Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home (40970 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
just collected my resident permit card today and will be visiting nigeria august after 2yrs leaving my nation and a topic came my mind and will like to share with my fellow NL who have ppl overseas.

though i may not include some of the reasons but I am 100% sure of my own but you can include yours if you have.

jobless without a stable job:- yes, how can someone who is not eating 3 square meals remember ppl at home? this month he/she works and next month no job again and house rent ,water ,light etc are there to balance up.

Fraudster:- forget this kind of ppl and loose hope in them because they will never come home due to their crimes been committed within the country and he can't even near the airport if he is a wanted criminal. Abroad no be 9ja o ones they have your biometrics ,even if you bleach from black to green dey will get u.

Prodigal lifestyle ppl:- before you make up your mind living in abroad ,u must open your number 6 (brain) because life is too sweet abroad and this group of ppl spend there savings clubbing, partying,smoking, drinking and prostituting just frgt this kind of ppl dey can never remember home even if you tell them there parents are abt to die.

Illegal migrants:- 78% of Nigerians living abroad are living illegal ,majority came with 3weeks, 2month, 1month visas but will not have the chance to renew there visas until they finally meet up with the country requirements and mind you if you don't make the steps early enough, just forget visiting police station if you dont want to be deported. so this are the kind of ppl that spend more than 10years without visiting home.

The marriage scammers:- these group of ppl will never visit home because they have forcefully marry a citizen of the country dey reside just to get residence permit. oyinbo wife no be like nja o if you mention say u wan go your country ehh be ready to spend some weeks in jail cheesy

that's all I can write for now due to my experience and what I am seeing with my two eyes.

may God crown our hustle (Amen)

22 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by WAGAZ: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
hmmmm well said brother just as if I am the one you are referring to . my uncle refused to come home after 14years in Germany. nobody knows the reason till date.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hmm, srry oh op but dis poist seem to b pointing only at pple dat don't want togo home for negative reasons.
Some pple may just not want to come home cos the environment at home isn't condusive for them with respect to our not less develped economy. Some may also decide to not come home until they have sucessfully improved thei r condition as to b able to offer a benefitiing change to nigeria.
Although I must say, those posts are true enough for certain pple.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by O4KASIBEE: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
OK O

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by chinex276(m): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Some of em dey pack sh!!t abroad, with small salary, come pay tax with almost half of it, so if them decide 2 return, na transport go finish there money.
#baba.now.dat.ur.there make our visa gr8er dan dat of the USA, as u plan 2 make d naira equal 2 d dollar.

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Richie0974: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
I no know o[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
OP I'm sure you mingle with the wrong set of people. How did you arrive at 78% illegal immigrants abroad?

I know lots of professionals across various spheres working and running businesses that when you see them you're proud of being Nigerian. And they visit Nigeria quite often. Do you know the number of flights that leave for Nigeria daily from London and vice versa?

I personally visit Nigeria at least twice yearly cos I have a running business back home and also family there. Besides, all the reasons you gave are basically negative and could stem from the fact that either you're in the wrong circle which you need to change or you're unfortunate in the choice of people you meet.

And please don't say 78% when you don't know. So you met them and they told you they're illegal immigrants

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by CR77(f): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Guy na aduro give you

Or you marry old oyibo women

I need answer oo

7 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Really?....Op thats your own thinking,which i think is wrong,i know some persons that were in diaspora,that had to come home to establish em selves.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by bigt2(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
Na them sabi. Joor angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by onotiemoria(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
This story long oooo...
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by bigv(m): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
Okay. Let them remain there. Obviously some of the reasons you mentioned, those peeps won't do us any good here either.

Travel for the right reasons!
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by BlackGirlsCode: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
agarawu23:
just collected my resident permit card today and will be visiting nigeria august after 2yrs leaving my nation and a topic came my mind and will like to share with my fellow NL who have ppl overseas.

though i may not include some of the reasons but I am 100% sure of my own but you can include yours if you have.

jobless without a stable job:- yes, how can someone who is not eating 3 square meals remember ppl at home? this month he/she works and next month no job again and house rent ,water ,light etc are there to balance up.

