Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. (33301 Views)

PMB Appointments Vs Age Of Previous Leaders / Goodluck Is The Worst President Nigeria Has Ever Had : BISI AKANDE / Tinubu Cannot Be Compared To Our Previous Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by ofacs(m): 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jona no mata wat u are still my precy
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by bidexmat(m): 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
I congratulate the president- elect. Notwistandin, my fear still looms nd until proven otherwise, this is not the real "change" I may have clamoured for. I hope and pray that the destiny of this nation has not been placed in the hands of wolfs hiding under the sheep clothing of a phrase coined "change". Suddenly, some persons became "saints" overnight, But posterity will judge. Goodluck might hve had it rough, buh 2day and forever will he be my hero! " It has been an honour to have you as my president, you are an honourable man and you have done ur bid. You have crested ur name on Nigeria's heart and she will never forget your name. Yes, PDP lost the game but in the abstract sense of it, with your singular act of sportmanship, you won! Goodluck jonathan! Goodluck Nigeria!!! #NigeriaHasDecided

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by bidexmat(m): 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
I congratulate the president- elect. Notwistandin, my fear still looms nd until proven otherwise, this is not the real "change" I may have clamoured for. I hope and pray that the destiny of this nation has not been placed in the hands of wolves hiding under the sheep clothing of a phrase coined "change". Suddenly, some persons became "saints" overnight, But posterity will judge. Goodluck might hve had it rough, buh 2day and forever will he be my hero! " It has been an honour to have you as my president, you are an honourable man and you have done ur bid. You have crested ur name on Nigeria's heart and she will never forget your name. Yes, PDP lost the game but in the abstract sense of it, with your singular act of sportmanship, you won! Goodluck jonathan! Goodluck Nigeria!!! #NigeriaHasDecided
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by wengerjay(m): 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
... Far much better and not far more better.
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by anonimi: 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
damcqute:
Obasanjo was 10x better in every way. While OBJ built up Nigeria's Foregin reserves and helped erase our debts, GEJ did the opposite. He surrounded himself with wolves, thats what killed him. He may be a good man, but not good enough to lead!

OBJ built up Nigeria reserves but NEGLECTED our roads, railways, electricity projects, education etc while he was STEALING like crazy! Elections were also NOT free & fair under OBJ with many political assassinations.

Only a stewpid father keeps money in the bank savings instead of feeding & educating his children properly! angry

Jonathan is an angel compared to the demon of OBJ!

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....
They too are seeking CHANGE!!!

I choose TRANSFORMATION than this their CHANGE.
What about you

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Ijaya123: 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
The one singular act of conceeding defeat has not only wiped away his many 'sins' but made him the father of our democracy and by greater meaning the Best President Nigeria ever had...Nobody not even the Janjaweedes can't take that reputation from him.I see GEJ travelling the world as a respected African Statesman like Mandela,Nyerere,Kaunda and Azikiwe...maybe win the highly coveted Mo prize for african leaders or Noble peace prize.Ironically Mr change himself Buhari has got a big shoe to fill.

You will be there to witness it. GEJ will be the most irrelevant ex president Nigeria ever produced. It is the fear of ICC that made him to concede defeat. Not expecting a reply from you, though.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by maxwell530(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:

[size=18pt]The fact is Buhari will rule this nation till 2023 if he desires. Your SS/SE votes couldn't defeat him when GEJ was a president so no matter the alliance the igbos and south south plans again in 2019, the SW and northern votes will neutralize your votes and APC remains in power. Ntoor tongue[/size]
just reading comments but I think people like you are the problem we are facing in nigeria,you are already saying he will rule for 8years when he hasn't start his first 4years,so what if he didn't perform to ur expectations in his first term,you will still vote him?pls let our democracy grow no more rigging.#ourvotesmustcounts

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by lastmessenger: 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Only that he does not have a mind of his own and he surrounded himself with criminals who made him to look clueless.
PLEASE let's not be too quick to say things. Who are the criminals he surrounded himself with?
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by delors(m): 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
juniortuoyo:
Goodluck ebele jonathan has defeated the prophecies of the western world most especially the US, who predict that nigeria will cease to exist come 2015. Now they are ashamed of themselves pretending to want nigeria unity.
Right from the topic "...Far More Better...", you got it wrong till then end of your post. He wasn't in anyway better than any of his predecessors...not even the short-lived kangaroo govt of Chief Earnest Shonekan. Don't write based off wounded opinions, write objectively next time.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Judelord57: 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
okonjo iwela,Stella odua,Asari dokunbo,farouk lawal,Allison maduake,doyin okupe, patience Jonathan, fayose,and many others are enemies of progress.Yoruba on the other hand has sold their birth right to mala again yeye dey smell.
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by coogar: 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
lastmessenger:

PLEASE let's not be too quick to say things. Who the criminals he surrounded himself with?

asari dokubo
tompolo
femi fani kayode
doyin okupe
ayo fayose

and many more.......

