Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Why Does God Simply Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Simply Exist? (5127 Views)

Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis / The Nonsense Of Spiritual Husbands, Wives And Children: Do They Exist? / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Simply Exist? by Kay17: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
As a general principle, Being is a component of parts and by its necessary complexity must come to exist by a precedent entity which makes up its complexity. This general principle applies to The Universe, the water cycle, man but theists refuse to apply this to God. God is clearly a being and therefore a composite of parts. God has the mind to direct and the power to effect. There ought to (following the general principle) be a some sort of direction that brought these two parts together otherwise a coincidence.

I eagerly await replies.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by tohpahz(f): 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
I honestly don't know..
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Idrismusty97(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Theists wants us to simply believe that "Something can't come from nothing", except god... Lol

And they mock the scientists Big-Bang theory...I rather put my hope on people working on finding the cause, not some bearded spongebobs with story books. lol

6 Likes

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by gatiano(m): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
I am an olodo, Your grammar is too much; wetin?
Anyway, As you have written, GOD is a humanbeing. That GOD is a spirit is the handing work of the devils, which suggests that devils too are humanbeings. The incorporeability of GOD was what the devils used to take over the world.
GOD is a Man and also a Woman, They came from the last universe to create this present one, The last one became the first earth in the center of the universe.
Does GOD die? NO! GOD can not die but HE does have to renew Himself or Herself over and over again until this present universe is over and the next universe is created. Thus, this universe will become the next first earth, It is always in the center because from the first earth is where the universe will begin to expand and expand building the suns, stars, the planets in it. The people are the same who came from the previous universe, with them the animal and the plant original totem, from which every species is created.

However, we can call ourselves atheists, that is like saying i do not believe or have confidence in myself. I am GOD, but falling, There are other GOD which are still in their Grace, Yet we are not polytheists. That is because of the cosmic unity of GOD, or better THE CREATOR.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
God exists, we don't rely on scientific evidence, we believe by faith.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by plaetton: 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Akdegreat:

Good.
But I am sure you have no problems with people who believe in Invisible Pick Unicorn by faith also,
Or any number of beliefs, no matter how ridiculous or improbable?

We can all live with your honesty, As Long As You Don't Delude Yourself That What You Believe By faith Is Better Or Truer Than Anyone Else's.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Kay17: 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Akdegreat:

I was not debating that with you. I asked about why God always exists, why not everything else.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kay17:

I was not debating that with you. I asked about why God always exists, why not everything else.
By 'everything else' you mean ..?
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kay17:
As a general principle, Being is a component of parts and by its necessary complexity must come to exist by a precedent entity which makes up its complexity. This general principle applies to The Universe, the water cycle, man but theists refuse to apply this to God. God is clearly a being and therefore a composite of parts. God has the mind to direct and the power to effect. There ought to (following the general principle) be a some sort of direction that brought these two parts together otherwise a coincidence.

I eagerly await replies.

If I understand your flow..."being" for you is a derivative; which necessarily implies a continuation of a 'process'. You suggest that for something to be it has to get it's components from something else.

The question for me would be 'when does the process begin?'. Where does the component parts of a being come from? To say that God is made up of various components, is also saying that he is just a part of a process.

That is not what I believe in. God is not part of a process. He is more like the initiator of the very first process which begets the Universe. This begs the question (more or less) if God started THE process, who or what started God?

The question of 'who or what started God' only arises when the individual asking does not have a proper grasp of the concept if infinity. God's existence does not have a demonstrable beginning because it is infinite.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
To the topic proper, I will answer with a question: Must there be a reason for God's existence?
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
striktlymi:
To the topic proper, I will answer with a question: Must there be a reason for God's existence?
No being exists without purpose. Purpose is a necessary component of existence. The Creator doesn't exist in the same way that we exist.
Does the human exist in the same way an ant or bat exists?
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by davien(m): 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

No being exists without purpose. Purpose is a necessary component of existence. The Creator doesn't exist in the same way that we exist.
Actually yes....we're all made of matter aren't we?
You seem to know "the creator" vividly, can you tell us how? undecided
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
davien:
Who is this one?
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by davien(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Who is this one?
So a single click on my profile is hard work?.... Sonoflucifer...answer the question.

What method did you use to determine that "the creator" is an exception?
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
davien:
So a single click on my profile is hard work?.... Sonoflucifer...answer the question.
You are looking for a fight where there is none. Typical of most atheists on this forum. Go find something useful to do, matter.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kay17:

I eagerly await replies.
You are very funny, you put yourself in a Faith that needs proof to believe in existence grin. Excuse my laughter. You want us to tell you how YHWH came into existence? Are we God? What sort of silly question is this? Stop thinking about God. There are other threads that need your 'wisdom'. You claim you don't have to disprove what did not exist, but at least you agree that the universe is either from intelligent design or accidental causes, therefore it won't be right to exclude God. Let me give you a shocker, it is hard for a wise man to know God. Read these verses....

