Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence (1084 Views)

Now I Accept Buhari Hates The South East / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides / Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by Flye: 8:23am On Apr 02, 2015
APRIL 2, 2015 : FIDELIS SORIWEI
31 Comments
The President of the umbrella body of all Ijaw youths in the country, the Ijaw Youth Council, Mr. Udengs Eradiri, has called on all Ijaw youths across the nation to avoid all acts of violence, destruction and protests as a fallout of the last Saturday’s Presidential election, won by Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) of the All Progressives Congress.

Eradiri also congratulated Buhari on his electoral victory and said that Ijaw youths would support his administration, just the same way youths from other parts of the country supported the Jonathan administration.

The IYC president warned that any Ijaw youth who got involved in protest, destruction and other acts of violence would be seen to be doing so at his or her own risk.

He said that the IYC would accept the leadership of Buhari, as the South-South region had had its own chance but could not use the position to its advantage.

Eradiri advised the youth populace in the region to resist being manipulated politically.

He said, “I want to use this opportunity to congratulate Gen. Buhari who has emerged the winner of the presidential election.

“And so as IYC, when we had our own as President, the Igbo, the Yoruba, the Hausa were loyal to him. We will be loyal to the President-elect, Gen. Buhari, who from May 29, 2015 would become the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“We will accept it (the results of the election). We had our own knife and yam; we were not able to cut it the way we wanted. We have no other person to blame. It is in this part of the country that people ask for money to go and vote. However, the northerners were paying for their own transportation to go and exercise their rights and to go and pick their PVCs.

“Our people were expecting that they would be paid to collect PVCs and the results reflected so. We have no other choice; we are the architect of our own problem. So, we should be able to live with it.

“If you go and protest, you are on your own. If you go and destroy anything, you are on your own. I, as the leader of youths in this region, have reached out to other ethnic nationalities to canvass support. Maybe, we started late. Maybe the attention was not given that should have started with the political class.

“History has already recorded it. So, the best we can do is to key into his (Buhari’s) administration, just as the Yoruba and Hausa key into the administration. It is time for us to also key into the administration. So, I called on our people to steer clear of all those political manipulations.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ijaw-youths-accept-buhari-warn-against-violence/
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by theV0ice: 8:28am On Apr 02, 2015
Very interesting

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by Flye: 8:28am On Apr 02, 2015
Honestly i'm happy with the way Jonathan our president for live has composed himself and ethnic group, may God continue to give him wisdom. I wish other ethnic group can move away from bitterness so that we can move forward and build Nigeria.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by DesChyko: 8:29am On Apr 02, 2015
Supported.
The bloodshed will do us no good.
If only Tompolo and others can bear sacrificing their juicy contracts..

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by dayo23(f): 8:30am On Apr 02, 2015
#nowthatamback
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by theV0ice: 8:33am On Apr 02, 2015
DesChyko:
Supported.
The bloodshed will do us no good.
If only Tompolo and others can bear sacrificing their juicy contracts..

Now that is the "devil in the details" of all the threats........ the contracts

But who would blame them? Nigeria had always been about patronage but I see things changing.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by suresty1: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Its not be easy....but we just have to accept it! The truth is dat if you are loyal to goodluck administration, then let follow his footstep and embrace peace. GODBLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2015
Supported!

No violence!

Proud Ijaw!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by seunmsg(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2015
That's the Nigerian spirit. We must all support the president irrespective of where he comes from. Violence must never be an option no matter how aggrieved you are. Kudos to this very reasonable Ijaw Youth leader. We hope Asari and his other war mongers will take a cue from the Ijaw president.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by PassingShot(m): 8:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Very encourage development.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2015
You will live long and live well. I promise you, buhari will touch everywhere in this country. Hang me for my words if it didn't happen
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
You will live long and live well. I promise you, buhari will touch everywhere in this country. Hang me for my words if it didn't happen

You words only end here!

We also believe GMB will do well.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2015
dearpreye:

You words only end here!

We also believe GMB will do well.
grin grin even if u mark my words before, na waste of ink
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by seunfly: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2015
I love Ijaw people, I watched the result in one hotel in Abuja, the hotel is owned by a delta Ijaw man and the place was filled mostly with ijaw and some Delta state extract. I was supprised that many of them have even accepted before they anouced delta result, while I was afraid of delta state result, the owner said I should just forget it that my man has won, his friend then invited me to join their table while they zip their beer.

He said his only concern his the militants and if Buhari can do something for them they will not fight.

I went to the bar outside only to see non ijaw supporters of Jeg whining and claiming they will work with Nigerdeltans to pay back Nigeria for Jonathan's loss. Two of them were even fuming when Orubebe started his madness and were making calls about how they will eliminate and destroy Nigeria from west to north.

While will someone cry more than the bereaved if he or she does not have hidden agenda that does not match with the bereaved.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by san316(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2015
Yeah! The change is here, let's move forward. Asari is on his own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
I'm fully in agreement with the position of IYC. We have to be loyal to the government-elect but not lose focus of our struggles. Our demands should not mean rebellion.

It is a shame that Nigerians see election to be a show of ethnic might, every region and ethnic group are guilty with exception of few individuals. I hope we come to the point where patriotism will be elevated above ethnicity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by leke12(m): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2015
As a yoruba man I have no problem with the SS, we both enjoy good relationship and historical benevolence. Like the people of warri,benin,ijaw and co, but the problem of this country are igbos, na dem cause civil war, na dem start the military coup(agonyi ironsi) and now they are blaming everybody especially yoruba for jona failure for re-election as if jona is an igbo. Igbos are to greedy for power and they will never get to the top ladder as long as they encourage secessionist and tribalism. Every tribes voted for goodluck in 2011 from west to north and south and the same pple vote him out and u are complaining??

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by dazangel12: 9:51am On Apr 02, 2015
leke12:
As a yoruba man I have no problem with the SS, we both enjoy good relationship and historical benevolence. Like the people of warri,benin,ijaw and co, but the problem of this country are igbos, na dem cause civil war, na dem start the military coup(agonyi ironsi) and now they are blaming everybody especially yoruba for jona failure for re-election as if jona is an igbo. Igbos are to greedy for power and they will never get to the top ladder as long as they encourage secessionist and tribalism. Every tribes voted for goodluck in 2011 from west to north and south and the same pple vote him out and u are complaining??

hey don't hate the Igbo they deserve to vote whoever they like and ohaneze has congratulated buhari so drop it idiot.
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by chymystique(f): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Ijaw Youths Accept Buhari, Warn Against Violence by LeStylo: 11:19am On Apr 02, 2015
“We will accept it (the results of the election). We had our own knife and yam; we were not able to cut it the way we wanted. We have no other person to blame. It is in this part of the country that people ask for money to go and vote. However, the northerners were paying for their own transportation to go and exercise their rights and to go and pick their PVCs.

“Our people were expecting that they would be paid to collect PVCs and the results reflected so. We have no other choice; we are the architect of our own problem. So, we should be able to live with it.

“If you go and protest, you are on your own. If you go and destroy anything, you are on your own. I, as the leader of youths in this region, have reached out to other ethnic nationalities to canvass support. Maybe, we started late. Maybe the attention was not given that should have started with the political class.

That says it all. Thanks for being honest!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Only President To Go Into Sit And Come Out With Partner Alive. / #‎taraba‬ Final Guber Result / Who Is This Clueless Ifeduba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.