Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Which Is The Best University In UK? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is The Best University In UK? (1195 Views)

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best University In UK? by Kizyte(m): 7:45am On Apr 04, 2015
Please can someone recommend me the best university in UK and when they write scholarship exams.
I think I only know of Oxford University but don't know about their scholarship program.
Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2015
Cambridge.
St Andrews.
Warwick.
Imperial College London
University College London
Durham.

Cambridge being the best.
Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Kizyte(m): 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
YourMain:
Cambridge.
St Andrews.
Warwick.
Imperial College London
University College London
Durham.

Cambridge being the best.
Thanks man! But I don't like college. Any info about Cambridge scholarship or admission process?
Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
Kizyte:

Thanks man! But I don't like college. Any info about Cambridge scholarship or admission process?

Ehm college and university are more or less the same thing here.

I'd say if you logged on to their website you'd be able to see some.

BTW. I am a female.
Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Kizyte(m): 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
YourMain:

Ehm college and university are more or less the same thing here.

I'd say if you logged on to their website you'd be able to see some.

BTW. I am a female.
Oops! Sorry!

There is big difference between college and university in UK. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by campusconnect: 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Application processing into institution in UK

* Visa Counseling and Guidance etc

for enquiries contact campus connections:

email:lagos@campusconnections-edu.com
george.campusconnections@yahoo.com
tel: 08186775365
www.campusconnections-edu.com

Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Xcely: 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Typically,
[Tier 1 Universities] Cambridge>Oxford (Oxbridge)>>>
[Tier 2 Universities] Imperial College London >University College London> London School of Economics, LSE for humanities only >Edinburgh>>
[Tier 2.5 Universities grin ] Warwick> St. Andrews > Bristol > Bath

Although, your course of study and overall quality of your application would determine which you're eligible to apply to. Btw, I understand your point about the discrepancies between "colleges" and "universities" in the UK, however Imperial and UCL are just as good as any "universities" you might be considering.

PS: Imperial has been ranked joint 2nd place with Cambridge in QS rankings this year.
UCL has been ranked joint 5th with Oxford in QS rankings also.
MIT is first, Harvard is 3rd

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Kizyte(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
Xcely:
Typically,
[Tier 1 Universities] Cambridge>Oxford (Oxbridge)>>>
[Tier 2 Universities] Imperial College London >University College London> London School of Economics, LSE for humanities only >Edinburgh>>
[Tier 2.5 Universities grin ] Warwick> St. Andrews > Bristol > Bath

Although, your course of study and overall quality of your application would determine which you're eligible to apply to. Btw, I understand your point about theu discrepancies between "colleges" and "universities" in the UK, however Imperial and UCL are just as good as any "universities" you might be considering.

PS: Imperial has been ranked joint 2nd place with Cambridge in QS rankings this year.
UCL has been ranked joint 5th with Oxford in QS rankings also.
MIT is first, Harvard is 3rd
Is Harvard not in U.S? I think Harvard is among the best schools abroad but located in the United States
Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Chydobe: 12:38am On Aug 20, 2022
United Kingdom (UK) is home to one of the finest and top ranked schools in the world. United Kingdom has the best school facilities and takes great pride in the quality and standards her school possess.

It is worthy of note to state that, on the list of global university ranking, two UK schools sit comfortably amongs the top 5 schools in the world. This article brings to your knowledge the best top 10 universities in UK and reasons why they made the top 10 universities in UK list.

Click on the link below to see the list of top best universities in UK

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/top-10-universities-in-uk-best-ranked-universities-in-uk/
Re: Which Is The Best University In UK? by Xenisha: 6:00am On May 29, 2023
The BMAT past papers provided by Medic Mind are an invaluable resource for students preparing for this challenging exam, check https://www.medicmind.co.uk/bmat-past-papers/ . With detailed answer guides and explanations, students can identify areas where they need further study and practice their skills in a realistic testing environment.This website offers a collection of BMAT past papers and answer guides that are a valuable resource for students who are preparing for the BMAT exam. The website also offers personalized coaching services to help students identify areas of weakness and develop strategies to improve their performance on the exam. The website is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it a convenient and accessible resource for all students.

(1) (Reply)

All You Need Know About JAMB Eligibility Status / '' Never Give Up'' Inspiring Photo / FUNAI Supplementary Result Portal Is Now Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.