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by lastmessenger: 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
coogar:

asari dokubo
tompolo
femi fani kayode
doyin okupe
ayo fayose

and many more.......
WHat crimes did these guys commit?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by coogar: 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
lastmessenger:

WHat crimes did those guys commit?

are you serious about this question?
you didn't listen to the audio tape leaked concerning how jonathan helped fayose rig the election in ekiti state?

what about the obscene security contracts GEJ dashed out to tompolo/dokubo in the niger-delta? why would any government compensate terrorists with oil contracts?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Judelord57: 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ijaya123:

You will be there to witness it. GEJ will be the most irrelevant ex president Nigeria ever produced. It is the fear of ICC that made him to concede defeat. Not expecting a reply from you, though.
.Ijaya no be GEJ fault those psychopath that sorounded him make him irrelevant person.
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by djon78(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:

[size=18pt]The fact is Buhari will rule this nation till 2023 if he desires. Your SS/SE votes couldn't defeat him when GEJ was a president so no matter the alliance the igbos and south south plans again in 2019, the SW and northern votes will neutralize your votes and APC remains in power. Ntoor tongue[/size]

You see how myopic you are, it is not about good governance but about north and sw vs ss and se. Dude u sound shallow, dumb and u lack substance. Ur types are supposed to be locked up in the zoo, u dont reason like a normal human being, ur thinking depth is very shallow.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
djon78:

You see how myopic you are, it is not about good governance but about north and sw vs ss and se. Dude u sound shallow, dumb and u substance. Ur types are supposed to be locked up in the zoo, u dont reason like a normal human being, ur thinking depth is very shallow.

Hahahaha tongue

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Defcon1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Goodluck is an ídiot. He should go to hell
So much for a " sweet guy" undecided
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Spirit1(m): 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
NairaMode:
When did the US say this?
Watch out for the words they use. Like Nigeria is "likely" ... "might" ... "is possible" to cease to exist in 2015.
When are we going to start making sense all these youths of Nairaland?.

Is Goodluck a good president? Yes! but he is a very weak man. Very weak to run a tough black nation.
He developed a thick skin though and yes his achievement so far is laudable.

The only thing he did for me is that he conducted a free and fair election. He hasn't really achieved any other feat in Nigeria. As for me.

I do not also see any point in people saying "first to comment". Doesn't make sense to me at all.
This must always come from jobless people I suppose.

Good luck Buhari.

I absolutely agree with you. He was a good president but the nation needs more. A firm leader and one who will fight corruption head on.
Unfortunately often times we tend to evaluate leaders and success on how long we remain in power.
Goodluck will go down in history has being able to live above the African feeling of grandiosity and putting his country above his personal aspirations. By calling Buhari timely and conceding. By so doing, he saved thousands of lives in Nigeria. He saved Nigeria from being the ridicule of the international community. This legacy will live and help Nigeria long after he is gone. It will promote confidence in foreigners and businesses interested in investing in Nigeria. Goodluck will go down in the history of Nigeria as having promoted democracy.
For this singular act, he will have my respect any day, any time. I support Buhari presidency and yearned for change, but I salute Goodluck for this leadership and contribution to democracy
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Judelord57: 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
lastmessenger:

WHat crimes did these guys commit?
.crime indeed they deserves prosecution and must face trial during this season of change
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by lastmessenger: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
coogar:

are you serious about this question?
you didn't listen to the audio tape leaked concerning how jonathan helped fayose rig the election in ekiti state?

what about the obscene security contracts GEJ dashed out to tompolo/dokubo in the niger-delta? why would any government compensate terrorists with oil contracts?
My dear forget all these fake news. The ekiti election was rigged only because pdp won. Remember Ayo Fayose is a man so much loved by his people.
I wonder how the government will not give contracts to repentant militants when we all cried for the same government to give Bokoharam amnesty.
Please let's be objective. Gej is a true leader and he has entrenched true democracy in Nigeria. I only pray the APC will not return us to where we are coming from.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by lastmessenger: 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
Judelord57:
.crime indeed they deserves prosecution and must face trial during this season of change
Your lord buhari can start as soon as he enters
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by djon78(m): 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
irunoobo:

Hahahaha tongue

Why will it pain me, when none of these politicians put food on my table or money in my acct.
Why I picked on u was because ur comments lacked substance.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by ekpurikpu77: 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
After four years we shall know,probably by then we will have what to use and compare between the two men.Goodluck did what he had to do for Nigeria lets see what Tinubu oh! buhari has to offer!
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by hush15: 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
One thing I have come to understand is that, Nigerians don't appreciate what is good and should be preserved.

