Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers (38261 Views)

Shekau Reacts To Al-Barnawi's Emergence As Boko Haram Leader / PDP Leaders Who May Retire From Politics Following Buhari’s Emergence / I Have Wike’s Records: Amaechi Dares Rivers Governor-elect On Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by snowland(m): 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sai Baba
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
fggf
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
I tire for this news
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by SmooshCHN: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:
[b]This election is not about GEJ been scammed in southwest or not. The people of the SW and north spoke the truth with their votes. It is unfortunate the Igbos made a wrong political gamble by supporting GEJ even though he failed woefully and did nothing tangible for their region. They failed to forget the past and embrace national unity hence their political decisions has always damaged their chances of having a major political influence or relevance in the Nigerian system.
There were so many indications that Jonathan was going to lose - He prepared late; he was careful with the timing of his declaration, when body language showed he was interested. He had no message for the people. All I heard were trains and fertilizers, YouWin, benin-Ore road and SureP(Really?) for 6 years. His campaign strategies reeled of derogatory statements and unnecessary personality attacks instead of concrete manifestos. APC employed consultants, PDP employed losers (FFKs, Okupe, Abati, Reuben, TANs etc). Jonathan heated the polity with ethnic-religious campaign strategies, jumping from one church to another; what do you think the Muslims would do? His wife continued to make derogatory statements against the North calling them names for making babies they can't cater for and insulting them with the constant mention of Almajiri schools. He was deceived by his aides , greedy people around him and he became a sectional leader. He was a bad product and I made mention of this regularly, a bad product never sells.
So I would say he scammed himself, he deceived himself by running to the south west bribing kings for endorsements as if the masses don't know what they really want.
He has successfully created a divide along tribal, religious and ethnic line all around the country and it will take a massive national reorientation to restore our national unity.
I will not pat him at the back for conceding defeat cos he already knew what awaits him if he acted on the contrary. He was part of the crew that ousted Gbagbo and he is fully aware of the watchful eyes of the ICC and instead of spending the rest of his life in jail like Gbagbo, he chose to return to Otueke to enjoy his loot in peace.
Gej should have won this elections easily if he had the interest of the masses at heart. He will forever live with the stigma of the first incumbent president to be ousted in Nigeria.
[/b]
Na you sure pass jare. The interest should be to see Nigeria rise to the top.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by DickTator1: 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
K

Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by DickTator1: 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Same newspapers would be calling him muslim extremist in a few years.
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by kindnyce(m): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
APC ALL THEWAY

ALL HAIL THE GENERAL

ALL HAIL THE MASSES

LETS DO IT AGAIN APRIL 11
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by ifyemex(m): 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
April fools
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by Suljosh: 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
Please how do I change my USERNAME?
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by kindnyce(m): 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:
[b]This election is not about GEJ been scammed in southwest or not. The people of the SW and north spoke the truth with their votes. It is unfortunate the Igbos made a wrong political gamble by supporting GEJ even though he failed woefully and did nothing tangible for their region. They failed to forget the past and embrace national unity hence their political decisions has always damaged their chances of having a major political influence or relevance in the Nigerian system.

There were so many indications that Jonathan was going to lose - He prepared late; he was careful with the timing of his declaration, when body language showed he was interested. He had no message for the people. All I heard were trains and fertilizers, YouWin, benin-Ore road and SureP(Really?) for 6 years. His campaign strategies reeled of derogatory statements and unnecessary personality attacks instead of concrete manifestos. APC employed consultants, PDP employed losers (FFKs, Okupe, Abati, Reuben, TANs etc). Jonathan heated the polity with ethnic-religious campaign strategies, jumping from one church to another; what do you think the Muslims would do? His wife continued to make derogatory statements against the North calling them names for making babies they can't cater for and insulting them with the constant mention of Almajiri schools. He was deceived by his aides , greedy people around him and he became a sectional leader. He was a bad product and I made mention of this regularly, a bad product never sells.

So I would say he scammed himself, he deceived himself by running to the south west bribing kings for endorsements as if the masses don't know what they really want.

He has successfully created a divide along tribal, religious and ethnic line all around the country and it will take a massive national reorientation to restore our national unity.

I will not pat him at the back for conceding defeat cos he already knew what awaits him if he acted on the contrary. He was part of the crew that ousted Gbagbo and he is fully aware of the watchful eyes of the ICC and instead of spending the rest of his life in jail like Gbagbo, he chose to return to Otueke to enjoy his loot in peace.

