Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

I See No Good Reason To Marry - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I See No Good Reason To Marry (15416 Views)

Is It Okay For A 20-Year-Old Girl To Marry? / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

I'm conservative all through. Learn to respect that...and that's me keeping it real.

Alright, I hear that. I'll tone it down.

So can I get a sneak peek of what these nyggahs are drooling over? tongue

And what's ya field, and what makes you work for 48hrs straight?
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

Btw, a question u avnt answered is what forms your belief in spirituality.
Plus post d pic and let's get that over with

Lol, I believe In God and I believe the black man was created in the image of the most high to preserve this planet. And that since God lives inside me as a black man - I don't need a bogeyman (which religion is) to communicate with him/her. grin

But technically, I'm a Christian cos I was born and raised in a Christian family. Though I've loads of links to Islam on my paternal side, since most Ijebus are Muslims. So I understand Islam as well - and I've got tons of Muslims in my extended family.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Alright, I hear that. I'll tone it down.

So can I get a sneak peek of what these nyggahs are drooling over? tongue

And what's ya field, and what makes you work for 48hrs straight?
House officer wink My weekend call can last 48hrs +
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

House officer wink My weekend call can last 48hrs +

House officer in doing what exactly? Do you work for the feds? grin

Shyte, I don't like the police. grin grin
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, I believe In God and I believe the black man was created in the image of the most high to preserve this planet. And that since God lives inside me as a black man - I don't need a bogeyman (which religion is) to communicate with him/her. grin

But technically, I'm a Christian cos I was born and raised in a Christian family. Though I've loads of links to Islam on my paternal side, since most Ijebus are Muslims. So I understand Islam as well - and I've got tons of Muslims in my extended family.

Check now.
Your understanding of Islam must have come from the media. I don't think u understand it.

So if u'r xtian, how does d belief in old soul in young body come in? That's not something I hear in ds part of d world.
ShymmexOBE:

House officer in doing what exactly? Do you work for the feds? grin

Shyte, I don't like the police. grin grin
Medical doctor. #olodo
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_officer
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

Your understanding of Islam must have come from the media. I don't think u understand it.

So if u'r xtian, how does d belief in old soul in young body come in? That's not something I hear in ds part of d world.

Lmao...if I were to tell you that my middle name (until recently) used to be a Muslim name, given to me by my grandparents from my paternal side, would you believe me? And if I were to tell you that growing up, I used to go to the Mosque with my cousins and I know all the prayers, would you believe me? Heck, I still have English Quran I got from my doozies way back in Uni. Best believe I understand Islam, but it isn't just for me.

The white man owns Christianity, the Arab man owns Islam, Asians own Buddhism and Hinduism. I'm a black man and till we create our own - I'm not running after other people's religion. I'm my own religion - and God lives in me. grin

Christianity in Africa is a fraud with pulpit pimps taking advantage of gullible sheeple. What the teach in Pentecostal Churches wasn't what Christianity was created for - all those mofos ever talk about is prosperity and rapture. grin

1 Like

Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

Medical doctor. #olodo
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_officer

Lol, got me there. We call Doctors "GP" out here. grin

Now, I'm impressed with ya profession - you're getting fascinating by day.

Anyway, when are you going to return the favour? You have seen the pic. angry
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

What is wrong wv u. Av seen no pic
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lmao...if I were to tell you that my middle name (until recently) used to be a Muslim name, given to me by my grandparents from my paternal side, would you believe me? And if I were to tell you that growing up, I used to go to the Mosque with my cousins and I know all the prayers, would you believe me? Heck, I still have English Quran I got from my doozies way back in Uni. Best believe I understand Islam, but it isn't just for me.

The white man owns Christianity, the Arab man owns Islam, Asians own Buddhism and Hinduism. I'm a black man and till we create our own - I'm not running after other people's religion. I'm my own religion - and God lives in me. grin

Christianity in Africa is a fraud with pulpit pimps taking advantage of gullible sheeple. What the teach in Pentecostal Churches wasn't what Christianity was created for - all those mofos ever talk about is prosperity and rapture. grin

Going to d mosque doesn't mean u learnt Islam. Islam was never about the arabs. Many things about their culture and practice at the time of the prophet changed to suit Islam.

How does d old soul young body fit
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

Going to d mosque doesn't mean u learnt Islam. Islam was never about the arabs. Many things about their culture and practice at the time of the prophet changed to suit Islam.

