Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

How I Came This Far. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How I Came This Far. (944 Views)

Prepared: See What Groom Came With On His Wedding Day / 1000 Post In Nairaland So Far.. / Revived By The Power Of Love: Dead Premature Baby Came Back To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Came This Far. by joyblinks(f): 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
I just want to share this with us.

Some months ago I had this idea of organising a gospel music Competition for teenagers since I have so much passion for Gospel music but I was limited because of funds. So I had to do a little savings.

Some weeks ago, I decided to put that dream into action. After all planing has been done, i started distributing flyers around port harcourt to invite teenagers who could sing for N50,000, N20,000 and N10,000 respectively but needs to get a form for N1,000. After about a week, nobody showed interest and i decided to bring d sale of form down to N500 then a few people got their forms. Meanwhile i wrote a letter out to some churches and schools for sponsorship and they all indicated their interest. But to my greatest surprise, only 2 of the companies offered to help in hall (my church) and feeding (indomie noodles) Meaning the rest bills (Decoration, coverage, prices, instrumentalists etc) will be on me. I felt discouraged because the number of people in attendance was very poor. I thought about quitting but my flyers were all over port Harcourt already. So I forged on reducing the 1st 2nd and 3rd prices and borrowing some borrowable. (No mind my English sha) (The show must go on.)

In all I am excited the audition was done today and it was very successful. Some of my friends volunteered to work for free and all went well. The finale is on the 18th. I still pray for strength and grace to pull through it all because I intend making this a yearly event.

Below are some pictures from today's auditon. Some contestant and my Judges. Seeing these teens sing praises to God with a sweet voice just makes me happy. After the finale, i will upload more photos.

Photo order.

A contestant
My humble Judges
The Organising Team
A contestant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Came This Far. by joyblinks(f): 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
Moreee

Re: How I Came This Far. by Mobsync(m): 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
While you might not realize, this thread of yours gave me hope. It means one can achieve whatever he/she wants to achieve, irrespective of the situation or challenges one faces.
It all boils down to determination. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: How I Came This Far. by eventsmeter(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Inspiring! Truly inspiring!! we look forward to the next edition. Keep the dream Alive.
Re: How I Came This Far. by joyblinks(f): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
eventsmeter:
Inspiring! Truly inspiring!! we look forward to the next edition. Keep the dream Alive.

Thanks a lot.
Re: How I Came This Far. by joyblinks(f): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mobsync:
While you might not realize, this thread of yours gave me hope. It means one can achieve whatever he/she wants to achieve, irrespective of the situation or challenges one faces.
It all boils down to determination. Congratulations!

Thank you.
Re: How I Came This Far. by Mobsync(m): 5:07am On Jun 11, 2015
joyblinks:

Thank you.
You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Ojude Oba 2015 Festival / When Employers Want You To Have 10 Years Of Experience B4 The Age Of 22. / 100 Valentines Day Gifts Ideas For Girlfriend And Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.