Jonathan is man worthy of respect and should be commended for supporting true democracy for keeping to his word on ensuring free and credible elections which is the hall mark of his achievement during his tenure. Even Obasanjo wouldn't do that. Don't forget he was masterminding a third term and Buhari, our president elect made inciting comments that led to voilence in the northern states. This is a man, who should be preserve and honored has he has outdone any past president in this regards and until Buhari or ay other president after him follows same suit, he should be separated from the pack. Apart from credible elections, to say Jonathan did nothing is a unfair comment from ayone and thus I see such without a conscience. It might not be in the magnitude that Nigerians anticipated and expected.

A few highlights of this man commitment are:

Increased Power Generation. We don't need to be told that power supply increased than any supply in the past regime of past president or head of State.

Agriculture: he sure has imprved the agric sector that can't be denied.

Road and Infastructure amongst other things, then

Human Rights and Freedom of Expression and Association.

Yet we still don't appreciate the little he has done. We should learn to decease from our bad habits or labelling a good person or thing bad. Even as this man respects the Nigerian wishes, Nigerians still call him some repulsive names that are not neccesary. It only shows that Nigerians are the reason why his government didn't work smply because he never got the support.

One good turn deserves another, as the saying goes, if Jonathan has truly demonstrated a true Nigerian Spirit and Patroitism, is it not right that we accord him that respect and honor that he exemplified?

I again appeal to Nigerians to give thiS man his due honor for making our democracy to thrve, for doing the little he culd to improve the economy and encurage him and he is the evidence of our democracy, home and abroad.
No politics is worth blood of any Nigerian and he has lived up to expectation

God bless you Jonathan for believing in the Nigerian dream, for giving Nigerians opportunity, for maing the Nigeria Voice count. God bless your family and I love you. The red carpet you have rolled out be preserved till the end of time IJN.

I personally appreciate you, and will always be there to support you in your future endeavours and hope that should Nigeria need you again for a democratic development, you would be available for us. You are likened to our Nelson Mandela that paved way for stronger democracy in our Nation.

Thank you.

Sw

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by ewosk: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jonathan is a great man no doubt he jst was not stern enuf....
That said i respect him for always following d Path to Peace when possible...
His final actions are commendable
....Letting Jega conduct the election(fair & freely) and conceding to the will of Nigerians....

GOODLUCK Jonathan i dunmo!!!
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by mileskiyo(m): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2015
kalindaminda:
"Far more better"

Mods you can't be serious.

Mods pls do the needful. This shelling is unacceptable!
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by Plus10(m): 3:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Goodluck is an ídiot. He should go to hell
I wish you had some one like Goodluck as your father...ewu hausa
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by macof(m): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Gen. Murtala Mohammed is the best for me

GEJ comes 2nd

Abdulsalam 3rd

let's wait to see Buhari's performance in the next 4 years
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by IYANGBALI: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
lastmessenger:

PLEASE let's not be too quick to say things. Who are the criminals he surrounded himself with?
FFK,DIEZIANI,STELLA ODUAH,ASARI DOKUBO,OKUPE,YOURSELF LASTMESSENGER,you want me to continue?take it or leave it,most of the people that surrounded GEJ including you made him to lose the election. His wife is also one of them.........her mouth killed the husband at the polls grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by IYANGBALI: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
mileskiyo:

Mods pls do the needful. This shelling is unacceptable!
mods no mind am o,I never throw my own stones grin
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by IYANGBALI: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
Judelord57:
okonjo iwela,Stella odua,Asari dokunbo,farouk lawal,Allison maduake,doyin okupe, patience Jonathan, fayose,and many others are enemies of progress.Yoruba on the other hand has sold their birth right to mala again yeye dey smell.
we like it like that tongue
Re: Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders. by tolustx(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
NairaMode:
When did the US say this?
Watch out for the words they use. Like Nigeria is "likely" ... "might" ... "is possible" to cease to exist in 2015.
When are we going to start making sense all these youths of Nairaland?.

Is Goodluck a good president? Yes! but he is a very weak man. Very weak to run a tough black nation.
He developed a thick skin though and yes his achievement so far is laudable.
The only thing he did for me is that he conducted a free and fair election. He hasn't really achieved any other feat in Nigeria. As for me.

I do not also see any point in people saying "first to comment". Doesn't make sense to me at all.
This must always come from jobless people I suppose.

Good luck Buhari.
@ bolded u've said it already. If u truly don't care abt it, remove it. It shudnt ve appeared in ur post @ all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I’m Not Born Again, I Don’t Turn My Cheek For Another Slap – Wike (Video) / I’m Not Married To Buhari’s Son, Says INEC Chairman Amina Zakari / Shema Shed Tears After EFCC Re-Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.