Gej should have won this elections easily if he had the interest of the masses at he

art. He will forever live with the stigma of the first incumbent president to be ousted in Nigeria.
[/b]

I TOTALLY AGRR WITH YOU

U ARE SO ON POIN
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by dayoson0204(m): 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
MY MESSAGE TO Buhari AS HE WON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION!
#babanowthatyouarethere...

1)不要來-了36點議程。 只要給我們照明和安全性。其他人會愛上的地方。

2)減少用於數據包的費用。

3)使Fashola部長與10組合。他可以處理它。

4)關閉所有邊界。我們的監獄候選人 絕不允許逃跑科托努。

5)不要使用一個十億奈拉吃。不與食物我們說讓你去蓋章!

6)請逮捕逸女士,說你 話費不足,請充值!

7)停止大型工資4天的政客及支付 像公務員2馬克阻止盜賊 從我們的政治

8)不要用我們所有的錢,買鞋子和私人飛機。用UR老軍靴和好吧,如果必要的。

9)要有電,我們不希望被擁抱的變壓器。

10)我們希望NTA是明確的像CNN, 英國廣播公司,半島電視台等。

YOURS SINCERELY,
BlayzHeX (@blayzhex)

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by foliks(f): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
Feeling cool nd happy wth myself dat I joined d winning team
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by digitalembrace(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
englishmart:
no individual's life is worth my ambition
Gej March 2015

Congratulations president Buhari
Nowthatyouarethere, don't allow tinubu dictate for you

Don't be surprised by a president Tinubu in two years
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by Lilshorecords(m): 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
demelza:
The whole world is happy for us.
I cannot wait for sunday service. That my pastor that organized 3 days prayers for "GEJ his Christian brother" go hear am.
When I enter church with my Buhari cloth, coupled with the shoki wey I go scatter for ground.............
Make I just cool till then.
lol
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by Bevista: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
We don't know what the fuss is about,so Buhari won so what?? foreign caption should be about a black african leader accepting electoral defeat from his rival....man bite dog should be news and not the other way round.
Something tells me that Ichidodo has reincarnated to Texcoco.

#ChangeMoniker
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by shurlermoz(m): 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
januzaj:
SAI BABA
Pls friend i need ur advice......... I told my dad
2day dat i won a scholarship 2 read medicine
in UK, he was very happy dat he order my
mum 2 slaughter 2 chicken 4 celebration and
we popped champagne, before i knw he sold
his car and collect loan without even telling
me , he gave #200,000 as thanksgiving in
church and he even divorced his second wife,
now i' ve been thinking of how 2 tell him that
it was April fool.

Ha! Your own don finish. Just run comot for house.
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by tiwo31: 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Why are you all shouting so loud? You have nothing to shout about. A bunch of children, this is how they treat you. After 60 years of independence, you still cannot take care of yourselves.

You have an election and you have to be supervised like children by 'observers', because you cannot be trusted to behave like grown ups. How many times do you go to observe elections in America or UK? There's an election in the UK soon, maybe nigerian observers will be needed.

Are you actually sure nigeria as 'independence'?
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by naijanaso: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
Iamsynord:
NIGERIA
I will tell my children that after 16 years and 4
trials and three woeful fails, one school
certificate holder,Three different Political
parties,With only 1 million and 150 cattles,
Gen Buhari from the north won elections to
become Nigeria's President. I
will teach them the lesson of persistence
I will tell them of a Goodluck Jonathan from
the creeks with no shoes that allowed for a
credible election process and honourable
concession of power to the people's choice.
and return to Otueke peacefully .The First
Seating president to concede to defeat by the
opponent party in good spirit.
I will cultivate in them the values of healthy
competition, maintenance of peace and
gentility of spirit.

