Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know (51315 Views)

See The Top 8 Android Smartphones With Massive Storage Space / 10 Facebook Tricks You Must Know / 5 Whatsapp Features We Really Wish BBM Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by fortech91(m): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging app. There are many features and tricks many users are still not aware of. So we’re are going to list those features and tricks to enable you enjoy your WhatsApp usage to the fullest.

1. WhatsApp Calling

If you are still not aware, users are now making calls through their WhatsApp. You only need to have Internet access, just like you need to have for normal chatting. To be able to join the league of users rocking this feature, you need to update your WhatsApp to the latest version.

2. Hide “Last Seen” Timestamp and Blue Ticks for Read messages

Whatsapp Last Seen Feature and the blue double ticks for Read Messages are not liked by every Whatsapp User. That’s why WhatsApp allows you to turn off the last seen and blue double ticks. Some users don’t like this feature for security and privacy reasons.

To change these settings, simply go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Account > Privacy . You can then change the Last Seen to Nobody . To turn off the double ticks for read messages, untick the Read Receipts checkbox.

3. Backup And Restore WhatsApp Chats

Your WhatsApp messages are automatically backed up and saved on your phone’s memory daily at 4am. If you delete WhatsApp from your phone and don’t want to lose any of your messages, be sure to manually back up your chats before uninstalling:

Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat Settings.
Tap Backup Conversations.

4. Lock Your WhatsApp

In WhatsApp, we do lots of private chat with our friends and family. If you usually give out your phone and you don’t want anybody to see your whatsapp messages, use WhatsApp Lock for protecting your WhatsApp messages. WhatsApp Lock is a very popular Android app for locking your WhatsApp app. Download Whatsapp Lock from Google Play Store.

5. Stop WhatsApp Images from Appearing In Gallery Or Camera Roll

If your friends or kids take your Android mobile for some reasons and they see your photo gallery, they will also see your WhatsApp photos. On Android, you have to create a .nomedia file in WhatsApp’s images or video directories. To do this, you need a file explorer such as ES File Explorer. Navigate to the images or video folders. Tap the New button in the lower left, pick File and create a file named .nomedia. This will stop the Gallery from scanning the folder.

6. Change Your WhatsApp Phone Number

If you changed your mobile number recently and don’t want to lose your WhatsApp contacts. Follow below guide for changing android mobile number in WhatsApp Android App.

Go to Settings > Account > Change number. Enter your old phone number in the top field and then your new phone number in the bottom field. Then press Done. Verify your new phone number, and all your chat history, groups and so on will be migrated to the new number.

7. Use WhatsApp on Your Computer

WhatsApp is so popular on mobile phones. But what happens when you’re working with your computer and needs to reply to someone’s messages and your phone is out of reach? That’s why WhatsApp has introduced the Web version of this messaging app.

8. Send one Whatsapp Messages to All Whatsapp Users

Sending Broadcast messages is very simple. With this feature, you can broadcast one message to your selected contacts at the same time, similar to Bulk SMS. You have to create a new broadcast by following the steps below.

Go to Menu > New broadcast
Add contacts to the broadcast and tap Create
Enter your message in the broadcast to send to everyone at the same time.

Source: http://www.androidgist.com/top-8-whatsapp-features-and-tricks-you-dont-know

75 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by cozy7(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wooow! This is very useful to me. Thanks a million.

6 Likes

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
ggrin has arrested my attention hereAren't we all wary of good ol' whatsapp? But it has been my companion right from when I use Nokia X2 to this moment.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by XtraSmooth404: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Not new... Except the call feature. Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by saxwizard(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
Not new... Except the call feature. Nice one.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Mickop(m): 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
[img][/img]
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by ggrin(f): 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
The call feature is not working on my phoneundecided
And I upgrade it this morningangry
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by fortech91(m): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
ggrin:
The call feature is not working on my phoneundecided
And I upgrade it this morningangry

what type of phone are you using?
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by ggrin(f): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
fortech91:

what type of phone are you using?
bb torch
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by funkyjms: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
fortech91:
Tap the New button in the lower left, pick File and create a file named .nomedia

What type of file? undecided A file can be in different format...word, excel, folder, virus, etc
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Nice one.

Recycled innovation.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by LordCenturion(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
And so Wat,, we will discuss about wen buhari reduce the price of data bundle

3 Likes

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by mrpackager(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by MaleoPearls(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Cool.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Gbolask24(m): 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
Good one op, you try but not strange to me am using them all wink wink

You Can Check The Following Whatsapp Tutorials As Related To The Post
How To Activate WhatsApp For Your PC HERE==>>http://bwgeeks.com/2015/02/whatsapp-now-available-for-pc/

How To Enable Free Calling Feature On WhatsApp HERE==>>http://bwgeeks.com/2015/02/how-to-enable-free-calling-feature-on-whatsapp/

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by DesChyko: 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chia.. Waste of thread.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
can i make money on whatsapp? cry

2 Likes

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by constance500: 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
Oh yeah
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by dmjinc(m): 4:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
ok
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
@OP who told u i dnt know them ehn? anyways PDP forever

3 Likes

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by donhils: 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
ggrin:
bb torch
Am not sure bb phones with BIS can make or receive the calls. U need real internet data for it.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by ShakurM(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
I actually knew them.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by hammedah01: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
The call feature is nt working on my iphone
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Hawlahscho(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
I'v known all these since 1993
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
I'm a christian, I don't do tricks, even iya Akin my second wife is aware of that.

3 Likes

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by luigiajah(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
Nice But you forgot that you can also change your friends whatsapp photo...

Type "Nigerian News Reporters.com how to change whatsapp profile" on Google you'll learn it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money / Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / App To Know Your Bvn Name And Dob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.