Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. (1261 Views)

Buhari: Nigerians Are Suspicious, Open Up Now – Doctors Tell Presidency / Men Who Stormed Abia Government House With Suspicious Materials Arrested. Photos / Okonjo-iweala Named In N1.17b ‘suspicious’ Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
I was banned for my last post before this one. Ordinarily I would let it slide because a ban is no big deal to me since it now seems to be a regular thing on NL these days. I would however like Seun and OAM4J to look into my last ban which I suspect was the work of a Mod hiding behind "anti spam bot". I contributed a post with no spam in it and was told the anti spam bot had banned me. I'll be out of NL soon anyway because my personal 'mission', i.e the removal of the PDP at the centre, has been accomplished cool cool cool Yet it would be good if you guys establish, for the sake of other users, if there is an ethnocentric Mod who goes around banning posters for the flimsiest excuses just to try and hound people out of NL.

4 Likes

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:
I was banned for my last post before this one. Ordinarily I would let it slide because a ban is no big deal to me since it now seems to be a regular thing on NL these days. I would however like Seun and OAM4J to look into my last ban which I suspect was the work of a Mod hiding behind "anti spam bot". I contributed a post with no spam in it and was told the anti spam bot had banned me. I'll be out of NL soon anyway because my personal 'mission', i.e the removal of the PDP at the centre, has been accomplished cool cool cool Yet it would be good if you guys establish, for the sake of other users, if their is an ethnocentric Mod who goes around banning posters for the flimsiest excuses just to try and hound people out of NL.
you should stay and win more votes for your general. The journey ahead is still much. There is still second term and you should be here to have healthy argument with the opposition. pdp fans did not leave when Jonathan won in 2011.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mynd44: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
No mod is behind the spambot. The spambot is what it is, a bot.

It picks up words or strings of words and bans. Sometimes, it bans wrongly and when that happens, report to the mods.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by omenka(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
I have a very good idea who that mod could be.

Soon to severely trim down my activities here. My mission has been accomplished.

2 Likes

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mcowubaba: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:
I was banned for my last post before this one. Ordinarily I would let it slide because a ban is no big deal to me since it now seems to be a regular thing on NL these days. I would however like Seun and OAM4J to look into my last ban which I suspect was the work of a Mod hiding behind "anti spam bot". I contributed a post with no spam in it and was told the anti spam bot had banned me. I'll be out of NL soon anyway because my personal 'mission', i.e the removal of the PDP at the centre, has been accomplished cool cool cool Yet it would be good if you guys establish, for the sake of other users, if their is an ethnocentric Mod who goes around banning posters for the flimsiest excuses just to try and hound people out of NL.

Hmmmm
I was banned too yesterday, "anti spam bot"
M yet to understand why!!!
My 1st ban since I became a member here...
There was no atom/iota of spam in my post...
Nothing serious though! No hard feelings!!
But that was incompetent

1 Like

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Banning indiscriminating has been a serious problem here

it was one of the reason I left but Alhmdlh the reason I return has been accomplished.
Thanks Gbawe for saying the Gospel truth

1 Like

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Banning indiscriminating has been a serious problem here

it was one of the reason I left but Alhmdlh the reason I return has been accomplished.
Gbawe
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by dunkem21(m): 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Anybody not thinking in your direction needs help.

Cheers!
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mcowubaba: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:

It picks up words or strings of words and bans. Sometimes, it bans wrongly and when that happens, report to the mods.

I think it is excessively banning wrongly now...
"In layman's terms- mak una repair am"grin

1 Like

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Vessi:
you should stay and win more votes for your general. The journey ahead is still much. There is still second term and you should be here to have healthy argument with the opposition. pdp fans did not leave when Jonathan won in 2011.

Not interested in that any more. Do you know the amount of insults I have received over the years from PDP thugs here? Buhari and the APC do not need me promoting or defending them on NL any longer. Buhari will lead well because it is not particularly difficult to do so since Nigeria's major problems only persist mainly because leaders reject doing what must be done since doing so destroys the selfish and vested interest of a few including themselves. Buhari will do what must be done. I am sure of that. To that end I don't need to be here any more, at least not every day, to be heckled by agberos.

2 Likes

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:

Well show the post I was banned for to the forum and the thread I was banned on. Show the word that was spam in that message. This is all I ask.

1 Like

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Hmmmm
I was banned too yesterday, "anti spam bot"
M yet to understand why!!!
My 1st ban since I became a member here...
There was no atom/iota of spam in my post...
Nothing serious though! No hard feelings!!
But that was incompetent

Same here. This is why I am now asking Mynd44 to show the post I was banned for to the entire forum so they be the judge. If there is anything that constitute 'spam' in it then Nairaland must move to set the parameters for spam better. I will not be happy until the post is revealed here and I have my reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
@Mynd44.

I am waiting. Can you show the post I was banned for and the word/s the anti spam bot interpreted as spam?

1 Like

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mynd44: 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
omenka:
I have a very good idea who that mod could be.