I will tell them of a Professor Attahiru Jega
who put aside personal interests to fulfill his
public assignment, remaining calm in the face
of threatening challenges and Political
Orubebes .I will teach them the importance of
integrity and strength of character in the
dispensation of public service.
I will teach my children, so that one day their
names may honourably go down in the history
of this nation, just as the names of these
honourable men have today
GOD BLESS GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
GOD BLESS PDP
GOD BLESS PDP MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUHARI
GOD BLESS APC
GOD BLESS APC SUPPORTERS AND MEMBERS
GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
- Synordic,2015

God bless you real good. This is the kind of constructive write up we want to see in NL.
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
englishmart:
Gej March 2015

We should accord Jimi to Lagos.. Cos Ambode is just going to do yes sir when he becomes governor. I repeat and quote me, If Ambode wins, Alade market will be given to Tinubu, watch how a hotel will be used for his own development. Let's run this nonsense down.
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by gerald09(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
the 2nd time we have proved to the Western a*sses that we refuse to be there scape goats any more, first they tot Ebola will wipe us out and we won they say Nigeria will fall in chaos but we had peace. bet BBC, CNN and others will have no news about Nigeria for yrs (no more bad news to report). GEJ will be in history God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by ALISMILE(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
englishmart:
Gej March 2015

That will nt happen!

Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by charmingeyes(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:

Gej should have won this elections easily if he had the interest of the masses at heart. He will forever live with the stigma of the first incumbent president to be ousted in Nigeria.
[/b]

Ur write-up could have been true if not that it exhibits bias. Ethno-religious divide has been Nigeria's problem right from amalgamation. #Pointofcorrection.
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by Okaka27(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
januzaj:
SAI BABA
Pls friend i need ur advice......... I told my dad
2day dat i won a scholarship 2 read medicine
in UK, he was very happy dat he order my
mum 2 slaughter 2 chicken 4 celebration and
we popped champagne, before i knw he sold
his car and collect loan without even telling
me , he gave #200,000 as thanksgiving in
church and he even divorced his second wife,
now i' ve been thinking of how 2 tell him that
it was April fool.
Ur Pops did all dat in One Day??
na Super Man? cheesy
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by olaideeeedris(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Congrats to Buhari..

The history will never forget March 28th & 31st 2015. Nigeria shocked western world, it isn't what they expected. No blood shed, no violence; the earlier Nigerian Politicians understands that election isn't a Do or Die Affair the better for them. We need each other to move this country forward, to make it better place for the urborn kids.

Lastly, I want to dedicate this land to that MOD that banned me. God is watching u in 3D
Hahahaaha...Nice one bro
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by necyka: 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
I will personally miss MAMA piss for her abusive, hilarious and verbal errors in public speeches via the media. in all, God bless the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Iamsynord:
Orubebe makes English dictionary
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=orubebe
what abt jega

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
Brimmie:
[b]Dear Nairalanders, we all need to understand the concept of Greatness and Heroism. I have been reading Revisionist pieces and White-Washing of Sepulchres on several Social Media Platforms with different people calling GEJ a Hero for conceding to Buhari.

So he is now a hero because he conceded? Did he have a choice?

GEJ has played Politics with the Lives of thousands of our Countrymen for too long. History will never be kind to him. Note that He wasn't magnanimous by accepting defeat, the circumstances and factors were all against him. He didn't concede, he was compelled to. He didn't give us democracy, we demanded it and we got it. He is not a hero by any standard.

We should separate sentiments from matters of National Interest, all those who made hate speeches should be prosecuted. All those who stole our collective wealth must be jailed and made to refund the money.

Sending congratulatory messages to Buhari should not confer automatic Immunity to these Wicked Criminals.

The true Heroes are those who stood up in the rain to vote and stayed to make sure their votes count. Not GEJ who allowed impuntiy unchecked, to whom "Stealing is not corruption".

GEJ's concession of defeat is commendable, but not admirable. He must answer for embezzled funds.[/b]

- Brimmie (2015)
You're begining to sound like a broken record. This is the sixth or seventh time I'm seeing this particular post on different thread. Leave the job for Buhari,he's the president-elect not you. You're trying too hard to drive your points across,you sound so pained as if Jonathan took your wife/husband,get a life.
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by doninno(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
Thats hw it goes
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by stevenson007: 8:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:

[/b]
trash talk, from a biased mind. What else?
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
olaideeeedris:
Hahahaaha...Nice one bro
u na the man wey sabi jare. Abeg chop [size=24pt]e-knuckle[/size]
Re: Buhari's Emergence As President-elect On The Front Page Of Foreign Newspapers by donhils: 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
lalasticlala:
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-290514337/delemomoduovation/photos/ig-953449741969246522_290514337
So, foreign newspaper carries this news and we should start flying or what? This is a country's presidential election and the international community have their eyes on it. Even if it's Somalia presidential elections, foreign newspapers will still carry it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Prostrated For Atiku When He Donated Money To Buhari, APC In 2015 - Afegbua / Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra / Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.