Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,371 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria (42460 Views)

We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu / President Mugabe Will Die On October 17 2017 Says Popular Zimbabwean Prophet / Robert Mugabe Will Not Contest In The 2018 Elections Due To Health Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by AmunRaOlodumare: 6:32am On Apr 02, 2015
Propaganda from opposition/western/White South African press. Who are those Zimbabweans this article speak about? Opposition party members? Democracy is also about respecting people's votes. Zimbabweans overwhelmingly voted for Mugabe in the last election. Even a survey poll done before the elections by an American firm, Freedom House, known to be anti-Mugabe, gave the victory to Mugabe by about the same margin (of voting people) of the real elections. Democracy is about respecting the people's choices.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Filmewell:

cant u join the crowd for once. the type of hatred emanating from you towards this man is d type that will turn around to consume u. watch out.
consume me ke? Shey I wan follow Jonathan go otuke ni?
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by mensdept: 6:35am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
o fee te grin
Was it a Yoruba man that started the civil war and ran away?
Mumu

Actually it was. The guys that toppled the government in Jan 66' said it was because of Awolowo.

Then shortly Ogundipe who should have stayed ran away to England, though no one pursued him. Then the same Awolowo joined Gowon rather than seek the true freedom of his god-given Oduduwa land before Lugard came through (a long story for another day)

But truly, Napoleon ran away several times, John Mccain spilled the beans on US intelligence during captivity, Diya cried and begged Abacha for forgiveness, and today, nothin do am'
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by XBLadez: 6:37am On Apr 02, 2015
emmysoftyou:
all eyes on nigeria now,
pls buhari,dnt 4get ur words of promises.

light,
creation of many jobs,
1naira to a dollar ,
and restoration of wealthy economy.
we re watching and waiting.
You believe he could do that? grin
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by seeker121(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Even though i am an advocate of change, i commend GEJ for setting the pace for other African leader to follow.

GEJ you will forever be remember for this,thank you and i pray they will not interfere with the court case regarding certificate so that he can take the glory to the last minute.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by XBLadez: 6:43am On Apr 02, 2015
kadas01:
Nigeria would bounce back to be a very great Nation!

We are suppose to take the lead in Africa and across the World!

We are the most "unique" people on this Planet!

I'm very proud to be a Nigerian!

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!
You don't know what ur saying. You think Jonathan would be hurt if he had contested the results? He did that just to save the lives of innocent Nigerians, especially in the north. Buhari's 2011 loss resulted to the death of many. Worse would have happened this year
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by omenka(m): 6:44am On Apr 02, 2015
crixtex:
Why hasnt ICC tried or carried Mugabe... is he God?
Trying leaders for rigging elections is not part of ICC's mandate. That should be handled by local courts.

Besides, maybe, not a single case has been forwarded against him in the court. A court can't prosecute a case that doesn't exist.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by MoneyGreen(m): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2015
Clueless Jonathan has no choice than to peacefully accept defeat. I bet that's what he was told during the closed-door meeting with Kofi Anan.. If Jonadaf't tries anything stupeed it will backfire on his black monkey a'ss. So why is all you losers making him feel like a hero.. He's a f'uckin' failure! *spits*
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by sukkot: 6:45am On Apr 02, 2015
RaptorX:
grin I thought you was supporting GMB.
oh yes my chief. its GMB all the way. i would like for him to be a dictator in fact. no more democrazy. he needs to be in office at least 10 years grin

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by XBLadez: 6:46am On Apr 02, 2015
sakaguchi:
Boko Haram have been watching the elections. Now that the result is out. They will die a natural death.
Just like that.

Buhari, I wish you long life, so that we can assess you after for years because I fear what will happen again should you be indisposed and Osinbajo takes over. God help my country.
Hahahahahahaha! grin grin grin just like Yar A' Dua, abi? cheesy
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by donodion(m): 6:47am On Apr 02, 2015
embarassed embarassed henceforth, I Odion shall never berate Mr Ebele Jonathan....he's now a hero other Africans uses as a yardstick for political gentlemanliness....but Bros,how far with the $20 billion?.......
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Defcon1(m): 6:47am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Jona wey don try left and right, wey don see say no other way dey, he come face who dey pursue am come say, kukuma kill me...na im u all dey decieve yourself say he conceded? The guy surrendered. In Yorubaland, they will say, IPA PIN... it means, all struggle don end.

So, wetin u want make him do? Make he continue fighting?

Dem say a powerful man dey play with u, u say u like the play...if you knw Like the play nko? U wan fight the man?