Soon to severely trim down my activities here. My mission has been accomplished.
Except they have changed the way the spambot works, a mod can not control it
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mynd44: 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Well show the post I was banned for to the forum and the thread I was banned on. Show the word that was spam in that message. This is all I ask.
I am not a mod. I am just helping you find an explanation. The spambot makes mistakes sometimes bro.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mcowubaba: 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Same here. This is why I am now asking Mynd44 to show the post I was banned for to the entire forum so they be the judge. If there is anything that constitute 'spam' in it then Nairaland must move to set the parameters for spam better. I will not be happy until the post is revealed here and I have my reasons.
Its kind of annoying sha....(Esp being banned in the politics section-my favourite sectiongrin)
But according to Mynd44,- "there is no Mod controlling the Anti spam bot, it is a bot"
Just let it slide..no biggie..
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by doctokwus: 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:
Having buhari at the centre is just the beginning of the job @gbawe.There are still desperados out there who having lost all are hellbent on frustrating his success using all kinds of schemes.
Have u not noticed that the airwaves,d social media including nland these past 2days have been filled with propaganda trying to cast GEJ as a "great statesman".
I don't know ur views about that but in my own view,all progressives in Nigeria must be there to make d nation and indeed the stratosphere to know the true colour of d man who nearly bankrupted Nigeria,neglected a part of d country costing us lives,ceded territories,oversaw the greatest corrupt machine d nation had ever seen,empowered and encouraged renegade groups in various parts of d country and polarized d nation so much on our fault lines,it left us on d brink.
The task of painting d true picture of d man would be one that requires people with in depth knowledge and analysis and is one d same GEJ apologists and sycophants,having lost out badly, want to distort using all available media,including nland.They should not be allowed to hoodwink people.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:

I am not a mod. I am just helping you find an explanation. The spambot makes mistakes sometimes bro.

I thought you were. Thanks for your help anyway. With your post below, it seems you do not get what I am getting at.

Except they have changed the way the spambot works, a mod can not control it

What is to stop a Mod banning me or anyone dictatorially to muzzle or frustrate us and then put a message on our profile page that we were banned by the anti spam bot? This is why I am insisting the Mods show the post I was banned for and what constituted spam in the post. Hope you see my point now?

1 Like

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by meforyou1(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Seun and Mods, I was equally banned by this spambot for reasons I don't know.
Please act swiftly

1 Like

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mynd44: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

I thought you were. Thanks for your help anyway. With your post below, it seems you do not get what I am getting at.

What is to stop a Mod banning me or anyone dictatorially to muzzle or frustrate us and then put a message on our profile page that we were banned by the anti spam bot? This is why I am insisting the Mods show the post I was banned for and what constituted spam in the post. Hope you see my point now?
The emboldened is implausible.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mynd44:

The emboldened is implausible.

Why is it implausible? Man mi, you don't know this forum as I do. I wonder why you would say such a thing knowing the character of some of the Mods here and the huge complaints of "unfair behaviour" against them. That is why I specifically asked Seun and OAM4J to look into this.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Mynd44: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Why is it implausible? Man mi, you don't know this forum as I do. I wonder why you would say such a thing knowing the character of some of the Mods here.
I am answering you based on this issue and not character. What you said about a mod hiding behind the spambot is not plausible.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by MalcoImX: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
doctokwus:

Having buhari at the centre is just the beginning of the job @gbawe.There are still desperados out there who having lost all are hellbent on frustrating his success using all kinds of schemes.
Have u not noticed that the airwaves,d social media including nland these past 2days have been filled with propaganda trying to cast GEJ as a "great statesman".
I don't know ur views about that but in my own view,all progressives in Nigeria must be there to make d nation and indeed the stratosphere to know the true colour of d man who nearly bankrupted Nigeria,neglected a part of d country costing us lives,ceded territories,oversaw the greatest corrupt machine d nation had ever seen,empowered and encouraged renegade groups in various parts of d country and polarized d nation so much on our fault lines,it left us on d brink.
The task of painting d true picture of d man would be one that requires people with in depth knowledge and analysis and is one d same GEJ apologists and sycophants,having lost out badly, want to distort using all available media,including nland.They should not be allowed to hoodwink people.

Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by patrickmuf(m): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
I have had Ngwakwe ban my moniker for no reason before...Absolute rubbish
Gbawe, please don't leave, I've learnt a lot from you and other intelligent folks here and I'm still learning...
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by adaweezy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
The spam bot is a robot
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Gbawe: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
patrickmuf:
I have had Ngwakwe ban my moniker for no reason before...Absolute rubbish
Gbawe, please don't leave, I've learnt a lot from you and other intelligent folks here and I'm still learning...

Bros, Thanks for the complement. I have certainly learnt a lot from Nairaland and enjoyed discussing with posters like you. Nairaland is not what it used to be. I joined in 2009 and have had the displeasure of watching this forum go downhill horribly. While 2011 elections on NL was sane and issue-based, this 2015 affair has been a horror show. The moderating does not help either. All in all, this has contributed to a poor user experience for posters who genuinely want the progress of Nigeria.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by OAM4J: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Why is it implausible? Man mi, you don't know this forum as I do. I wonder why you would say such a thing knowing the character of some of the Mods here and the huge complaints of "unfair behaviour" against them. That is why I specifically asked Seun and OAM4J to look into this.

Mynd44 is right. No moderator can hide behind antispam bot to ban. When a moderator bans, he gives the length and the reason for the ban which will be displayed on your profile. A moderator CANNOT make the system claim/report a ban was made by the anti spam bot when it is not, it is not possible.

The antispam bot do make mistake, it is a computer program prone to error of judgement. Whenever you are wrongly banned by the antispam bot, please report it and you will be unbanned as soon as we come online and see the report.

Cheers.
Re: Seun And OAM4J. Re: Suspicious Banning. by Seun(m): 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Yep.

(1)

Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Wife Dancing While Korede Bello Performs / Ambode Of APC Leads With 80,000 Votes In Lagos Governorship Race / Jonathan Sacks NPA Managing Director, Appoints Sanusi Lamido As Replacement!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.