Fraudster:- forget this kind of ppl and loose hope in them because they will never come home due to their crimes been committed within the country and he can't even near the airport if he is a wanted criminal. Abroad no be 9ja o ones they have your biometrics ,even if you bleach from black to green dey will get u.

Prodigal lifestyle ppl:- before you make up your mind living in abroad ,u must open your number 6 (brain) because life is too sweet abroad and this group of ppl spend there savings clubbing, partying,smoking, drinking and prostituting just frgt this kind of ppl dey can never remember home even if you tell them there parents are abt to die.

Illegal migrants:- 78% of Nigerians living abroad are living illegal ,majority came with 3weeks, 2month, 1month visas but will not have the chance to renew there visas until they finally meet up with the country requirements and mind you if you don't make the steps early enough, just forget visiting police station if you dont want to be deported. so this are the kind of ppl that spend more than 10years without visiting home.

The marriage scammers:- these group of ppl will never visit home because they have forcefully marry a citizen of the country dey reside just to get residence permit. oyinbo wife no be like nja o if you mention say u wan go your country ehh be ready to spend some weeks in jail cheesy

that's all I can write for now due to my experience and what I am seeing with my two eyes.

may God crown our hustle (Amen)

You think you're writing results for the election? You can't be making up numbers out of thin air.

11 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by DickTator1: 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
So true
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by kindnyce(m): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
COME AND SUFFER THE MALAISE?

BUT THANK GOD GMB IS ON BOARD...

ITS A PHASE CALLED NEW NIGERIA

THEY SHOULD START COMING HOME HENCEFORTH
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by ednut1(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
2008 after 2 1/2 years in uk, i came bk to nigeria everybody said i was mad and stupid, dat uk Nearly scatter my life, bad friends,gals, hustling during skul hours. wetin nigerians eye dey see there no be small especially illegal immigrants grin, bros u no lie

2 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by dmjinc(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
am home already for #change
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Madeu(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
The major thing is, if you live in a society that work. Where the basic things of livelihood are well taking care of.

Why should I come back to hub of frustration.

5 Likes

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by TI1919(m): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
grin
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by knightsTempler: 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
undecided

I'm surprised no one have said some of them thought the grass is greener over here, but getting here, they realizes it isn't the way they have envisaged. So they have to work their bûtt off to make loads of wads before going back to Nigeria.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hmmm..... wink
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
tongue
THEY SHOULD REMAIN THERE undecided undecided.
The boyfriends/husbands/magas et al we have here are way better. grin cheesy grin.
Even the ones wey finally come back, NA WETIN DEM DEY BRING?? angryCHOCOLATES AND CHEAP UK CLOTHES FROM PRIMAX cheesy cheesy.ADVANCED OKIRIKA! !! angry wink

If I want make cold catch me, I run my Ac down to 16 degree.Wear socks, cover my neck and hair, THATS ALL cheesy grin

If you want REAL MONEY, COME BACK TO NAIJA. MONEY DEY HERE.NA WHERE E DEY BE DE KOKO! cool cool LOOK FOR IT!!
How person go dey abroad dey suffer for nothing undecidedwhile if you wrap shiite for paper, you go still sale am for naija. grin grin

Make una stay there dey suffer na...Even if i marry today and my hubby is home based, I first grumble well well before I 'manage' comot here o. I LOVE NAIJA! ! OYIBO LIFE NO FIT ME RAARAA! kiss kiss

He will have to allow me travel with my mortal and pounding stick.I will also travel with one full bag of ogili and raw palm kernel tongue

Bur seriously, guys wey dey clean old oyibo women KPEKUS dat way for permanent permit, how una dey manage? Chai!! Some will do it for years, if them enter naija na to dey speak supre supre like HUMAN BEING!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
grin
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by NighttWalker(m): 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
When I'm done with my studies I'll apply for a PR or legally get married here and then go back home, I won't go back home without having a PR or being a citizen here but once I do, I'll go back home.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Air Peace Passengers Asked To Delete Video In Lagos Before Boarding / Motor Accident Kills Two ATBU Final Year Students & One Graduate (Photos) / NNPC Tanker Crashes Into Ambulance Conveying Corpse For Burial In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.