Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (74974 Views)

How Should I Respond To My Boss Who Fired Me Via Email? / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by greatestboss(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
OP, you're on point.
how can she ask you to carry her handbag ALONG WITH HER? That's digusting mehn!
I no fit say because i wan chop meat make i start to dey call cow MASTER!

3 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by sirp2007: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Yomieluv:
Bro,you fvcked up big time..

In search of daily bread,there are so many insults,and compromising situation you just have to ignore to get it.

Anybody telling you otherwise is your enemy..

If you have the chance to redeem the situation,please do. Work no dey Nigeria.

because u want eat meat u go call cow uncle? abegi d guy jus break free 4rm wud be slavery...Op did well.
4rm bag carrying is bn sent to buy recharge card, then go drop tis tin 4 house, come clean my table, u must attend tis occasion, go buy my lunch . b4 u know it tis same oga will say u re nt good at ur job bt 4 errand. nd she will replace u wth someone tht knows his worth.

Guy 4get d lost job nd move ahead, u hv better tins waiting 4 u in d future.
The biggest lie u will ever be told is tht there is no job. there re lots of job out there.

12 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Symphony007: 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
What would you have taken from you to carry the bag? Now, you have lost a job in this difficult economy!! I am of the view that you do anything your boss tells you to do so for as it is not illegal or detrimental to your health. You can't have an attitude or be smug and make it up the ladder of success.

6 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by ZACHIE: 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
JayKaba:
Yes, you are wrong. As long you are not working for yourself, you need to learn to 'suck up' to your boss, especially in our kind of environment (Nigeria). Sorry man, goodluck at your next job.
Pathetic

3 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
drfk001:
dude you are wrong...she ain't your girlfriend who you can form alpha male for. Dust your cv and include carrying of bags as your special skill

*falls from coconut tree grin grin grin*

3 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by holyokoto(m): 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Guy you are very wrong, You Can't predict female Boss but to dance to their tune as long as you work under them.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by zikuma: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
There are time when you have accept the condition you find yourself. It's just a matter of time. You made a mistake
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Jerrick(m): 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
drfk001:
dude you are wrong...she ain't your girlfriend who you can form alpha male for. Dust your cv and include carrying of bags as your special skill
grin
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by holyokoto(m): 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kolade354:
I will do the same 100 times you are right bro............A man has to be a man,I cant sell my birthright because of food.

Because you never jam
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by neyur: 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?

U deserves serious fire and one week detaine in police custody

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Smh! Women and small power!

3 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Misogynist2014(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
You've done well
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by CR77(f): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
U see ur life tongue
TOLULOPEMIDEAR:
lipsrsealed no nt r[color=#550000][/color]eally
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Kolade354(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
holyokoto:

Because you never jam
Is it is official duty to carry Hand bag for his Boss...........Abeg Stfu

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by damola311: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
drfk001:

This make me laugh......lol
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Misogynist2014(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
duni04:
Smh! Women and small power!
Don't mind them. I don't blame the Arab world and their treatment of women.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by veraiyke(m): 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Just go and beg her to see if you can get your job back cox it not funny carrying CV about. N be ready for d worse if you are pardoned n recalled. D nonsense lady is trying to show off

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by BABANGBALI: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
You no get elders?babalawo,witches and wizards to report her to in your village?mtcheeeew. Abeg go look for one jo
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Don't mind them. I don't blame the Arab world and their treatment of women.
Honestly the Arabs are the only sane men in the world today. They've put women in their place. Men elsewhere have really fumbled undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Drabrah(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
jaykaylegend:
Guy, you are more than wrong.. She is your boss and not your gf.. Even if she is. Younger than you, you have to carry it..
Boss, & So?
Wot was his job description? P.A. or messenger?
D only reason he's wrong is cos na 9ja & work nor dey. So he shoe go fit chop bitumen small b4 e go fit get anoda job. Dat's all
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by jamillion: 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
U ar very wrong, there's this saying ' sacrfice today and be a God tomorrow' damn does that will make jest of u when they sees little boss bag in my hand, u allow pride to overwhelm u, am sure u ar regreting nw. Pride,pride,pride a devils tool. Beware

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by sparko1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
klark3:
I was employed as an architect in a medium size architectural firm, my boss happens to be a lady.

I hitched a ride in her car after a meeting with a client on site, It's was even my first time of hitching a ride in her car, as I have always eschewed it, on getting to the office she asked me to carry her hand bag along, but I turned deaf ear to her request and swiftly went straight to the office, but she came to my office and gave me a sullen glare.

I thought the malice won't last long, but unfortunately for me, she fired me this morning for a no cogent reason.

I'm downcast and bewildered, she's just privilege to be the manager because it's her dad firm, she's my contemporary, and I was on the verge of supervising a gigantic project.

Was I wrong?
You went wrong when you got a free ride, if you want to be on your own you shouldn't have asked or agreed to a free ride. The moment you break the official distance be ready to pay.

5 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Ilekeh(f): 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
JayKaba:
Yes, you are wrong. As long you are not working for yourself, you need to learn to 'suck up' to your boss, especially in our kind of environment (Nigeria). Sorry man, goodluck at your next job.

Only in Nigeria.
Is the OP a slave?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by laplace12(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
I don't know if you are right or wrong bro, but I know you are not too relevant in that company. Or maybe she is not a good manager.

4 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
OP, if your boss tells you to kneel down and kiss her feet, you do not have to do that , but do not expect to keep your job. This is a simple truth.

Of course you were not wrong to disobey her, but she was also not wrong to sack you for insubordination.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by InvertedHammer: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kolade354:
I will do the same 100 times you are right bro............A man has to be a man,I cant sell my birthright because of food.
/
The person that feeds you is your god next to God.

What is the cost-benefit ratio of not carrying the bag? Zilch!

Let's see how long it will take you to get another job.

Meanwhile, your action is justifiable if the job is not fulfilling enough for you and you have a Plan B.
\

4 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
LOL! Oh well! What's so bad if you carried her handbag? You let your ego get in the way, forgetting that you were working for her.

Sorry o
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by watered(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Na u dull ur self o... She's ur boss and its her dad's firm.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Waper2(m): 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Me and u na mate nor dey see food dey chop. B wise ok.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by generalife: 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bros since u no be PA. Why u go D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ carry bag? Jobs re professional stuffs. Power D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shak Nigerians sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.