Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US (41835 Views)

@mufclatestnews Removes Editor Who Said Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen & Flesh / You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy / Pls I Need To Know More About 'gnld",my Sister Is In Their Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
She said she would help me travel to the States but she would keep me indoors in her house for 6 months pending when my papers allowing me to move around the US would be ready.

I'm already receiving 75,000 naira per month here in Nigeria and still single.

Please is there any advise from the house?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by swaggzo(m): 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
GET HER INTENTIONS RIGHT.

IF ITS GONNA SUIT YOU AND BETTER YOUR LIFE AFTER THE SIX MONTHS YOU GONNA SPEND IN THE HOUSE. .THEN GO HER WAY

OR ELSE REMAIN WHERE YOU AT WITH YOUR 70K JOB.. CUZ WITH TIME YOU MAY BE PROMOTED AND GET YOUR SALARY INCREASED.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
swaggzo:

IF ITS GONNA SUIT YOU AND BETTER YOUR LIFE AFTER THE SIX MONTHS YOU GONNA SPEND IN THE HOUSE. .THEN GO HER WAY

OR ELSE REMAIN WHERE YOU AT WITH YOUR 70K JOB.. CUZ WITH TIME YOU MAY BE PROMOTED AND GET YOUR SALARY INCREASED.

well said. You should discuss ur options with your sister. A pros nd cons list shld help narrow ur choices

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by otipoju(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Your story get K-Leg oo. May be she needs a baby sitter.

143 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by 7footre(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
D grass is not always green on the other side Pls be careful when making your decision

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
Your topic says you have made ur decision. Your post says you r confused

49 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by simplex2: 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
After the 6 months and the papers are out, what next? Is she going to further your education or you intend to do menial jobs to earn a living?

You don't have it bad here in Nigeria; you're actually earning a decent wage and with time and more job experience, can actually move to another job that pays better.

Like someone else said, it always 'look' greener on the other side.

20 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by wisolf(m): 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
At least u go fit do house boy for 6 months na.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by samkevie: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tempting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
Not advisable to over stay your b1/b2 visa

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by gen2briz(m): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
How much will she be paying you?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
GUYS SHE'S NOT GOING TO PAY, JUST GOING TO WAIT TILL 6 MONTHS B4 D PAPERS GETS READY[b][/b]
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by adexeli(m): 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
Spreads mat

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Drabeey:
[b][/b] ''she said she would help me travel to the states but she would put me inside her house for 6 months pending when my papers to mobe around the states would b ready. im already receiving 75k here per month and at least still single.'' pls any advise in the house
your future matters and more guaranteed in US.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Cutesexy1(f): 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
anyhow just follow ur heart
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
You want to abandon a 75k a month salary for an uncertain future in the US? Calm down its not worth it ma dear. Stay back for the moment.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by LOVEGINO(m): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
I can see dat d witches in ur village are very powerful. Bros abeg cum back home come join dem.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
LOVEGINO:
I can see dat d witches in ur village are very powerful. Bros abeg cum back home come join dem.

@ LOVEGINO, stay with my job or just go there with uncertainty?
[b][/b]
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
Please stay on your 75k job. For you to clinch that kind of job in a highly saturated labour market such as Nigeria is an indication that you're competitive, or can pull the right strings. No place like home. If you're yet to leave the shores of this country it may still be freaking you, but after a while, "freaking" things soon become ordinary.
And for a lady that you are, you won't like that hustle life your sister wants to introduce you to, trust me.
Questions you should ask yourself?
Is your sister married and happy in the States?
Do you picture yourself in her position in the next couple of years? Excuse me, she will model you to be what she is. If you don't like what you see don't go for it.
Are you happy with your present job? Do you see any hope for the future if you remain on it?
Have you discussed with your confidant?

21 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by LOVEGINO(m): 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
Drabeey:

@ LOVEGINO, stay with my job or just go there with uncertainty?
[b][/b]
guy wise up! Manage ur job.
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
@ Op please don't mind this people who are advising you to stay baack in Nigeria oooo, they are not happy for you.

Please ask your self if you see hope in this Country? How much is 75k? Please take this opportunity with both hands,before you know it you would start a job after getting the papers in the US. I want you to think about the quality of Life that the US offers and not the slave wages being paid in Nigeria. Nigeria jst survived a Civil War by whiskers because God intervened through the US and Britain but there is still tension in the Air.

Just sit down and think about all you have to gain by moving to a more developed and stable country.

May God give you the wisdom to make a good decision.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by ednut1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
dis story mks no sense abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by tokaiki: 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
It is not always greener at the other end but I'll rather take the risk than stay put with a 75k job. @Op after a couple of years you'll realize your risk paid off. You can live the American dream. A word they say is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by sarmiie(m): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
candygosh:
Your topic says you have made ur decision. Your post says you r confused

a succint and direct synopsis....

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by sarmiie(m): 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
sholay2011:

There's no need for this, 1diot.

two adages come to mind
-silence is the best answer for a .........
-never argue with a fool, lest he drags you down to his level

#peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by prelinctus: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
Op, did you go to school at all?
Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by chuckvinz(m): 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
Drabeey:
[b][/b] ''she said she would help me travel to the states but she would put me inside her house for 6 months pending when my papers to mobe around the states would b ready. im already receiving 75k here per month and at least still single.'' pls any advise in the house
bro I'm in the states , it's depends on how long you will get your papers to work... Bro you can't just start working here like that.... It takes a lot of time... It all depends sha..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Generalkorex(m): 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
otipoju:
Your story get K-Leg oo. May be she needs a baby sitter.
this got me laffing

1 Like

Re: My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US by Sylverbox(m): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
My dear, no risk, no reward. I advise you pay attention to self improvement.
75k a month isn't worth your being tied down here. Be clear on why your sis really wants you there if not, take the risk dear!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 / 2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.