Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree (29916 Views)

Girl With Torn Undies Gets Severly Mocked By Trolls [PICS] / Guy In Torn Underwear On A Date With A Lady (Photo) / My Heart Has Been Torn Apart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by dre11(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dear Yemisi,

I am 27 years old. I am a graduate in serious search of a job. I finished my National Youth Service two years ago.

In the course of my service year, I met a guy who has shown interest in marrying me. I am equally interested in him. He is working in an oil company and he is well paid.

As I have searched long enough for a job and it seems none is forthcoming, I am thinking of applying for my further studies, but the guy is not well disposed to my decision for a higher degree.

My parents called to inquire of my plans and I told them that I love going back to school on part-time basis and they never objected to this. Along the line, my mother asked me when I would love to settle down. My reply was that when I am through with my masters degree. She promised to get back to me soon as she hears from God on my choice.

I have been offered an admission now, but the guy would not want to hear of it as he bluntly told me to choose either the masters programme or him and that the time he has picked to settle down is June this year. To compound my problem, my mum told me that the guy I introduced to them as my fiancé is not the will of God for my life.

I confided in the only friend who I trust. She counseled me to go and pray about the issue, but on the premise that I should not dismiss my mum’s claim.

I am soo confused about life and my situation. How many issues will I pray about? I need the counsel of your readers and yours before I take any decision.

How do I get out of this confusing state of mine?

http://www.tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/converse-with-yemisi/item/33111-i-m-torn-between-him-and-masters-degree

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ronald4lif(m): 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
What a condition. angry

She should dump his sorry ass and pursue her career/masters.

Relationship and men/women can wait but career-pursuit waits for no one. Earlier the better.

Should she succeed tomorrow drones of guys will be wrestling to win her love.

Who love don help

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Missmossy(f): 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
What sort of man will tell her such?

She should better wise up!

If the guy in question really loves her, he should want her advancement and progress and if its the other way round like It is now, a decision must still be made no matter how tough it is.

I don't know why most people think, if she should choose her Masters degree men will become a scarce commodity.

Its such an unhealthy assertion and i must confess its a thing of the mind.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hmmmm, this is like being between the devil and the Red sea and only prayer can sort her out.
She may choose the man and he turns out to be a beast,and she may choose the masters and have to wait till she's 40 to come close to marriage again.........

The processes for finding,getting and doing a Master's programme is not as tedious as the processes for finding and marrying a good(only her can tell if he is a good man or not) man and she can always get her Masters done after marriage that is if he is a good man
She can only pray

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
I have been offered an admission now, but the guy would not want to hear of it as he bluntly
told me to choose either the masters programme
or him and that the time he has picked to settle
down is June this year.
To compound my
problem, my mum told me that the guy I
introduced to them as my fiancé is not the will of
God for my life.

why do I keep having the feeling that this guy don't really love this girl in question.
does this reasons for him to dump her make sense at all

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ijustdey: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
Missmossy:
What sort of man will tell her such?

She should better wise up!

looks like the guy doesn't want her to attain higher educational qualifications because he feels it will get to her head and start misbehaving

9 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Marriage still remains the ultimate achievement to every woman. Forget the masters programme.

Stop chasing vanity. Go & get married.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by dechandel(f): 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
Nawa o..
That guy is asking for too much..
Please run far away from him.. I am sure if you ever settle down now with him, you only start multplying his dna's and your ms.c would be story for the gods

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Islie: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
SagePerv:
Married still remains the ultimate achievement to every woman. Forget the masters programme.

At least she has fulfill the minimum requirements for being a good married woman....

Educated and a child of Godgrin

10 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Princecalm(m): 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Marrying a guy who doesn't understands you or try to even weigh up your ideas is not the best.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Islie: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
To compound my problem, my mum told me that the guy I introduced to them as my fiancé is not the will of God for my life.

How did her mum know that the guy is never the will of God....

Why can't her leave her daughter to make that decision, pray about it and work it out.

We all workout our relationship by ourselves and allow interference because it could make or marr the relationship

6 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Dygeasy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
Since when did Msc become a thing that'll eat up so much of your time. It's like a programme of leisure.

You can get married and continue with your masters without any hinderance. Do it in a school within your state of residence. Simple!

But it's a fact that your boyfriend is a motherfvcker. I'm sorry.

And as for your mum's vision, tor, God will help you with that one.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by DonaldGenes(m): 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
It is simple!!. marry the guy and defer your ADMISSION

M.Sc can wait but Your Husband-To-be Might Not

2 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Dygeasy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Islie:

How did her mum know that the guy is never the will of God....