Lol, I hope you know that beneath all my shenanigans and being a product of my environment - I'm a nerd and I do read a lot (you should have noticed in some of my posts by now, based on my knowledge scope and understanding of things). So best believe I might know more about Islam than you do. grin

Yes, Islam was never about Arabs (even Bilal was black), same way what became Christianity was never about Europeans. However, you can't deny the fact that they redefined Islam and owned it to represent them, with link that looks like them and represent Arab consciousness. Ditto what Europeans did with Christianity. That was what I was alluding to.

Evidently, as a black man, I need to use my own consciousness to create a belief system that represents me. Hence I'm not really too tough on all these religions. If it works for you, stick to it. But to me: there's more to life than making everything about man-made stuffs.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

How does d old soul young body fit

Lol, I think you digging too deep into my use of old soul in a young body. grin

It means having a wealth of experience in life that's far older than the years you have spent on this planet.

I'd say I'm still relatively young but I've been through things a lot of folks in their 40s haven't been through yet. So my understanding of certain things is at the level. That's basically what that expression means.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, I think you digging too deep into my use of old soul in a young body. grin

It means having a wealth of experience in life that's far older than the years you have spent on this planet.

I'd say I'm still relatively young but I've been through things a lot of folks in their 40s haven't been through yet. So my understanding of certain things is at the level. That's basically what that expression means.
I av always it has something to do with spirituality. I must have read something relating to that somehere.
But ur explanation does make sense.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, I hope you know that beneath all my shenanigans and being a product of my environment - I'm a nerd and I do read a lot (you should have noticed in some of my posts by now, based on my knowledge scope and understanding of things). So best believe I might know more about Islam than you do. grin

Yes, Islam was never about Arabs (even Bilal was black), same way what became Christianity was never about Europeans. However, you can't deny the fact that they redefined Islam and owned it to represent them, with link that looks like them and represent Arab consciousness. Ditto what Europeans did with Christianity. That was what I was alluding to.

Evidently, as a black man, I need to use my own consciousness to create a belief system that represents me. Hence I'm not really too tough on all these religions. If it works for you, stick to it. But to me: there's more to life than making everything about man-made stuffs.
The Arabs may have played some stunts and that's one reason a role many Muslims play is to sift what's really Islam and what's not. Once u'r able to do that, u'd c d beauty and have a deep appreciation of what it is. U'd be rest assured u'r walking the path the Almighty wants, like Malcolm X discovered wink
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Where's d PIC
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

I av always it has something to do with spirituality. I must have read something relating to that somehere.
But ur explanation does make sense.

Lol, my context has nothing to do with spirituality - just mere expression about my experience in life. tongue
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

Where's d PIC

It's the there - just a normal pic.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

It's the there - just a normal pic.
Ok. Now I havr an idea. How tall are u?
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

The Arabs may have played some stunts and that's one reason a role many Muslims play is to sift what's really Islam and what's not. Once u'r able to do that, u'd c d beauty and have a deep appreciation of what it is. U'd be rest assured u'r walking the path the Almighty wants, like Malcolm X discovered wink

Lol, many Muslims who still follow the Sunni doctrine and are now embracing wahabism, no? grin Even the Persians and their ‎Shia have something that represent them. Ditto Sufi Muslims. grin

And what did my hero, Malcolm X discover? tongue
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

Ok. Now I havr an idea. How tall are u?

Slightly above 6'2.

Did you see any flat head there? grin

Return the favour. tongue
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, many Muslims who still follow the Sunni doctrine and are now embracing wahabism, no? grin Even the Persians and their ‎Shia have something that represent them. Ditto Sufi Muslims. grin

And what did my hero, Malcolm X discover? tongue
Don't use d sectaranism as an excuse. Every1 knows sunni Islam is d right Islam and Islam is never named after a founder. The term wahabism is unaccepted.
I am sure u can find out what Malcolm X discovered. You are a vast reader.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Slightly above 6'2.

Did you see any flat head there? grin

Return the favour. tongue
You try grin
What favour undecided
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

You try grin
What favour undecided

How tall are you?

Where's ya pic?
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

How tall are you?

Where's ya pic?

5'6
I dont post pics on NL.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

Don't use d sectaranism as an excuse. Every1 knows sunni Islam is d right Islam and Islam is never named after a founder. The term wahabism is unaccepted.
I am sure u can find out what Malcolm X discovered. You are a vast reader.

