Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives (2579 Views)

Hon Gbajabiamila Is The New Majority Leader / Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives / TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by bigass(f): 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
The current minority leader is going to replace current speaker. Confirmed
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by DickDastardly(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
Whats the meaning of gbajabiamilla? undecided
Sounds like threat cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
He will make a good speaker.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Tolexander: 11:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
bigass:
The current minority leader is going to replace current speaker. Confirmed
i don"t see that happening.

I see the post being zoned to south-south o north-east.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by bigass(f): 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
Tolexander:

have you forgetten that there's no APC member from SS and besides Yorubas sacrificed the position of Speaker to NW because of what is playing out now.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by raumdeuter: 12:02am On Apr 02, 2015
There might be some rep from edo or Rivers state.

We would give them or even north east
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 02, 2015
I don't think the SW will produce the speaker.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by stelaar(m): 12:11am On Apr 02, 2015
If we are to be fair...the head of the lower chamber should come from the South East.

President - NW
VP- SW
Senate President (likely Saraki)- NC
SGF( My Guess is Amaechi) - SS

But then Again, what does the NE get?

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by airmark(m): 12:12am On Apr 02, 2015
There is a rep from IMO state. They should give him , Rochas tried
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by BlackGirlsCode: 12:14am On Apr 02, 2015
Just as it should be.

stelaar:
If we are to be fair...the head of the lower chamber should come from the South East.

President - NW
VP- SW
Senate President (likely Saraki)- NC
SGF( My Guess is Amaechi) - SS

But then Again, what does the NE get?
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by bigass(f): 12:15am On Apr 02, 2015
Currently the Ibos hold 3 positions The Deputy Senate President Deputy Speaker and Secretary to FGN
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by leke12(m): 12:16am On Apr 02, 2015
U guys are just guru for business and "anything dat can bring money" but in politics u are below average. Every other zones(NC,NE,NW,SW) in Nigeria played their cards well,both zones produce at least 1 senator and rep in both APC and PDP knowing fully well that anything can happen. Each zones have gud representations except SE and SS, u guys shud not blame anyone for ur woes.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by bigass(f): 12:16am On Apr 02, 2015
airmark:

Ibos are Opportunists they get nothing
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by bigass(f): 12:17am On Apr 02, 2015
Currently SW and North East hold no positions in this Government.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by airmark(m): 12:19am On Apr 02, 2015
bigass:

Ibos are Opportunists they get nothing

grin
He's APC , to compensate Rochas and some imo apc supporters and voters' loyalty . APC should not behave like PDP
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by leke12(m): 12:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Igbos are going down in this match,SS can still pull hand in rivers and edo.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by donphilopus: 12:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Tolexander:

You would have been right. Since we only produce one APC Senator from the two zones, we should be able to produce the Speaker of the House of Reps. The only Senator produced by APC in the two zones is from Edo North and he happens to be a 1st term Senator so he doesn't have any hope of presiding over or leading the Senate.

The House of Reps that I know are all from Edo North which produces only 3 members. 2 out of the 3 are 2nd term members while the remaining one is Philip Shuaibu, the current majority Leader of EDHA. The member from my constituency cannot be made the Speaker because his victory is doubted..I have the feeling that if the Post is coming to the South South/Southeast Axis, it may go to Hon. Pally Iriase, representing Owan Federal Constituency...He was a one time Deputy Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly!!
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Tolexander: 12:20am On Apr 02, 2015
bigass:

have you forgetten that there's no APC member from SS and besides Yorubas sacrificed the position of Speaker to NW because of what is playing out now.
what about the house of rep seats won in Edo State or is Edo no more in the south-south?

North-east can then have the post if none is qualified in the south-south.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by osayuking(m): 12:32am On Apr 02, 2015
bigass:

check clearly there is from south south prticularly EDo....1 elected edo north 2nd yet to be elected due to postponement of election
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by donphilopus: 12:36am On Apr 02, 2015
Tolexander:
what about the house of rep seats won in Edo State or is Edo no more in the south-south?

North-east can then have the post if none is qualified in the south-south.

That's the mistake most of them are making. 80% of Nairalanders believe that APC doesn't have any Senator from the entire South South/Southeast region. Unknown to them that Edo North is still a part of that region. Though the Senator-elect is a relatively unpopular man but he's an APC member. What happened to Hosea Ayoola Agboola may happen to him as well.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Tolexander: 12:43am On Apr 02, 2015
donphilopus:

That's the mistake most of them are making. 80% of Nairalanders believe that APC doesn't have any Senator from the entire South South/Southeast region. Unknown to them that Edo North is still a part of that region. Though the Senator-elect is a relatively unpopular man but he's an APC member. What happened to Hosea Ayoola Agboola may happen to him as well.
amazes why some people leave out Edo when it comes to the South-south politics.

i don't see south-south having the senate president though!
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 02, 2015
The should give Rochas the position of SGF because Pdp or Apga candidate we take over from him on 29th of May
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by donphilopus: 1:05am On Apr 02, 2015
Tolexander:
amazes why some people leave out Edo when it comes to the South-south politics.

i don't see south-south having the senate president though!

No. We can never get. Francis Alimikhena from Edo North may likely get that Hosea Ayo-ola Agboola's treatment from Oyo State. But Hon. Pally Iriase may get the Speakership Slot from Owan Federal Constituency!
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by theMerovingian: 1:18am On Apr 02, 2015
What delusions of grandeur pretending to be savvy political grandees. The really funny bit is that all those commenting grandiosely on this thread will not matter and do not matter one bit, neither do their preferences expressed here carry any weight when the backroom deals are being done in the sharing of these positions. The other delicious bit of irony is that 4 years from today, their lives will not be materially significantly different from today.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Raiders: 2:45am On Apr 02, 2015
dazey:
The should give Rochas the position of SGF because Pdp or Apga candidate we take over from him on 29th of May
Rochas is a good governor. You guys should please vote for him
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Mcowubaba: 2:48am On Apr 02, 2015
airmark:
Lwkmd... Wat is are talking abt.....which rep
All Imo State Senators nd House members that won r in PDP....
Rochas is contesting for 2nd term Governorship..if he loses the best he can get is an appointment..nt Speaker, Senate...
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Mcowubaba: 2:49am On Apr 02, 2015
airmark:
Lwkmd... Wat is are talking abt.....which rep
All Imo State Senators nd House members that won r in PDP....(Unless d start deflection to Apc)
Rochas is contesting for 2nd term Governorship..if he loses the best he can get is an appointment..nt Speaker, Senate...
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Mcowubaba: 2:49am On Apr 02, 2015
People should calm nd let GMB nd his team start work nd actualise the promises the made...

Why r people bothering abt too many issues..
Who will be speaker/Senate president
Who will be dis who will be dat
No Igbo will be dis

GMB is president-elect of Nigeria NOT president of APC or Southwest/North...
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by MoneyGreen(m): 9:31am On Apr 02, 2015
Mcowubaba:
People should calm nd let GMB nd his team start work nd actualise the promises the made...

Why r people bothering abt too many issues..
Who will be speaker/Senate president
Who will be dis who will be dat
No Igbo will be dis

GMB is president-elect of Nigeria NOT president of APC or Southwest/North...
d ting tire me oh

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is The Next Speaker House Of Representatives by Faru: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
For fairness SS should get the speaker's position. Hon. Peter Akpatason (former NUPENG President) representing Akoko-Edo federal constituency is ranking thus should be considered for the position.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Prices Drops Below $50 -bloomberg / Photo: President Buhari Receives Dein Of Agbor / Black Americans Are Disgrace To Themselves. They Are Nuisance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.