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 King James Version (KJV)
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which
are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the
understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not
God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God
by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks
foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and
the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is
stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not
many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God
hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea,
and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and
righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
davien:

What method did you use to determine that "the creator" is an exception?
How boring life must be for you if all you and can ever be is defined by mathemical laws and methods. I really have no time to waste on your ilk. Continue to dwell in your darkness.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by davien(m): 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

You are looking for a fight where there is none. Typical of most atheists on this forum. Go find something useful to do, matter.
You presented a claim and I asked a question in response to that claim, how is that a "fight"?

Or is this your panic response to critical examination?....panicking? :-/

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by davien(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

How boring life must be for you if all you and can ever be is defined by mathemical laws and methods. I really have no time to waste on your ilk. Continue to dwell in your darkness.
And you're accusing me of trying to start a fight?... shocked

Life's not boring for me by the way....I reckon you think that having reliable information through testable methods means no awe at anything...the thrill is in discovery not assertions you can't back up...

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by gatiano(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
The Creator exist in the same way that we exist. exist is exist, Only the Creator is wiser and has aquired knowledge through endless experiences. Thus we are just wiser than the ants and other animals, some animals are wiser than other animals.
sonOfLucifer:

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
gatiano:
The Creator exist in the same way that we exist. exist is exist, Only the Creator is wiser and has aquired knowledge through endless experiences. Thus we are just wiser than the ants and other animals, some animals are wiser than other animals.
Exist is exist? Tell me something.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Redlyn: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
gatiano:
I am an olodo, Your grammar is too much; wetin?
Anyway, As you have written, GOD is a humanbeing. That GOD is a spirit is the handing work of the devils, which suggests that devils too are humanbeings. The incorporeability of GOD was what the devils used to take over the world.
GOD is a Man and also a Woman, They came from the last universe to create this present one, The last one became the first earth in the center of the universe.
Does GOD die? NO! GOD can not die but HE does have to renew Himself or Herself over and over again until this present universe is over and the next universe is created. Thus, this universe will become the next first earth, It is always in the center because from the first earth is where the universe will begin to expand and expand building the suns, stars, the planets in it. The people are the same who came from the previous universe, with them the animal and the plant original totem, from which every species is created.

However, we can call ourselves atheists, that is like saying i do not believe or have confidence in myself. I am GOD, but falling, There are other GOD which are still in their Grace, Yet we are not polytheists. That is because of the cosmic unity of GOD, or better THE CREATOR.

lmao is this serious? grin grin grin nutters
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
Redlyn:

You must be new here grin
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by gatiano(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
to live, to be real, corporeality, have being etc
I exist, You exist, The Creator exists, The earth exist, the trees exist, The other planets exist etc (all these exist materially as a living organism).

My computer exist, the moon exist, the book exist (all these exist inanimately things made from or by the living organism).

I have been wanting to ask you, Is lucifer the same as Esu (yoruba)?
sonOfLucifer:

Exist is exist? Tell me something.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by gatiano(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
I have a very opened mind. My mind is very wide, I intend to expanding my mind to the edge of the universe. That is impossible without My Creator.
Redlyn:

Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I'd love to think that too but purpose as a prerequisite for existence can only go so far because something or someone must have existed to start the whole chain reaction of giving meaning for the existence of other beings.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 04, 2015
striktlymi:

I'd love to think that too but purpose as a prerequisite for existence can only go so far because something or someone must have existed to start the whole chain reaction of giving meaning for the existence of other beings.
Isn't that purpose?
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 04, 2015
davien:
You presented a claim and I asked a question in response to that claim, how is that a "fight"?

Or is this your panic response to critical examination?....panicking? :-/
What claim did I present? Fucking idiot.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 04, 2015
davien:

I tend to go with sonOfLucifer as regards 'different ecistence' or realities for man and ants.

One huge difference is the way time is perceived. The equivalent of a 12 year old dog, for instance, may be an 80 year old man.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 04, 2015
davien:
And you're accusing me of trying to start a fight?... shocked

Life's not boring for me by the way....I reckon you think that having reliable information through testable methods means no awe at anything...the thrill is in discovery not assertions you can't back up...
With your so-called reliable information and testable method, I am quite confident you know the future with certainty. Enjoy.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 04, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Isn't that purpose?

Yes it is!

Assuming that being decided not to create nor act, would its purpose be idleness?

My point really is that, for satient beings, purpose can be determined.
Re: Why Does God Simply Exist? by malvisguy212: 7:39am On Apr 04, 2015
Akdegreat:
A Creator God, if He exists, must, by definition, exist beyond the limits of the universe in order to have created it.
The laws of physics tell us that we cannot make measurements beyond the limits of this universe. Therefore, scientists can conclusively determine that we cannot ever detect God using any of our instruments.
However, God is not restricted to our limitations and could choose to reveal part of Himself to us. God could not reveal His entirety to us without causing
major problems in our universe because the bible say no man can see God and live.
https://www.nairaland.com/2135981/because-god-not-revealed-himself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians / A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions. / Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.