Sectarianism is part of Islam today in the wider world, promoted by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE - the home of modern Islam, especially Sunnis. So they're like bread and butter - you can't separate the two. Separating the two would amount to taking Mecca out of Saudi Arabia. grin

How can you say you're going to back real Islam, when you extol the Sunni doctrine, which is quintessentially the Arab doctrine?

Malcolm X was into NOI, then later embraced Sunni for international support for the cause, and his new plan for Pan-Africanism, before he was assassinated. His journey to Africa had more impact on his life, during his last days, than his journey to Mecca.

Heck, in a subtle way, before he died, he dissed the Arab world based on how they treat women. grin
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

5'6
I dont post pics on NL.

Hmmm...interesting.

Send offline then - I wanna see it. tongue
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 16, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Sectarianism is part of Islam today in the wider world, promoted by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and UAE - the home of modern Islam, especially Sunnis. So they're like bread and butter - you can't separate the two. Separating the two would amount to taking Mecca out of Saudi Arabia. grin

How can you say you're going to back real Islam, when you extol the Sunni doctrine, which is quintessentially the Arab doctrine?

Malcolm X was into NOI, then later embraced Sunni for international support for the cause, and his new plan for Pan-Africanism, before he was assassinated. His journey to Africa had more impact on his life, during his last days, than his journey to Mecca.

Heck, in a subtle way, before he died, he dissed the Arab world based on how they treat women. grin
I don't deny that sectaranism is in Islam. No one can stop that from happening. But u need to know that Islam as practiced by the prophet is what I promote and not what happens in Saudi or Qatar. For example,The dead saudi king had over 30 wives according to wikipedia. That is not allowed in Islam.
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 16, 2015
Yadoctora:

I don't deny that sectaranism is in Islam. No one can stop that from happening. But u need to know that Islam as practiced by the prophet is what I promote and not what happens in Saudi or Qatar. For example,The dead saudi king had over 30 wives according to wikipedia. That is not allowed in Islam.

Lol, you still face the east (Mecca) whenever you're praying, and that signifies Saudi Arabia as the holy land. grin So you can't deny ya link to Saudi Arabia and Qatar - the proponents of terrorism/wahabism/sectarianism. I'm sure you have either been to Mecca or you're still planning to.

Polygyny is part of Islam - and I won't mind making you one of my 20 wives. My paternal grandpa had about 20 wives, and I'm trying to surpass that great Ijebu merchant/aristocrat who was a Muslim. tongue

Regardless, I honestly don't care about people's religion(s) unless they get too fussy about it with some sanctimonious tripe. It's a free world, and you're free to practise whatever works for you.

Anyway, you just failed a test, and thus far, I'll give you a C-. Not a good look. undecided
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 1:46am On May 17, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Lol, you still face the east (Mecca) whenever you're praying, and that signifies Saudi Arabia as the holy land. grin So you can't deny ya link to Saudi Arabia and Qatar - the proponents of terrorism/wahabism/sectarianism. I'm sure you have either been to Mecca or you're still planning to.

Polygyny is part of Islam - and I won't mind making you one of my 20 wives. My paternal grandpa had about 20 wives, and I'm trying to surpass that great Ijebu merchant/aristocrat who was a Muslim. tongue

Regardless, I honestly don't care about people's religion(s) unless they get too fussy about it with some sanctimonious tripe. It's a free world, and you're free to practise whatever works for you.

Anyway, you just failed a test, and thus far, I'll give you a C-. Not a good look. undecided

You get an F mtchew
Am I here to pass your tests undecided
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 1:52am On May 17, 2015
Yadoctora:

You get an F mtchew
Am I here to pass your tests undecided

The typical naij chic in you is slowly but surely coming out - stop frontin'. tongue undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOtkH5amC7s
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 9:27am On May 17, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

The typical naij chic in you is slowly but surely coming out - stop frontin'. tongue undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOtkH5amC7s
I never claimed to be non-naija. I am just not typically so. Therefore, expect some naijaism. Although in this case, I haven't fronted.

That's an interesting song btw. Is that how u really feel?
Re: I See No Good Reason To Marry by Nobody: 9:59am On May 17, 2015
Yadoctora:

I never claimed to be non-naija. I am just not typically so. Therefore, expect some naijaism. Although in this case, I haven't fronted.

That's an interesting song btw. Is that how u really feel?

You aren't frontin' but you gave me F - ahahaha. Cray!

Gave you C- cos you renegaded on our deal...thus failing woefully. undecided

This is how I feel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-A74VAvpc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? / British Family Considering Move To Nigeria. Advice Welcomed :) / Happy Birthday Kaboninc!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.