Na wetin do jona be dt...forget conceded and use surrendered!
Tell that to Laurent Gbagbo and Robert Mugabe,even IBB

He could have sacked Prof Jega, appointed his crony, and rigged the elections on a massive scale, to his advantage.
He postponed the election,remember.
He could have still shifted it yet again,to his advantage
He could manipulate the judiciary in the pending lawsuit on Gen. Buhari's qualification to contest, and oust him before May 29
But, we all know what would follow if he had gone in any of these undemocratic directions...WAR!
He knew all these things, and that was why he chose not to interfere, saying his ambition was not worth the blood of any Nigerian
Give him some credit.
He lost an election not a war.

Be magnanimous in victory,like the noble president - elect.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:49am On Apr 02, 2015
mensdept:

Actually it was. The guys that toppled the government in Jan 66' said it was because of Awolowo.

Then shortly Ogundipe who should have stayed ran away to England, though no one pursued him. Then the same Awolowo joined Gowon rather than seek the true freedom of his god-given Oduduwa land before Lugard came through (a long story for another day)

But truly, Napoleon ran away several times, John Mccain spilled the beans on US intelligence during captivity, Diya cried and begged Abacha for forgiveness, and today, nothin do am'
well, in my history book, the awolowo didn't have to askbhia people to fight a fight he cldnt win. Second, it is human nature to tremble at the sight of death. But that is not the case; I am simply calling on who asked for a fight only to run away. He fired the first shot and instigated his people to fight till death, but he ran away at the last minute.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Sheggy13(m): 6:50am On Apr 02, 2015
kenny987:

PYO will not become President if GMB loses cos he's VP-elect now, he hasn't taken d oath of office so he's not recognized yet as substantive VP. Unless of course, the matter is not decided until after handover in May 29th.
If GMB loses, the person/party with d 2nd highest number of votes will be sworn in as President provided d decision is handed down b4 GMB/PYO assume office.
Please are you saying this within the context of the constitution? I'm legally illiterate in a way. Please fill me in on this. Cheers
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 6:50am On Apr 02, 2015
emmysoftyou:
all eyes on nigeria now,
pls buhari,dnt 4get ur words of promises.

light,
creation of many jobs,
1naira to a dollar,
and restoration of wealthy economy.
we re watching and waiting.
LMAO
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by goksongold(m): 6:51am On Apr 02, 2015
Believe me president goodluck jonathan is the man of the decade here. You are a good example of democracy. That is maturity in high places.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by XBLadez: 6:52am On Apr 02, 2015
nwobiebuka:
I see a scenerio where the apc warlords( westerners) will leave buhari dry in his suit about his certificate which we all know he doesn't have!! Gej can push him for the last time but then again what if this has been tinubu's plan all along to bring power back to west through osibanjo? We all know that if Gmb loses the suit pyo becomes president!!! Watching Nigeria from America shaa
Mehn! I so admire the idea in this post. And it's possible, u know?
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 6:53am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Jona wey don try left and right, wey don see say no other way dey, he come face who dey pursue am come say, kukuma kill me...na im u all dey decieve yourself say he conceded? The guy surrendered. In Yorubaland, they will say, IPA PIN... it means, all struggle don end.

So, wetin u want make him do? Make he continue fighting?

Dem say a powerful man dey play with u, u say u like the play...if you knw Like the play nko? U wan fight the man?

Na wetin do jona be dt...forget conceded and use surrendered!
pls go back to nursery school Mr critic, your English s.ucks

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by somegirl1: 6:55am On Apr 02, 2015
arigold1304:
Northerners rigged the result more than southerners but let there be peace............buhari is in a hot sit bc all eyes on him.........i pity GMB bc of these saboteurs that sorround him SW

I concur.
The better rigger won.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Kryx(m): 6:57am On Apr 02, 2015
GEJ is the man of the moment.

You made us proud.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by skak(m): 6:58am On Apr 02, 2015
Another Coincidence

GMB the 4th president, in the 4th republic, was declared in the 4th month, after contesting for the 4th time.

God has plan for GMB since
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Drabrah(m): 7:00am On Apr 02, 2015
Shoo ooo!
U no go wait till May 29 b4 u change d title to Former President?
Abeg na him still be Presido o, even if na out-going
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by XBLadez: 7:01am On Apr 02, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:
I hope he doesn't jeopardize his new status by taking Buhari to court.
No, he won't. I've always known GEJ to be a peaceful and humble fellow. Forget the wife gra gra

BlackGirlsCode:
Let's not forget that he rigged the ss/se votes.
The whole election was marred by rigging but the worst are Katsina and Kano; more accredited figures, plus about 60 percent of voters were minors. U saw it on Tv, didn't u?
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:09am On Apr 02, 2015
Lipzlikeshugar:
pls go back to nursery school Mr critic, your English s.ucks
I was never born in england. I bet an Englishman wouldn't be able to speak or write my Yoruba language half-correctly.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Defcon1(m): 7:10am On Apr 02, 2015
XBLadez:

Mehn! I so admire the idea in this post. And it's possible, u know?
I don't think it is possible.
If GMB loses the lawsuit before being sworn in on May 29, both him and Osinbajo would be ousted.

