inbox me ur contacts for more information.
OK arinzeblue2004@yahoo.com or 08037747972 Bar.Arinze. -Regards-
Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by isobayor: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2015
As the revenue from oil and gas dwindles, there will be aggressive drive for internally generated revenue. While this portends a difficult time for companies and individuals on tax related issues, its a great opportunity for non client centric consultants and some unscrupulous regulators to exploit the innocence and ignorance of Tax payers. ADEGOLU CONSULTING SERVICES a client centric firm founded on integrity and professionalism is ready to partner with you to be on right side of law by delivering with passion Quintessential Audit, Financial Advisory & Tax services.
You can contact; ADEBAYO on 08079276907, RAHMON; on 08025331404 for more details
Re: Transport Service Advice Needed!!!! IMPORTANT by beauty55(f): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Thank you for all the advice. I will try to get some good tracking devices and also a good lawyer. I will keep you all updated of the procedures done. please fell free to advice me more if you have more ideas.

(1) (Reply)

Alliance In Motion Global / FinanceMinister Kemi Adeosun Meets IMF Boss Christine Lagarde Ahead Prez Meeting / Green Naira Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.