Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:29 PM

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory (28900 Views)

Governors Are Not Meeting Over Buhari's Health - Lai Mohammed / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / Senators In Emergency Meeting Over Saraki- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by samueleto(m): 10:44am On Apr 03, 2015

Following the success recorded by the All Progressives Congress, its leading figures have started consultations with a view to forming an inclusive government that would take care of the various political interests within the party.

It was learnt in Abuja on Thursday that party leaders began the process with consultations with those who contested in the party’s Presidential primaries.

As part of these consultations, the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, was at the Asokoro private residence of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Thursday.

Although details of the meeting were not made public because both men met behind closed doors, it was learnt that it was part of consultations to work out modalities of filing cabinet positions.

It was further learnt that party leaders had since reached an agreement to ensure that all nominees for cabinet positions must meet strict guidelines to complement the high standard set by the President-elect.

It is however unclear when similar meetings will be held with other presidential contestants including Governors Rabiu Kwankwaso, Rochas Okorocha of Kano and Imo states respectively.

A highly placed party member, who pleaded anonymity, because he was not authorised to speak to the media said, “ What do you expect? Our party is proactive and we want to hit the ground running by ensuring that rough edges are ironed out in good time.

“The party is run with a lot of consultations. So, it is not unusual that our leader met with another respected leader of our party privately. I do not have details of what was discussed but I have no doubt it is nothing less than how to move our dear nation forward.”

Calls to the mobile telephone numbers of Tinubu’s media aide, Sunday Dare and the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, indicated that they were unavailable as of the time of filing this report (8:05pm).

http://www.punchng.com/news/polls-atiku-tinubu-meet/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by nerodenero: 10:48am On Apr 03, 2015
It's a secret, yet I read it!grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by tunery004(m): 11:35am On Apr 03, 2015
I can authoritatively tell u dat wot was discussed was on how Elder Gooday Orubebe will become minister of information

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by CR77(f): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hmmm see there face i dey fear those men oo

Buhari i hope u hear waiting Rev fr ejike mbaka talk surround yourself with good people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
just came back from 4days ban, lemme keep shut becos if i talk wetin dey my mind i might bag 3 yrs ban,from there my phone go lose might even forget my username and password

till then zips my medulla

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
IT pains me to think dat buhari is just a puppet

14 Likes 1 Share

Tinubu and Atiku? make we dey watch na

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by gen2briz(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ok ooo
Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by freshness2020: 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
...what else but how to allocate the oil wells.
..don't worry Buhari will dissappoint all of you.. God bless GMB, God bless the F.R.N.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Bevista: 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
It was further learnt that party leaders had since reached an agreement to ensure that all nominees for cabinet positions must meet strict guidelines to complement the high standard set by the President-elect..
When the Leader sets the standard, everyone else falls in line and tries to work within those standards.

If you have zero appetite for corruption, people under you will make effort to behave themselves else they incur your wrath. If you think corruption is not stealing, then your cabinet will respond in kind.

Long live GMB!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by TopGee: 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Maybe, on how to move Nigeria forward.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
tunery004:
I can authoritatively tell u dat wot was discussed was on how Elder Gooday Orubebe will become minister of information

You need ten injections of Jegacilline.....statim

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Boscojugunu(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Apc
Change

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by RichDad1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Let the good work begin. Those that sowed in tear will surely reap with laughter.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Its no more "jonathan and security chiefs in closed door meeting."

pls, discuss how to tackle dis insurgency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
What they should be discussing is the appointment of good technocrats for Finance, Petroleum Power and agric.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Dannyset(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hold meeting till tomorrow, if it doesn't align wit GMB plans, forget it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Sweetguy25: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Talking about how to cover their loot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Anikulhapo(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
TINUBU DESERVES OUR COMMENDATION AT LEAST FOR GIVING US AN OPPOSITION THAT CAN CHASE PDP OUTTA POWER,MAY HE LIVE TO EAT THE FRUITS OF HIS ENDEAVOURS.

24 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by carterguccy(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Seen!
Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by brownlord: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Waiting for the outcome.

It will manifest in 6 months time.

No alarm for cause
Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by earthgreeners(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
googlepikin:
I was on a bike yesterday and the Abokii guy asked me who did I vote for, buhari or GEJ , I said buhari. I asked him who is he going to vote for in Lagos governorship election, he said all okada association and northerners have had a meeting that they can't be deceive by APC for the third time. that they have agreed to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. it's amazing that Lagos state presidential vote was 700 and something to 600 and something thousand mind you half of those who voted for buhari have plans to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. So imagine the North, SS and SE voting for JIMI AGBAJE in dis kinda free and fair elections, then I'm sorry for tinubu , fashola and co. there will be shock in Lagos state in few days time.1,000,000 vote for JIMI AGBAJE dis coming election. am pleading to all Northerners , southerners and Easterners to come out in our millions to vote for the rightful man for Lagos state. let's all vote for JIMI AGBAJE because he's the right man. LIKE IF YOU WILL VOTE FOR JIMI AGBAJE and share if you will vote for ambode.

Daddy you can lie oooo...

Jimi Agbaje Ko, Agbado Ijaiye ni

How many times are we gonna tell you dat the nigga is JUST KIDDING

Ambode is our choice....

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by phlio(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
I will be the minister for youth creativity

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Texcoco(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nigerians,see your godfathers delibrating the strength of chains that can be used to yoke you...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by RichDad1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
googlepikin:
I was on a bike yesterday and the Abokii guy asked me who did I vote for, buhari or GEJ , I said buhari. I asked him who is he going to vote for in Lagos governorship election, he said all okada association and northerners have had a meeting that they can't be deceive by APC for the third time. that they have agreed to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. it's amazing that Lagos state presidential vote was 700 and something to 600 and something thousand mind you half of those who voted for buhari have plans to vote for JIMI AGBAJE. So imagine the North, SS and SE voting for JIMI AGBAJE in dis kinda free and fair elections, then I'm sorry for tinubu , fashola and co. there will be shock in Lagos state in few days time.1,000,000 vote for JIMI AGBAJE dis coming election. am pleading to all Northerners , southerners and Easterners to come out in our millions to vote for the rightful man for Lagos state. let's all vote for JIMI AGBAJE because he's the right man. LIKE IF YOU WILL VOTE FOR JIMI AGBAJE and share if you will vote for ambode.

Continue deceiving yourself. Okada ko, Bellview ni.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Any meeting without d General is rubbish joor
Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by eleluabdulsalam(m): 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Abi
Nwu
Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
They can close the door all they want,make the room soundproof if they like.

The general is here to stay.

And how do they know GMB is the topic of discussion
Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by dabrake(m): 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
bushdoc9919:

You need ten injections of Jegacilline.....statim
Or Jegamycin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
please don't disappoint APC supporters in south south ohhhhh, we never supported our broda for one Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Healing Without Justice — Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Replies Tinubu / Ngige Escapes Mob Attack As Anambra APC Meeting Turns Violent / Heavy Security As Tolling Resumes At Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.