If there is no verdict after May 29, the lawsuit would most likely be thrown out or keep being adjourned till 2019.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Sheggy13(m): 7:10am On Apr 02, 2015
Eluwilussit:

As things stand today, GEJ is the greatest Nigerian statesman in history. He has just written his name in the same page as all the great democrats around the globe by his actions in the last 24 hrs. Unfortunately, his detractors would like to deny him even that achievement if possible.

The truth is that the destiny of Nigerians was in his hands. If he had decided to put his interest ahead, ICC wouldn't be able to do much. Assuming he fired Jega and replaced him with a stooge, we would only kill ourselves and make noise until we get tired. He could have used Boko Haram as excuse too. But this bundle of greatness, decided to honour Nigerians and place our dear country among the democratically elite of nations.

His sacrifice will never be forgotten. Posterity will be fair to him. I didn't have an ounce of admiration for him before now. I only respected his position. But today, I respect him as a person. I hope to see him someday and thank him for leading the way. He simply has raised the bar in our politics. A new standard. A new dawn.

May God bless him and his family. Pdp is simply the greatest party in Africa. I am joining them for this.
If you're joining PDP because of Jonathan's actions,then that's quite funny. Is it not the same PDP that used the likes of disruptive Orubebe as an agent and big-mouthed FFK raising false alarms on elections results just to heat up the polity? Learn to see individuals differently from their parties. GEJ has written his name in the golden book of Nigerian history even tho I was never his fan leading up to the elections. Do you think all those PDP bigwigs were happy that he conceded defeat graciously after they had helped him cook up magical election figures in the key Niger Delta states? They just had no choice because acting contrary would see them as crying more than the bereaved.Bottom line is none of these two parties are made up of saints. It's your choice to make tho. Good luck.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by optimusprimer(m): 7:18am On Apr 02, 2015
chymystique:

I ccant wait for may 29th so he can start fulfilling these promises esp the one he made in my state which is not possible.
*I am just smiling and observing*

Btw, GEJ is a hero and a true democrat and am humbled and I love him for this singular act unlike GMB in 2011.

I think Zimbabweans should revolt,this might be their only way to freedom

People like you are the problem of this country. U already expecting GMB to fail. Having an 'it's impossible attitude' won't help Nigeria or even u personally in life. Everything n anything is possible.
It's obvious u voted or supported GEJ, he has lost, why not pray for and support our new guy rather than live in the shadows.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by XBLadez: 7:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Defcon1:

I don't think it is possible.
If GMB loses the lawsuit before being sworn in on May 29, both him and Osinbajo would be ousted.

If their is no verdict after May 29, the lawsuit would most likely be thrown out or keep being adjourned till 2019.
2019 is after the 4-year tenure. What if a few things about his claims are later found to be untrue after May 29; would they still wait till 2019?
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by Clinton207: 7:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Oga jona i salute you this blissful thursday morning: sir your just made us proud again as nigerians.
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by maum: 7:45am On Apr 02, 2015
I don't know why even till now, some people are talking down this action of Goodluck like it's nothing no one could have done, like he didn't have any other choice.

How many incumbent APC members handed over peacefully after one term?

We'll watch and see how it'll be handed over in the next 4 years.

Goodluck, may you always have good luck in your endeavours

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by arigold1304(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2015
somegirl1:

I concur.
The better rigger won.
yea

1 Like

Re: Zimbabweans Wish Mugabe Will Learn From Nigeria by jide333(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
you need psychiatrist bro. Nigeria will never unite because u and ur Igbo brothers keep crying now that Yoruba's voted based on sentiment, but una no cry like ds in 2011 wen we voted the cluelessness o. E ni go better for u!

you're just a fool. who told you i'm igbo? i got lots of igbo and hausa friends.. omo eko gon gon ni mi! if you think my comment mkes me an igbo then you're a s c u m. omo awori to d bone ni mo je.. you idiot i also voted GMB. but it's only f o ols like you that'll think we nigerians are not one! s tu pi d SC UM!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Was Maltreated In DSS Detention — Sowore / Successes Recorded In Operation 'lafiya Dole' From 17-22 Jan (graphic Pictures) / 12 Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.