Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport (15482 Views)

NDLEA Nabs Two Grandmothers For Drug Trafficking At Lagos Airport (Pics) / NDLEA Seizes N61m Worth Of Drugs At Abuja Airport / NDLEA Nabs Female Kenyan Dancer With Cocaine (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by dridowu: 8:07am On Apr 03, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) attached to the Akanu Ibiam International Airport (AIIA) Enugu has arrested two businessmen for allegedly trafficking 11.66kg of cocaine and heroin worth N105, 000,000.

This is just as the Chief Executive of NDLEA), Ahmadu Giade warned drug barons that the anti drug agency will continue to resist the use of Nigeria in drug trafficking.

He noted that since the Enugu airport was upgraded to international status, some drug traffickers are targeting the use of the airport, adding that several attempts to smuggle drugs from East Africa, Brazil and other parts through the Enugu airport had been foiled by NDLEA.

According to Giade, “the NDLEA is prepared to arrest drug traffickers and seize their drugs, notwithstanding the mode of concealment. These arrests, especially the suspect going to East Africa will definitely send a warning signal that the airports are not safe for drug trafficking. We are determined to always be on the alert and this arrest is a test of our vigilance because Bujumbura is not a regular route.”

The NDLEA Commander at the Enugu airport, Nsikak-Abasi Udoh, said that two suspected drug suspects Obuora Christopher Nebe, 38 year-old and Iheme Promise Onyemauchechukwu, 27 year-old will soon be arraigned at the Federal High Court Enugu.

According to him, “Obuora was found to have ingested 70 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.685kg on his way to Turkey, while Iheme had 9.975kg of heroin hidden inside cosmetics on his journey from Bujumbura, Burundi. They were both arrested during screening of passengers on Ethiopian airline flights”.

The Commander explained that Obuora Christopher Nebe, who hails from Uriagwa in Anambra State confessed to the NDLEA that he would have been paid the sum of N1,000,000 million if he had succeeded.

His route was Enugu, Adis Ababa and Turkey.

Iheme Promise Onyemauchechukwu, who hails from Imo State, according to the agency was recruited in Tanzania by a suspected drug cartel in East Africa and that the suspect told narcotic investigators that he smuggled drugs because he was stranded.

According to him, “I used to sell phone accessories before I left the country. I wanted to go to Malaysia in search of job opportunities, but I was stranded in Tanzania.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/ndlea-nabs-two-businessmen-n105m-drugs-enugu-airport/

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by acecarter(m): 8:16am On Apr 03, 2015
They should face the wrath of law...

*runs_to_stage_&_picks_mic*

Blood of God!!! So my second post on nairaland is first & at the same time on front page... #dancing to woju... I will like to dedicate this land to my family & friends especially my mom....I wouldn't forget my respectable incumbent president... You one of your kind in Nigerian politics...

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Alexchubee(m): 8:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Bursted....
Am on first page 4 d 1st time signs of good things to come on a good friday..
Bck to topic RIP 2 d dead cus dey are as good as dead,fast money kills faster dan poverty..
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by boman2014: 8:27am On Apr 03, 2015
Dont do drugs

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by 5p1naz(m): 9:25am On Apr 03, 2015
tongue let their trial start after may 29. Let them be buhari's scapegoat. .. hehe

4 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 03, 2015
hm hm dey shud face d full blooded, buharious wrath of d APCious law.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by dechandel(f): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2015
These guys should just go and meet Arthur Eze to learn work from him.. Haba grin grin
Meanwhile, why push drugs when you can make an honest living out of yourself

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by niceguy7(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2015
God don punish dem today!!!
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Zaikon(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2015
May be them no gree bribe or dem high...
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by PLANETOFBETS1: 9:27am On Apr 03, 2015
[size=50pt]I HAIL THE BIAFRA NATION THO wink wink wink wink[/size]

24 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Immarshall: 9:27am On Apr 03, 2015
K
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by magabounce(m): 9:27am On Apr 03, 2015
Good Move..
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by lonelydora: 9:28am On Apr 03, 2015
And when they get to Indonesia or Malaysia, they will be caught and sentenced to death. Nigerians will start blaming those countries on why they want to kill their citizens? Abstain from drug trafficking and corruption, they no go hear

9 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 03, 2015
#Rick Ross voice# They claimed to be businessmen but I Ma call black Pablo Escobarz with no brains..Huuuh
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by stinggy(m): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2015
Real businessmen undecided

You guys had better rush up all drug deals before the General is enthroned. We won't be listening to pleas by then, once caught, you'll be tried, once found guilty, you die lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 03, 2015
The love of money.
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Jonarinho(m): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2015
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by magabounce(m): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2015
irunoobo:
undecided
Immarshall:
K
PLANETOFBETS1:
a
softapple:
A
acecarter:
L
[size=30pt]Keep Booking!!! [/size]
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 03, 2015
Ok
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2015
Business men indeed

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by ignis: 9:31am On Apr 03, 2015
They must be igbo business men. I trust them when it comes to business.

It's all about making money.

The business of business is business.

10 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Generalkorex(m): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2015
That's good.
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2015
Na vex Buhari go take punish them o. Chai! Enugu cry

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Oblitz(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2015
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Kinkale(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2015
I promised myself dat i won't book space since buhari won the erection abi election..

Bur its too late
Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2015
If only BUHARI had accepted defeat in 2011 just the way GEJ did, 800 Nigerians including corpers wont have died. If it was APC that lost, we would have been hearing sounds of war here and there.
A man called "CLUELESS" has shown us what democracy truly mean. The US and Western World predicted that Nigeria will split but GEJ put them to shame.
PGEJ was the CHANGE we all have been clamouring, longing for and talking about...he CHANGED our political history by conceding defeat without unnecessary argument.
GEJ will forever be remembered in Nigerian History.
RESPECT!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Nabs Two Businessmen With N105m Drugs At Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2015
This was why I told someone if by some stroke of luck the Biafra becomes a reality, that Mexico will be a child's play. It sure would be a country full of drug lords and every catel will carve out its own enclave and floats its own army. It is going to be survival of the fittest.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts 1.6 Kilograms Of Controlled Drugs En-route Turkey / Update On Nigerian Man Accused Of Killing A Teenage Girl In Italy / I’m Into Kidnapping Because Someone Told Me It’s Lucrative – Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.