Why can't her leave her daughter to make that decision, pray about it and work it out.

We all workout our relationship by ourselves and allow interference because it could make or marr the relationship
I wonder if the mum cannot step into town and find for her daughter the man who's the will of God for her.

Like, "Hello young man, you're the will of God for my daughter." lol!

Thunder fire any man of God wey go follow me yarn dust when I don finally ready to marry. As in after world class proposal? Na to give am uppercut! lipsrsealed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
The guy is seriously suffering from low self esteem.
Prayer is the only solution....pray fervently about it.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ronald4lif(m): 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
SagePerv:
Married still remains the ultimate achievement to every woman. Forget the masters programme.

Joking or you serious?

21 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Dygeasy(m): 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
debolly:
?

1 Like

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by dre11(m): 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
bisous:
Hmmmm, this is like being between the devil and the Red sea and only prayer can sort her out.
She may choose the man and he turns out to be a beast,and she may choode the masters and have to wait till she's 40 to come close to marriage again.........

The processes for finding,getting and doing a Master's programme is not as tedious as the processes for finding and marrying a good(only her can tell if he is a good man or not) man and she can always get her Masters done after marriage that is if he is a good man
She can only pray

I couldn't agree less with the emboldened part of your post
This is just like reaching the valley of kadespanian where you don't know what to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
ronald4lif:
What a condition. angry

She should dumb his ass and pursue her career/masters.

Relationship and men/women can wait but career-pursuit waits for no one. Earlier the better.

Should she succeed tomorrow drones of guys will be wrestling to win her love.

Who love don help
dumb abi? Okay, continu...

6 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Mprex(f): 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
throw the guy out through the window undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by ronald4lif(m): 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
goofyuncut:

dumb abi? Okay, continu...

Sorry, it's a typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Islie: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dygeasy:
I wonder if the mum cannot step into town and find for her daughter the man who's the will of God for her.

Like, "Hello young man, you're the will of God for my daughter." lol!

Thunder fire any man of God wey go follow me yarn dust when I don finally ready to marry. As in after world class proposal? Na to give am uppercut! lipsrsealed

WoW......

And the girl is almost clocking 30years
That prime age some of them will start becoming desperate

1 Like

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Islie: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
Mprex:
throw the guy out through the window undecided

Why

Or you ready to step inbtwgringrin
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Dygeasy(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
Islie:

WoW......

And the girl is almost clocking 30years
That prime age some of them will start becoming desperate
It's called confusion and too much dependence on people. Imagine she came here with these issues first off. Doesn't strike me as someone who knows what's best for herself at this point of her life.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by englishmart(m): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
I'm 100% certain that the lady knows what to do

7 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
If only we all can sharpen our spiritual eyes and ears,we'd make decisions faster and have a better world
dre11:

I couldn't agree less with the emboldened part of your post
This is just like reaching the valley of kadespanian where you don't know what to do

2 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Mprex(f): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Islie:

Why

Or you ready to step inbtwgringrin
because he is beggining to show signs of a domineering male animal.

what kind of man tells a lady to choose btw him and her masters

6 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
I think you may be right we usually inherently know what to do ,sometimes we just overthink it and get so confused that we want to listen to other's opinions who would only try to make sense of what may make or mar us
englishmart:
I'm 100% certain that the lady knows what to do
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Islie: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
Mprex:

because he is beggining to show signs of a domineering male animal.

what kind of man tells a lady to choose btw him and her masters

Is he suppose to behave like a sisi...

Don't you know the number of times the guy must have said that to the lady before coming to that conclusion of she either choose him or the master.....

I believe the guy didn't just wake up one day and say that....

6 Likes

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by Islie: 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dygeasy:
It's called confusion and too much dependence on people. Imagine she came here with these issues first off. Doesn't strike me as someone who knows what's best for herself at this point of her life.

Am sure she knows what she wants she only want someone to validate her choice

1 Like

Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by dre11(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
debolly:

Do you mean prayer is the solutions to the guys low self esteem as you said.......... Or,
Re: I Am Torn Between HIM And Masters Degree by shugga(f): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
ronald4lif:

Joking or you serious?

None of the above, definitely day dreaming undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"My First And Best Sex Experience Ever" - Shared By A Woman / My Mom Has Refused Me On Having A Boyfriend / Tired Of Heart Break, Should I Just Forget About Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.